What Type of Zips Fan are You?

Dr Z

ZipsNation Makeup?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally from Cleveland, but graduated from UA in 2003 (Mass Media Communication). I moved out of state a month after graduating, but have found myself coming back "home" to Akron (Wadsworth) in 2009.

Converted my wife to a Zip as well. She's going to start classes at UA-Wayne later this year and hopefully transfers to main campus down the road. We're soon to be football season ticket holders since 2012, and trying to get some friends to join (thanks Terry Bowden). Would be basketball season ticket holders if not for too many conflicts in work schedules.

Member 1 is probably Admin I think.

Porky's Seven as I recall it now:

Captain

Dr. Z

ZFF

Zip Watcher

Z-P

Hilltopper

Z-Pouch or zipboy????

I feel like maybe this is close .. but not sure.

Met by Porky's at halftime during a DHip special one year to discuss the difficulties w/ Dreamwater.

Captain

Dr. Z

Z-Pouch

ZW

Z-P

Hilltopper

zipboy

I feel like maybe one of these is wrong .. but not sure.

Met by Porky's at halftime during a DHip special one year to discuss the difficulties w/ Dreamwater.

Ah...ZW and I were so young and ambitious in those early years...

jobs-apple-1.jpg

Captain

Dr. Z

Z-Pouch

ZW

Z-P

Hilltopper

zipboy

I feel like maybe one of these is wrong .. but not sure.

I am honored to be one of the "Porkys Seven". Man does that seem like a long time ago. :D

2004 B.S. in Accounting and my wife is a 2005 B.S. in Accounting. I worked myself through school, commuted, didn't have much free time and never went to a single bball, soccer or football game while I was attending here. After I graduated something just clicked and I really started following them.

I guess I could be considered an ex-athlete (although I selected Alum). I was on the golf team at Wayne College the first year they had to have it because of Title 9 (they had Womens volleyball and basketball and only men's basketball at the time). :lol:

I am an ex-athlete also. I participated in a coeducational bowling league for several years. :wave:

I went to School when there was no Ak-Rowdies, no facebook, no myspace, and Bulger Hall was still all guys... the good old day.... wait I graduated in 2001.... wow... I am old.

I graduated Buchtel the year John Heisman was coach......

I'm still waiting to see a good team

But in all seriousness I know it's been said a million times but it's crazy how much campus has changed. I remember my four years at UA there was never a day that went by when construction crews weren't on campus. I now live in PA and get choked up every time I come back to campus. Great place and great memories!

I graduated Buchtel the year John Heisman was coach......

I'm still waiting to see a good team

But in all seriousness I know it's been said a million times but it's crazy how much campus has changed. I remember my four years at UA there was never a day that went by when construction crews weren't on campus. I now live in PA and get choked up every time I come back to campus. Great place and great memories!

Yep. I remember when I started, Carroll and Union Streets went straight through campus. Then they were shut down, for the most part. Then the new student union was built (my senior year, IIR). Then the new indoor practice field/rec center opened a month after I graduated. I remember house-partying on Nash (current day 50-yard-line of the Info) and hooking up with chicks in the dorms that are in that same area (don't remember the names of them ... or the chicks). Good times at the "old" UA of 10 years ago, and I imagine it's even better now.