Miami Game Day Story

Blue & Gold

Here is Tom Gaffney's ABJ Miami Game Day story.iCoach & Co. are definitely going to continue to use more pistol formation.Quote: “It fits our team better right now,” Ianello said. “After going through and seeing what defenses have been doing to us, this adjustment will help us counter those defenses.”I haven't chimed in on this debate, but most ZNO posters have been calling (pleading!) for some variation of a spread offense for over a year now. Did it really take RI (and his staff, don't forget) this long to figure out what would be, concerning our current roster, the most appropriate offense to run? Or is he just that stubborn?

great news... except for the fact that this is something he should have been capable of seeing in PRESEASON, if not within the first 3-4 weeks of the season. Pathetic that it takes until this late into the season for him to realize something like this...

except for the fact that this is something he should have been capable of seeing in PRESEASON
I'll defend i"Coach" there, pro style probably looked as good against our defensive line as all the other offenses do this year. Time to pass, no collapsing pocket, easy to run on....

idk, if he truly believes the pro set is what he wants to do in the future, and believes it will succeed, this is a bad call. Recruiting players for one scheme, spending two years teaching that scheme and changing it so you don't lose as bad isn't gonna end pretty.-I've seen this situation at pitt (albeit the other way around) where Todd Graham is going from Wanny's pro style to the oregon fast pace spread. There have been some hiccups switching systems, but the people saying he should be going back to the pro style are wrong, imo. So basically this isn't me bashing RI, just saying if he's worked almost two whole years on the pro offense, i don't think it's a great idea to switch.

just saying if he's worked almost two whole years on the pro offense, i don't think it's a great idea to switch.
2-18. We can't change anything fast enough, as far as I'm concerned.Look at our offensive numbers pre, and post "pro set" offense. It is an unreal difference.
I don't think it's too early to call it 2-19. And, if you want to consider teams that are on the same level as us, 1-19.

I think our new "pistol" offense ought to be nicknamed "pistol to the head" offense.
That is as creative as we can be on 3rd and 4th down? Pathetic.
You have got to be shittin' me! Send out the punt team, call time out, send the offense back out to run the same play that failed on 3rd down?