Penn State game

ZachTheZip

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I read about Penn State, the better I like our chances. AJ Wallace will be sitting out for our game, for certain. Their kicking game is a question mark, and their offensive line is completely disorganized.
maybe I'm missing something but aren't they suppose to be contenders for the national title? I haven't been following this all as closely as I should so I would love to find out that I"m wrong if someone wants to prove me wrong I would be more than happy to listen and believe them

The more I read about Penn State, the better I like our chances. AJ Wallace will be sitting out for our game, for certain. Their kicking game is a question mark, and their offensive line is completely disorganized.
maybe I'm missing something but aren't they suppose to be contenders for the national title? I haven't been following this all as closely as I should so I would love to find out that I"m wrong if someone wants to prove me wrong I would be more than happy to listen and believe them
Don't believe the hype. Akron's greatest strengths are matched up with PSU's biggest weaknesses.

Don't believe the hype. Akron's greatest strengths are matched up with PSU's biggest weaknesses.
yeah we'll just overlook the fact that PSU's greatest strength (running the ball) matches up with our greatest weakness (stopping the run).

For the 44th season in a row, JoPa said his team stinks (at the beginning of the season)
You are spot on, Dr Z. This is Joe's standard modus operandi: "We ain't got nothin'. I would be afraid to play the Akron State Hermaphrodites right now. We have a long way to go to be even decent. Yada, yada, yada."Not to say he isn't concerned about certain aspects of the team (O-line, D secondary), but he likes to overexaggerate the weaknesses.Personally, I think the current line of 27.5 points is a little disrespectful to you Zips, but obviously I still believe Penn State will prevail by double digits. If nothing else, our bench is stronger than yours -- we will pound and pound on your D until it breaks.

If nothing else, our bench is stronger than yours
and that is where schools of our level always lose it. we don't have the same debth as all the other "big name" schools and it is exactly why you will see us hanging with them for the first half and then fall off the face of the earth

I see your point Zach, but didn't PSU have one of the best offenses in the country last year? And didn't Akron have one of the worst defenses? Not to mention the difference in competition level. Jus Sayin.Also I haven't heard Wallace is sitting out.
Last year had different circumstances. PSU's offense was great because they had a veteran O-line and the best group of receivers in school history. Those are both gone.Akrons' defense was bad because of injuries to the D-line forcing us to use our third string, and an inexperienced secondary. Both of those problems have been addressed, and possibly even overaddressed.It's a different set of circumstances, this year is a whole new ballgame for Akron.Paterno in his press conference said that he's sitting Wallace for one or two games. Either way, that puts him out for the Akron game.

Also I haven't heard Wallace is sitting out.
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/ncfnationPSU's Wallace likely suspended for 1-2 games August 13, 2009 11:58 PMPosted by ESPN.com's Adam RittenbergJoe Paterno is all for second chances, but the legendary Penn State head coach doesn't tolerate academic missteps of any kind. So it's no surprise that Paterno will discipline cornerback A.J. Wallace for cutting classes.Wallace likely will be suspended for Penn State's first game or two because of his academic issues. So the Nittany Lions probably will be without one of their most experienced defensive backs when they open the season Sept. 5 against Akron."I've told A.J. I might not play him in a game or two because he had cut classes and if he cuts anymore classes he won't play," Paterno said Thursday at media day. "I think you've gotta send a message and there's no sense sending a message to someone who's not a player. He's obviously one of our better players. ... Now when I play him will depend on what I hear back from our academic advisers."Penn State will crush Akron and Syracuse whether or not Wallace is on the field, but it's important for a new-look secondary to build chemistry as quickly as possible. Sophomore D'Anton Lynn could get an opportunity to shine in a starting role early, though I'd expect Wallace to have the top job most of the season.I applaud JoePa for this, and I am glad its happening against the Zips (didn't much care for the crush Akron comment in the article though).

Also I haven't heard Wallace is sitting out.
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/ncfnationPSU's Wallace likely suspended for 1-2 games August 13, 2009 11:58 PMPosted by ESPN.com's Adam RittenbergJoe Paterno is all for second chances, but the legendary Penn State head coach doesn't tolerate academic missteps of any kind. So it's no surprise that Paterno will discipline cornerback A.J. Wallace for cutting classes.Wallace likely will be suspended for Penn State's first game or two because of his academic issues. So the Nittany Lions probably will be without one of their most experienced defensive backs when they open the season Sept. 5 against Akron."I've told A.J. I might not play him in a game or two because he had cut classes and if he cuts anymore classes he won't play," Paterno said Thursday at media day. "I think you've gotta send a message and there's no sense sending a message to someone who's not a player. He's obviously one of our better players. ... Now when I play him will depend on what I hear back from our academic advisers."Penn State will crush Akron and Syracuse whether or not Wallace is on the field, but it's important for a new-look secondary to build chemistry as quickly as possible. Sophomore D'Anton Lynn could get an opportunity to shine in a starting role early, though I'd expect Wallace to have the top job most of the season.I applaud JoePa for this, and I am glad its happening against the Zips (didn't much care for the crush Akron comment in the article though).
Adam Ritttenburg is IMO one Big Dumb MFAH. Go Zips!! We play to our potential, we WILL win. That is a fact. NFD. :thumb: