About as Big-time as It Gets

Here is how I would like to win. Take advantage of our strengths. (Zeke & Steve / Inside & Out). Work Z down low, work to get open looks for Steve's 3's. That should be 40 percent of what we do on offense. The other 60 percent of offense will take care of itself. Next year this should be 50/50. Do what ever on defense. I don't care about defense in basketball. Personally I like zone, but I'll give up that dream as long as KD is coaching.
I disagree. Zeke isn't part of our strength on offense. Yes, he's taller than everyone else on the floor, but he is still too raw on the offensive end to consider him a strength on offense. Defense, sure, but not on offense. Our strength is a balanced attack down low using all five playeres in our frontcourt rotation combined with timely shooting from outside. Brett McKnight's post ups and turnaround jumpers, Chris McKnight's low post moves and putbacks on offensive boards, Cvetinovic's dribble penetration and baseline spins, Conyer's quick drives to the rim and offensive rebounding and Zeke's length. Then you get some open looks for McNees and Roberts and Humpty and try to get those guys going.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is how I would like to win.
I disagree.
What you described is how we have been winning, true. What I described is how I want to win. I think our potential to become a better/dangerous team exists with my "formula" This formula is dependent upon Zeke staying out of foul trouble. I think when he learns that, he will become offensively dynamic. Once that happens Steve is going to see a lot of open spot up 3's. IMO that is a deadly combination.

I disagree.
What you described is how we have been winning, true. What I described is how I want to win. I think our potential to become a better/dangerous team exists with my "formula" This formula is dependent upon Zeke staying out of foul trouble. I think when he learns that, he will become offensively dynamic. Once that happens Steve is going to see a lot of open spot up 3's. IMO that is a deadly combination.
Zeke will be a big part of us winning on the offensive end of the floor in the coming years, but he isn't there right now. For tonight's game, and for the big games next week we need to stick with what our strength is now. Tonight isn't the night to try to force him into being the offensive threat we want him to become eventually.

I disagree.
Zeke will be a big part of us winning on the offensive end of the floor in the coming years, but he isn't there right now. For tonight's game, and for the big games next week we need to stick with what our strength is now. Tonight isn't the night to try to force him into being the offensive threat we want him to become eventually.
I cut and paste the below quote from Rasor's site. I'm not really disagreeing with you, I'm just excited about Zeke doing well. He is a player (physically/talent) like we have never had before and IMO he is the key to competing with good college basketball programs. Let's get started sooner rather than later.
Zeke Marshall says he plays his best in big games. Keith Dambrot seems to agree, saying that Marshall's main problem has been losing interest and/or not showing enough emotion. This is his first "big" game. He will respond accordingly. Given the crowd's infatuation with the 7-footer, just one big-time block can shift momentum in Akron's favor.

I disagree.
Zeke will score in double digits tonight with 2 monster dunks, a hook and the rest coming on free throws.

I disagree.
Zeke will score in double digits tonight with 2 monster dunks, a hook and the rest coming on free throws.
... assuming he stays away from the silly fouls he's been prone to get by reaching in or especially over. He's also gotten a bunch he probably hasn't deserved courtesy of the clowns who are MAC refs.Same applies to you, Nik! Control the emotion and don't pick up a bunch of silly fouls that puts your butt on the bench.

I'm so freaking jacked up... My ability to remain sane for 8 more hours is highly in doubt. The first blue hair around me that does not get very loud tonight had better watch out !! Anybody have a cigarette?
Here are the most carcinogenic cigarettes ever produced:KENT_100.jpg
Quite a witty reply. I tried them once but thy tasted like Ke...err...crap

Singletipsy's rap sheet.Also, some good information. For Akron, Bardo couldn't practice on Wednesday because of his ankle and I don't expect to see him play tonight. But for Can't, Both Singletary and Sherman were out with knee injuries.
I'm sorry but Bardo being hurt will actually help this team. I've been saying all year he hurts us more than he helps, it's sad but true. He can't play defense, he can't score. He's tall but thats all. The only thing he seems to have a talent in is dating girls on the dance team...

Singletipsy's rap sheet.Also, some good information. For Akron, Bardo couldn't practice on Wednesday because of his ankle and I don't expect to see him play tonight. But for Can't, Both Singletary and Sherman were out with knee injuries.
I'm sorry but Bardo being hurt will actually help this team. I've been saying all year he hurts us more than he helps, it's sad but true. He can't play defense, he can't score. He's tall but thats all. The only thing he seems to have a talent in is dating girls on the dance team...
As others have pointed out on here before. Bardo is good for pretty much one thing, coming into the game for 5-10 minutes and giving some good hard fouls. You see quite a few fouls when Mike is in the game, but not a lot of and-1's. If we have the same kind of whistle happy crew we normally get tonight, that could come back to hurt us.