MAC Tournament scenarios

Here is what I tried to do. Not sure if it accurate as I tried to do it quickly.

1. Can't

2. Western if they win or ball state loses; Ball State with a win and Western loss

3. Miami

4. Western if Ball State wins and Western loss; Ball State with a Ball State win and Western win; Ohio if Ball State loses (3 way tiebreaker over Akron and Ball State);

5. Akron if Ball State loses (3 way tiebreaker with Ohio and Ball State); Ohio if Ball State wins

6. Ball State if they lose (3 way tie, Ball 0-2, Akron 1-2, Ohio 3-0 vs. each other); Akron if Ball State wins

7. Buffalo if Central loses, BG if Central wins

8. BG if Central loses, Central if they win (3 way tie, Central 1-1, BG 2-1, Buffalo 1-2 vs. each other)

9. Central if they lose, Buffalo if Central wins (3 way tie, Central 1-1, BG 2-1, Buffalo 1-2 vs. each other)

10. Northern

11. Eastern

12. Toledo

Which seed gives us the best chance?

I would say the 6 seed. We avoid Northern who seems to give us trouble. Also we would Miami in round 2 who of the bye teams (maybe besides Western), I think is our best matchup. Also hopefully Can't would beat Ohio cause I like the championship matchup with Can't better than Ohio. But ultimately, to be the best you have to beat the best, so we just need to win 4 games in 5 days.

I think the team could be OK with just about any scenario except just don't give us Ohio with the 4/5 matchup. I wouldn't like that one at all. Even though I didn't expect to win both games this week, with two really tough road matchups but I did like that the effort seemed to be back a little better at Can't. Still think there is a chance again this week, just keep us away from Ohio.

Not scared of any of the likely top four seeds, since we have beaten every one of them. No one in the East should be scared of Ball State. The West getting two top seeds would actually be good for us, since Miami and Can't have already locked theirs up.

If I'm correct, it's looking like this:

1. Can't

2. Western or Ball State

3. Miami

4. Western or Ball State

5. Ohio

6. Akron

7. Buffalo

8. Bowling Green

9. Central Michigan

10. Northern

11. Eastern

12. Toledo

TOP SIDE

8-BG

9-CM Winner plays Can't

5-OU

12-Toledo Winner plays BSU or WM

BOTTOM SIDE

7-UB

10-NIU Winner plays BSU or WM

6-UA

11-EMU Winner play Miami

If I'm correct, it's looking like this:

1. Can't

2. Western or Ball State

3. Miami

4. Western or Ball State

5. Ohio

6. Akron

7. Buffalo

8. Bowling Green

9. Central Michigan

10. Northern

11. Eastern

12. Toledo

TOP SIDE

8-BG

9-CM Winner plays Can't

5-OU

12-Toledo Winner plays BSU or WM

BOTTOM SIDE

7-UB

10-NIU Winner plays BSU or WM

6-UA

11-EMU Winner play Miami

You are correct if Western and Ball State hold on to their double digit halftime leads. I updated my scenarios above. Western would be the 2 seed if they win.

BGSU beats Buffalo. WMU is either the 2 or 4. We can only be the 5 or the 6. If we are the 5, then OU is the 4 because Ball St. will have lost and taken the 6. If we are the 6, that means Ball St won so they are either 2 or four depending on WMU. OU would be the the five. Comes down now to whether Ball State wins or loses, I'd prefer they win to give us the second scenario (and 6 seed).

The games are just about done, barring some miracle comeback by one of them, here are the seedings.

1. Can't (12-4, East Champ)

2. Western (11-5, West Champ)

3. Miami (11-5)

4. Ball State (10-6)

5. Ohio (9-7, beat UA 2-0)

6. Akron (9-7)

7. Bowling Green (8-8, beat Buffalo 2-0)

8. Buffalo (8-8)

9. Central (7-9)

10. Northern (5-11, beat Eastern 2-0)

11. Eastern (5-11)

12. Toledo (1-15)

Had we dropped to the 7 seed, I would have predicted an all MAC East semifinal group. However, assuming we get past Eastern, I believe the winner of Miami-Akron makes the final. Western is a little better than I gave them credit for, but still think Ball St. is a bit of a fraud, but by them getting the 2 and 4 it evens out the East a little finally.

We get Eastern. Kind of looking forward to the OU-Can't matchup.

The games are just about done, barring some miracle comeback by one of them, here are the seedings.

1. Can't (12-4, East Champ)

2. Western (11-5, West Champ)

3. Miami (11-5)

4. Ball State (10-6)

5. Ohio (9-7, beat UA 2-0)

6. Akron (9-7)

7. Bowling Green (8-8, beat Buffalo 2-0)

8. Buffalo (8-8)

9. Central (7-9)

10. Northern (5-11, beat Eastern 2-0)

11. Eastern (5-11)

12. Toledo (1-15)

Had we dropped to the 7 seed, I would have predicted an all MAC East semifinal group. However, assuming we get past Eastern, I believe the winner of Miami-Akron makes the final. Western is a little better than I gave them credit ofr, but still think Ball St. is a bit of a fraud, but by them getting the 2 and 4 it evens out the East a little finally.

We get Eastern. Kind of looking forward to the OU-Can't matchup.

Ken+ might not make it that far. Buffalo can beat them in the quarterfinals. Look at how well Buffalo played against them this year, including a 25-point blowout in Buffalo. And either way, those are two pretty physical teams to put up against OU on Friday.

I'm really liking how this looks.

The bracket is complete.

1. Can't vs (Ohio vs Toledo)

2. WMU vs (Akron vs EMU)

3. Miami vs (BGSU vs NIU)

4. Ball State vs (Buffalo vs CMU)

The West should NOT have gotten two of the byes. It really throws things off and it's not fair to the better teams.

Your bracket is a little flawed. You inverted the second round matchups. MAC Website Bracket Here is the correct bracket:

1. Can't vs (Buffalo vs CMU)

2. WMU vs (BGSU vs NIU)

3. Miami vs (Akron vs EMU)

4. Ball State vs (Ohio vs Toledo)

A few tournament fun facts (from the MAC record book):

Tournament started in 1980.

1. How many times has the six seed won it? (0 - until Akron won as the five no one seeded lower than four had ever won and then of course somehow OU won it as the 9).

2. Last time a Western team made the final? (2006 - Toldeo)

3. Last Western team to win it? (2004 - WMU)

4. For all the current talk about how good it is to be the three seed, how may times has a three seed won it? (2 - last time was in 1986 - Ball State. Other was NIU in 1982).

5. How many times has the same team made the final four years in a row? (twice, Zips the last four and Can't from 2001-2004, but they won three of those four). No one has ever made it five in a row.

1. How many times has the six seed won it? (0 - until Akron won as the five no one seeded lower than four had ever won and then of course somehow OU won it as the 9).

4. For all the current talk about how good it is to be the three seed, how may times last a three seed won it? (2 - last time was in 1986 - Ball State. Other was NIU in 1982).

5. How many times has the same team made the final four years in a row? (twice, Zips the last four and Can't from 2001-2004, but they won three of those four). No one has ever made it five in a row.

What was Ohio's seed last year?

4. For all the current talk about how good it is to be the three seed, how may times last a three seed won it? (2 - last time was in 1986 - Ball State. Other was NIU in 1982).

7 or 9. I think 9.

7 or 9. I think 9.

Read number one very carefully. There is a clue there. :)

7 or 9. I think 9.

Read number one very carefully. There is a clue there. :)

Duh! :rolleyes: Btw, here is the MAC tourney bracket with game times : MAc Bracket Zips would play at 2:30 on Thursday if they beat EMU.

Well, you guys were absolutely correct. Though, of course, we want to win every game and we wanted to beat Ohio and we wanted to beat K.e.n.t, man, our side of the bracket is a much easier road to the championship game.

Buffalo, K.e.n.t & Ohio are all on the opposite side of the bracket. If all goes well, our toughest opponents should be Miami and WMU. I'd much prefer to play those two than any of the previously mentioned three.

If we just play our game we should definitely be playing in yet another MAC Championship game.

It was a 9 wasn't it? It was pretty high, that much I remember.

Sorry I haven't been around a lot the last couple of days. Work has been getting pretty busy for me. I did get to catch some of the second half meltdown against Can't. Honestly, if the Zips were going to have to play in the first round, this thing couldn't have set up much better for them. EMU at home is a game the Zips SHOULD win. I know EMU beat us once already, but we shot 30% from the floor in that one. I just can't see that happening again. If the Zips shoot anywhere near a reasonable percentage from the floor it should be a double digit victory. Miami in the second round is certainly a game we can win as well and we follow that up with a probable date against a Western team that we know we can beat. I feel pretty good about the Zips shots at getting to Saturday again.

Yes our seed seems to have the easier road to the MAC final but that being said..........Lets give Eastern some credit. They have almost beaten us two years in a row havent they? Not a great matchup, but we play our game with the intensity they had at Can't and we come out on top. Zeke palyed well at Can't, we need him . Dont forget how much that last game with Can't always seems to take out of us. The last 2 years it was a very nervous opening round at the Q for the Zippers.