Zips vs Ou

taxpayer

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4pm start time won't help either.

I still hope we can match the 4,000 we got for VCU. But, I think the TV, the start time, and the cold weather will keep it down around 3,500 max.

I'm with Skip & going 3,500. Zips games just aren't community events yet. How has the pre-game hype been from the Cleveland tv stations... oh, wait. Nevermind.

Go Miami Heat!!! & Go Akron Zips!!!

I'm with Skip & going 3,500. Zips games just aren't community events yet. How has the pre-game hype been from the Cleveland tv stations... oh, wait. Nevermind.

Go Miami Heat!!! & Go Akron Zips!!!

Great Post.

The buzz coming from our (supposed) local TV stations for this big college basketball matchup is incredible. Can ya feel it?

Remember, these are the same people who, even after almost two years have passed, still cry and whine like children about Bron.

Hey everyone. I wish I could break this matchup down in the way it deserves, as Ohio-Akron is my favorite MAC rivalry. Unfortunately, most of my time and energy is going into this. But I do have a few thoughts.

- Alex vs DJ. AA has taken the requisite step forward last year, but for whatever reason, the sight of him puts Cooper into overdrive. Can he keep up?

- Jon Smith. He can be foul prone, but he has improved as the year has gone on, providing valuable rebounding and interior defense. He was a big part of the win against Buffalo, can he handle it again on the road?

- Free throw shooting. Neither team is good at it. The Zips may be better off fouling Ivo Baltic and letting him brick half his attempts.

- Size. Akron clearly has the size advantage. Will Groce counter by going small? Offutt, Taylor, and Cooper on the floor together is a lot of speed.

- Three point shooting. OU is 27th in the nation in defending the three, Akron is 16th in the nation in shooting it.

- Zeke Marshall has yet to be a gamechanger in a good way against Ohio. If he can make an impact, that's huge.

Should be fun!

Hey everyone. I wish I could break this matchup down in the way it deserves, as Ohio-Akron is my favorite MAC rivalry. Unfortunately, most of my time and energy is going into this. But I do have a few thoughts.

- Alex vs DJ. AA has taken the requisite step forward last year, but for whatever reason, the sight of him puts Cooper into overdrive. Can he keep up?

- Jon Smith. He can be foul prone, but he has improved as the year has gone on, providing valuable rebounding and interior defense. He was a big part of the win against Buffalo, can he handle it again on the road?

- Free throw shooting. Neither team is good at it. The Zips may be better off fouling Ivo Baltic and letting him brick half his attempts.

- Size. Akron clearly has the size advantage. Will Groce counter by going small? Offutt, Taylor, and Cooper on the floor together is a lot of speed.

- Three point shooting. OU is 27th in the nation in defending the three, Akron is 16th in the nation in shooting it.

- Zeke Marshall has yet to be a gamechanger in a good way against Ohio. If he can make an impact, that's huge.

Should be fun!

As unusual as it may be for us, with AA, Q and Harney on the floor WE have a lot of speed!

Great Post.

The buzz coming from our (supposed) local TV stations for this big college basketball matchup is incredible. Can ya feel it?

Remember, these are the same people who, even after almost two years have passed, still cry and whine like children about Bron.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but this isn't the case at all. Cavaliers have fans moved on - it's ESPN and other national media outlets that continue to tie him to Cleveland. Having one of the best young point guards in the league makes it pretty easy to move on. I do love the people who continue to live in the dream world that "Bron" actually does anything for our program.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but this isn't the case at all. Cavaliers have fans moved on - it's ESPN and other national media outlets that continue to tie him to Cleveland. Having one of the best young point guards in the league makes it pretty easy to move on. I do love the people who continue to live in the dream world that "Bron" actually does anything for our program.

He does have an impact..might not be as big as some on here might think, but there is some. Zeke Marshall said that LeBron being around the JAR in the NBA offseason was a factor on him coming here. Same with others...may not be a big factor in them coming here, but if they have a choice between two schools and they are very similar, but one has an NBA superstar that comes back a few times in offseason, while the other one doesn't, it could be an impact...

He does have an impact..might not be as big as some on here might think, but there is some. Zeke Marshall said that LeBron being around the JAR in the NBA offseason was a factor on him coming here. Same with others...may not be a big factor in them coming here, but if they have a choice between two schools and they are very similar, but one has an NBA superstar that comes back a few times in offseason, while the other one doesn't, it could be an impact...

Superstar is such an understatement. Lebron James is the NBA, people even call him KING Lebron, or KING James. Even with no rings, he is bigger than the league. It really is amazing just how good that guy is.

Then you must really love KD. B)

Bissinger

Outside of leaving Cleveland (Who can blame him?) in a classless way, what has the guy done wrong? He is giving a class of third graders in Akron a chance at a good education and a good life by providing mentors for them throughout their school years. Is this something that a piece of crap does? Down the road, one or several of these kids may go to UofA and become President of the student body, Deans List student, doctors, lawyers, school teacher, police officers, etc.

I don't spend 10 seconds a day thinking about LeBron or the NBA (unless Sports Center is on) and I can't get up the energy to hate the guy. Get over it.

Zips vs. Bobcats...4:00....Go Zips!!!!!!!

Reasonably good start. JAR actually looks pretty good on ESPNU. Can we just let Brian Walsh just shoot threes whenever he has it? 57%? Incredible. He looks so smooth doing it.

Agreed. He's got a great stroke.

Zips look pretty good so far. Couple bad turnovers but both teams have come to play. This one will probably come down to the wire.

Reasonably good start. JAR actually looks pretty good on ESPNU. Can we just let Brian Walsh just shoot threes whenever he has it? 57%? Incredible. He looks so smooth doing it.

Agreed about the JAR. It looks way better than BGSU's arena. Not a bad showing from the team so far. They need to start putting up some points though. Ohio is struggling to score, but we're not taking advantage.