Chipotle is coming! Chipotle is coming!

Chipotle rumored for downtown! :rock:

Hopefully on the south side.

Also, a new hookah bar is opening up in the Kaiser Building across from Canal Park. I believe it's called the Karma Kafe.

Lux is moving into 22 Exchange.

And the link also mentions the new Nervous Dog Coffeehouse that is going in next to Brubaker's Pub.

Our downtown is starting to rock!

Great news about the downtown! The more dynamic our community becomes the better time we will have attracting quality people to go to college here and stay for a career.

FWIW, I had my in-laws in from Ann Arbor for a football and soccer game one weekend this fall. They were amazed at the vibrancy of the campus and our downtown. They went away becoming ambassadors for the town of their high school years (they moved away for college and never returned).

I think it is well beyond a dream, by the ardent Zip supporters on this board, that Akron can, and will, become a great place to live with an attractive university culture/life.

I'm proud of the town and our university! There growth is blossuming hand in hand :thumb:

A new Chipotle is just about to open on the "strip" in Wadsworth.

Looks like a new hangout for Wadscarman and GoZips.

While North High Street (Ohio Rte 94) is a bit far from downtown Akron, it is rapidly developing into

party central area on its own. Both Spunkmeyer's Pub and the Galaxy are active sports bars that

will cater to Zips fans requests to show Zips games on their TV screens. The Applebee's may as well.

What say you, Wadscarman?

While North High Street (Ohio Rte 94) is a bit far from downtown Akron, it is rapidly developing into

party central area on its own. Both Spunkmeyer's Pub and the Galaxy are active sports bars that

will cater to Zips fans requests to show Zips games on their TV screens. The Applebee's may as well.

It's already open in Wadsworth, has been for a month or two.

Can't say i'd even put Chipotle in my top 25 places to eat fast food though (Pita Pit is #1). Chipotle is overpriced and though it's good, it's not THAT good like some people seem to thinkl.

Can't say i'd even put Chipotle in my top 25 places to eat fast food though (Pita Pit is #1). Chipotle is overpriced and though it's good, it's not THAT good like some people seem to thinkl.

There are certainly some fast food places that I would go to before Chipotle. But that doesn't mean they aren't a step up from most of the dining options near campus.

This is more important as a symbol of downtown Akron turning into a place where people actually go. I think every business that opens downtown provides mroe people an incentive to go downtown, and thus a reason for more stores and restaraunts to open. It's a cycle and we're turning in the right direction.

Pita Pit is both Delicious and Awesome.

If Chipotle helps bring people to the city for lunch hour, then I'm all for it, as long as the city doesn't become overrun with national chains. I love places like Luigi's and Swensons and would much prefer to support local businesses and entrepreneurs and help to foster local economic growth and identity. After all, it is such local institutions that help to give Akron its unique character and identity, not building a new Chipotle or Wendy's or Walmart identical to any crappy generic suburb throughout the country. I do like what the developer of (the old kaiser building i believe?) did with preserving the building and adapting it to suit the needs of contemporary businesses (I believe that is the building Pita Pit is located in) I think that is a great way to contribute to the revitalization of "old Akron" and still maintain and respect much of its history and identity.

Don't anyone pay attention to this nut. When Chipolte opens up go there, spend lots of money, help drive stock price back up above $250.

Also, a new hookah bar is opening up in the Kaiser Building across from Canal Park. I believe it's called the Karma Kafe.

And the link also mentions the new Nervous Dog Coffeehouse that is going in next to Brubaker's Pub.

Great news!

I have to laugh at the Hookah bar though....lol Akron finally enters the 90's!!!

Great news!

I have to laugh at the Hookah bar though....lol Akron finally enters the 90's!!!

Actually there were a few Hookah bars recently downtown. I think the one is still open a few doors down from Davinci's Pizza. Met some friends there once (I wouldn't pay for flavored smoke, i can just light different kinds of things on fire in a bonfire for that...and for free) and they tried to charge me 2.50 for a water.

I replied "are you high?!" and then i realized how stupid of a question that was.

• 1 year later...

Well, the Chipotle thing looks like it fell through.

However, I've heard some great news for people looking to get a bite to eat on campus. There is a possibility that UA will be getting a Panera Bread and/or a Qdoba in the near future. Either one would really expand the options of students and visitors. Getting both would completely transform the prospect of getting food before or after athletic events. UA might do well to put them in Quaker Square, where they certainly have the space and they would get a lot of additional business from downtown and the out-of-town people visiting the convention center across the street would be drawn on to campus get a bite to eat.

Diamond Deli is the best lunch spot in downtown Akron. The owner is also a big Zips sports supporter.

weekly visitor and on a first name basis with the guys down there. They are by far the best Deli I've visited in the area and yes they are a HUGE supporter. Signed basketballs, footballs, memrobilia, etc. They are about as pro-akron as they come. And the food is amazing too!

weekly visitor and on a first name basis with the guys down there. They are by far the best Deli I've visited in the area and yes they are a HUGE supporter. Signed basketballs, footballs, memrobilia, etc. They are about as pro-akron as they come. And the food is amazing too!

Only been there once , but I do recall them having a damn fine rueben