About as Big-time as It Gets

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Singletipsy's rap sheet.Also, some good information. For Akron, Bardo couldn't practice on Wednesday because of his ankle and I don't expect to see him play tonight. But for Can't, Both Singletary and Sherman were out with knee injuries.
I'm sorry but Bardo being hurt will actually help this team. I've been saying all year he hurts us more than he helps, it's sad but true. He can't play defense, he can't score. He's tall but thats all. The only thing he seems to have a talent in is dating girls on the dance team...
As others have pointed out on here before. Bardo is good for pretty much one thing, coming into the game for 5-10 minutes and giving some good hard fouls. You see quite a few fouls when Mike is in the game, but not a lot of and-1's. If we have the same kind of whistle happy crew we normally get tonight, that could come back to hurt us.
Agree. There may be a point in the game when Bardo is needed to pound on Greene a little. Those 5 fouls were an asset that we don't have tonight.

Man am I excited! My last thoughts as I get ready to leave for tonight's game go back to the Rhode Island game. The Zips played RI tough at the JAR, led for about half of the game, trailed by only 2 with 2 minutes left and ended up losing by 5. It was a game the Zips could have won against a more athletic, higher-ranked team.RI is certainly a more athletic team than Can't. RI also has a higher RPI (30) than Can't (46). If the Zips could come so close to beating RI at the JAR, there should be no doubt that they are fully capable of beating Can't.Now let's just go out there and do it!

This is the first time I've ever walked out this early in a Zips' game. They could have won tonight if they had brought the home game they played against Rhode Island. Instead, they brought the home game they played against Eastern Michigan. That's not a good thing in the biggest game of the year so far against the best team in the MAC. The NIT consolation prize is now history for the Zips.So now that we know for sure who has the best team in the MAC this season, all that's left is to hope the Zips can pull off another upset miracle in the MAC tournament. One more game like tonight and the season's history for the Zips.

The Mc's took the night off. When that happens, we are really bad. Can't wanted it more than us. :(
As did all the guards. Humpty got it going a little bit late but other than that we got zero from our guards. Jimmy and Serb were terrific but two guys can't beat a very good team. I saw intensity from the three guys I mentioned, nobody else. BTW: Humpty really got in Nitro's face durring one of the time outs, it got pretty ugly in the huddle.

I recall the Capt.s charge that the phrase that means excrementing down one of one's lower appendage is not to be used for the remainder of this basketball season and I will honor his command. However, we need a way to describe a big time event, especially one on national television, where we perform poorly. I propose the following which is derivative of happening (as in a notable event) and also conveys the fact that the performance was less than desired. Specifically, last nights game was a crappening. :puke:

I recall the Capt.s charge that the phrase that means excrementing down one of one's lower appendage is not to be used for the remainder of this basketball season and I will honor his command. However, we need a way to describe a big time event, especially one on national television, where we perform poorly. I propose the following which is derivative of happening (as in a notable event) and also conveys the fact that the performance was less than desired. Specifically, last nights game was a crappening. :puke:
Tough call on the crap-down-the-leg.IMO - Crapping down your leg is more tied to blowing a huge lead. Last night, the Zips got waxed by a superior team. No crapping...we simply aren't in K.e.n.t.'s league, metaphorically speaking of course, Zipmeister.

This is the first time I've ever walked out this early in a Zips' game.
I wonder is you'll make ZW's "Quit on the Zips HOF"?
I'd like to think that I'll make someone's High IQ List for knowing when to quit on a lost game in which there is nothing of value left to be witnessed. ;)That's different from quitting on a team beyond that one game. While I do believe all the ratings that show Can't as a stronger team than the Zips, I've been around long enough to have seen a lot of upsets of higher-ranked teams by lower-ranked teams. I know that the Zips are capable of playing much better than last night and that Can't is capable of playing worse. That's what it will take for the underdog Zips to beat the favored Flushes at the Q.Beyond Can't, the Zips are rated higher than any other team that will be at the Q. Of course a lower-rated team could also upset the Zips. But I will continue to believe that the Zips have a fair chance to repeat as MAC tournament champions until they prove otherwise.I do reserve the right to walk out early on the Zips' last game at the Q if one should play out like last night. After all, I need to score as many IQ bonus points as I can to offset some of the dumb things I've said on this forum. ;)

Can't headed to Buffalo a few weeks ago and looked T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E pretty much the entire 40 minutes against the Bulls. If they're anything close to that one of two nights at the Q and Miami, BG, Buffalo or OU is on their game, Can't could very easily be off to the NIT and ... :thumb:

Can't headed to Buffalo a few weeks ago and looked T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E pretty much the entire 40 minutes against the Bulls. If they're anything close to that one of two nights at the Q and Miami, BG, Buffalo or OU is on their game, Can't could very easily be off to the NIT and ... :thumb:
If Can't does get knocked off, I hope BGSU is not the one to do it, They are on our side of the bracket. I think secretly, most people are not that upset with getting the three seed if it had come in a hard fought game, its just the perception is now that we have very little chance to beat Can't. And quite frankly the beatdown loss to them in the finals two years ago was just as bad to me as the Penno shot (the only thing that could have been worse is is Penno played for Can't). This also points out the flaw in using a tournament to determine a champion. I don't think that many people would argue that Can't deserved the league title this year, buit I am OK if we take it from them. I wonder if there is an outside chance if we beat them in the final, they might pick up an at large, so the MAC could have two teams for the first time in a decade. I think the league office should try to make this happen. :)