How cool would it be....

johnnyzip84

Make the move, Coach Bowden! You won't regret it.

riverside_01.jpg

I have suggested just that same thing in other threads. Really, how could he not? I haven't looked at Bowden's offense enough, but I can't imagine a FB is used too often. And nothing says that he can't still play FB situationally (I have seen it before with Boston College playing one of their best LBs and RB/FB in short yardage situations a few years ago).

I have suggested just that same thing in other threads. Really, how could he not? I haven't looked at Bowden's offense enough, but I can't imagine a FB is used too often. And nothing says that he can't still play FB situationally (I have seen it before with Boston College playing one of their best LBs and RB/FB in short yardage situations a few years ago).

Same thing happened with Owen Maraecic at Stanford last season.

That's where he should have been from the start but he wanted to play FB.

And based on the offense that was run, the fact that he was a high recruit that came here...that did make sense. I would hope the kid takes the advice of Bowden/Amato and plays the position that he is best suited for and that is best for the team.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like your wish has been granted.

On another note: Bowden is trying three players out in different spots. Those most notable: Akron native and Firestone grad Cody Grice, who started as a fullback, will move the the D-line. FB Nick Rossi will also move to defense as a linebacker. Safety L.T. Smith will move to offense as a wide receiver.

Looks like your wish has been granted.

On another note: Bowden is trying three players out in different spots. Those most notable: Akron native and Firestone grad Cody Grice, who started as a fullback, will move the the D-line. FB Nick Rossi will also move to defense as a linebacker. Safety L.T. Smith will move to offense as a wide receiver.

And if it doesn't work out, I can be the fall guy for Coach Bowden :D