Akron vs. BG

The Hip Zip

Well, this is going to be a tough one. For those of you that did not see BG last night they were almost flawless. I was surprisied to see the Falcons play such a complete game, their improvement has been almost unbelievable. Nate Miller was a man anongst boys and really took the game over, OU just could not guard him.We really can't expect to toss in the three ball like we did last night but we can keep a body on Miller and force others to try to beat us. Our effort on the glass last night was as great as I can remember in a long, long time. We need to repeat that very same thing, box out and crash those offensive boards. Thats the key as I see it. Should be another good one.Akron 67BG 63GO Zips

The key to this one comes down to the Zips figuring out BG's 2-3 Zone. The Zips have struggled all year against zone defenses. We've got to make an early attempt to force the ball down into the low post. If we settle for jump shots all night it is going to be a long evening. It would also be a huge help if we can continue that good 3 point shooting from the outside. The other big thing for tonights game is rebounding. It is a proven fact. When the Zips outrebound their opponent, they win. Every time. BG has some good rebounders who really caused problems for us at the JAR. We have to continue to scrap and claw for every rebound. I've given up trying to predict these games. After seeing a Zips/Miami game go to 73-63 I am convinced there has been some kind of hole ripped in the space/time continuom and everything is out of whack. Right now, I'm just along for the ride. Go Zips!

The key to this one comes down to the Zips figuring out BG's 2-3 Zone. The Zips have struggled all year against zone defenses. We've got to make an early attempt to force the ball down into the low post. If we settle for jump shots all night it is going to be a long evening.
The other big thing for tonights game is rebounding. It is a proven fact. When the Zips outrebound their opponent, they win. Every time. BG has some good rebounders who really caused problems for us at the JAR. We have to continue to scrap and claw for every rebound.
Yup. Nikola Cvetinovic has to come up big again. We need his energy.

Control the M&Ms (Miller and Moten) and Zips win. And for the fans' sake, please work the ball inside! Teams that live by the 3, die by the 3. We cannot expect Mcneese to do what he did last night...we need better sharing of the ball. Replicate that staunch defense last night and this team gets to the finals! GOOOOOO Zips. :rock: Akron: 64BGSTD: 61

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Championships are a lot like gumbo in Jimmy Buffett's song I Will Play for Gumbo" when he writes about gumbo:"It's a little like religionand a lot like sex.You should never knowwhen you're gonna get it next."I have a funny feeling something special is about to happen in the next say 30 hours but I'm scared to actually type it.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Championships are a lot like gumbo in Jimmy Buffett's song I Will Play for Gumbo" when he writes about gumbo:"It's a little like religionand a lot like sex.You should never knowwhen you're gonna get it next."I have a funny feeling something special is about to happen in the next say 30 hours but I'm scared to actually type it.
uhh.... what? *tokes* That wuz profound dood. Go flushes...er......:P

I completely admit I stole this image from the BUGS site, I just had to alter it a little. Sorry the somewhat sloppy edit, but I just felt they had the wrong caption on their site. This one was far more obvious. Go Zippy, squash the BUGS.

you all have good points. but don't you know by now, this is the MAC, the refs decide the outcome, not the players that play the games.
As an official for several sports, I cannot tell you of a time when the refs truly decided a game (my bad, Miami). Remember, that for all of the errors an official might make during a game, players and coaches make at least 3 times as many. Do you blame an official for a turnover, do you blame an official for a missed shot, do blame an official for a team playing zone when YOU think they should be playing man? Officials are just another part of the game and everyone tends to blame them for everything rather than looking at the entire picture.When a team shoots 30% from the field is it the officials fault? I think not!Now that I am done ranting, and I do appreciate the fact that this forum does exist, let's go kick some Falcon A**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If our guards play as well as they did against Miami, we win. If our guards drive to the basket, we win. If Polk gets going and doesn't cool off, or we can't stop him, they win. I just hope C. McKnight and Nikola can handle their big men. Akron- 70BGSUCKS- 55Let's Go Zips! :screwks:
We also need to watch Eric Marshall. He'e been playing really well lately too. There's not much question in my mind. This is the stiffest test remaining, and I sure hope I am wrong.BUGS 74Zips 70Please make me be wrong!!!

Three points to winning the game. Most of you have covered the first two:1-Feeding the ball inside, the three can help open up the zone for you but you can't hoist a three every possession and expect a win.2-Rebounding the ball3-Avoid dumb fouls. This team has been a fouling machine. Especially with the great MAC officiating. You know they're going to call every touch so adjust your play accordingly. And mainly, when you commit a foul, make sure the fouled player doesn't get a continuation. I counted at least 8 "and one baskets" against Toledo.

According to Ohio Sports Time (whatever the hell that is)While Akron should have the stronger fan support tonight, Bowling Green is a very solid team and I expect them to come out strong and get the win. Three games in four days and the questionable health of Anthony Hitchens is going to be too much for the Zips to overcome as Bowling Green advances to face the #2 Ball State/#3 Buffalo winner in the MAC Tournament Championship Game on Saturday night at 8 pm on ESPN2.Isn't it kinda of a laugh that Ball State is number 2 seed just because they won the pathetic West?

I completely admit I stole this image from the BUGS site, I just had to alter it a little. Sorry the somewhat sloppy edit, but I just felt they had the wrong caption on their site. This one was far more obvious. Go Zippy, squash the BUGS.
Sorry dude, went to the BUGS site and I have to say that I think the original was funnier.......I call 'em as I see 'em.