• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Syracuse 28

Akron 10

Prove me wrong Zips!!!

Syracuse 24

Akron 7

Our offense stunk in spring ball and it doesn't sound like it was too much better at the scrimmage. I hope that I am wrong.

I've heard too much about how well our defense is doing against our offense in camp, and it sounds like a continuation of what I saw at the spring game. It's not a good sign for me either, knowing that we probably don't have a great defense.

I'm thinking a similar score to those listed here, and hope something changes my mind before Saturday.

Syracuse 28

Akron 10

Prove me wrong Zips!!!

Syracuse 24

Akron 7

Our offense stunk in spring ball and it doesn't sound like it was too much better at the scrimmage. I hope that I am wrong.

I've heard too much about how well our defense is doing against our offense in camp, and it sounds like a continuation of what I saw at the spring game. It's not a good sign for me either, knowing that we probably don't have a great defense.

I'm thinking a similar score to those listed here, and hope something changes my mind before Saturday.

So you're thinking a Zips win in the 13 to 15 point range. Good for you.

Syracuse 28

Akron 10

Prove me wrong Zips!!!

Syracuse 24

Akron 7

So you're thinking a Zips win in the 13 to 15 point range. Good for you.

I meant the two posts I attached.

I do enjoy your Zips By 14 posts though. Unfortunately, you were 1 for 11 last year. I just hope you are right at least a few times this year.

Two "Dont's" for a successful season

1. "Don't Beat Yourselves."

Turnovers, penalties. dropped balls etc., missed FG XP's.

2. Don't Play Scared

play to win vs not to lose

I think Ianello plays to win this one and runs the ball (successful or not) to shorten the game.... it will be closer than we think.

The defense will hold their own -- new scheme 4-3 will slow Cuse running game and force them to the air where they did not look comfortable in the last few years.

I say Zips win a nail biter -- 27-24

2. Don't Play Scared

I think Ianello plays to win this one and runs the ball (successful or not) to shorten the game.... it will be closer than we think.

The defense will hold their own -- new scheme 3-4 will slow Cuse running game and force them to the air where they did not look comfortable in the last few years.

I agree with you 100% K-Roo.

If the Zips can A. successfully stop the run and force Nassib to throw while at the same time B. establish the run with AA, I think we have a good shot at winning. If we can't do A & B, I think it could be a long day.

Take care of the football. No turnovers. Play solid special teams. Get physical with our front 7 on D.

I am going the dreal optimism route and say: Zips 14 Syracuse 10.

Go Zips Go!

Orange 26

Zips 17

Still predicting 6-6 for the year. 1-3 non conference, 5-3 in the MAC. Win this and it could change things a TON.

That would seem to work in theory, figuring that we'd possibly have the most difficult games out of the way once that Syracuse/Kentucky/Indiana stretch is completed. But unfortunately, I think there could be several teams in our own conference that will be better than Syracuse.

2. Don't Play Scared

The defense will hold their own -- new scheme 3-4 will slow Cuse running game and force them to the air where they did not look comfortable in the last few years.

My prediction of a 14 point Akron win was based on the assumption that we would be playing a 4-3. If we are really going to play a 3-4 I am changing my prediction to a two touchdown - two extra point win.

First off I'm not here to start any drama, was just reading up on what the opposing teams thoughts were on the game this weekend and thought I'd make a couple "friendly" comments. Your not Georgetown, so I have no hate for ya. :lol:

B. establish the run with AA, I think we have a good shot at winning.

Syracuse's defense was #1 in the Big East last year at stopping the run(Held the Zips to 50 total yards in the second half last year, and If I remember correctly, you guys scored one offensive TD last year, the other was on a kickoff), and we're returning 10 of the starters(Art Jones/Ravens). They have more depth on that side of the ball this year, and 2 Butkus Award nominees. There's absolutly no doubt in my mind they will be in the top 5 in many categories this year as well, and not just in the Big East. BUT every team has a sleeper game, I just don't see it being the opening game of the season.

As far as you guys being able to stop the run, I can't speak much to that because I don't know what you've added since last season. BUT, hopefully you added something because DCIII(Delone Carter, you guys might know him I think he's from out your way :D ) went for 170 yards and 3 TD's behind a offensive line that was MUCH weaker than this years.

Now with that stuff out of the way... We haven't forgotten the 42-28 win you guys got over us 2 years ago, but the was the G-Rob era so we don't care. But thanks for that because it was a part of him getting fired.

My prediction of a 14 point Akron win was based on the assumption that we would be playing a 4-3. If we are really going to play a 3-4 I am changing my prediction to a two touchdown - two extra point win.

Surely I agree that the new 3-4 scheme will make for some exciting football. And that new 3-4 was probably stolen right from the playbook of the offensive coordinator guru over at Cant. And surely Cant Still Sucks. But a PAT is only 1 point. So logically , what is your point? Surely you must have been joking. I'll stick with my earlier prediction only if we revert back to Coach I's original new 4-3 scheme.

Now I'll stop calling you all Shirley. :cheers: