Friday Pregame

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Clevelander was dead when i stopped by around 4 but that was a bit early. Wilbert's was AMAZING. Thanks to everyone that came out, there were probably 40+ Zips fans there by 6:30.

Also, I talked to the owner and they will be opening their doors at 2pm tomorrow for Zips fans. 2 dollar domestic bottles, 2 dollar 18 oz Labatt Blue drafts, 3 dollar bombs, 4 dollar irish car bombs, 9.99 half slab of ribs with salad and fries, and more....ALL NIGHT.

It's only steps from the Clevelander and has owners that actually respect Zips fans. Stop by before the game, you won't be disappointed.

UAZipsMan and I had dinner at Cadillac Ranch. $2 domestics were nice but we had a couple of kinda overpriced appetizers. Thankfully they were tasty. There were a couple Zips fans there with us but overall it was very chill. Won't be pregaming tomorrow but I will be back next year!

Tasted the offerings at Greenhouse Taverne tonight. Awesome choices .. even if you can't savor the flesh on a Friday.

If Sawyer doesn't pull the Beard award this year, he will soon.

Might try it again soon. A good thing to try if you're looking for a Saturday spot. On 4th street near Lola and Wunderbar.

Go Zips.

The Clevelander sucked. I would have much rather gone to the Linking Wizard or whatever. Only positives were the location in relation to the Q and also some of the songs that was being played were from random bands that I think probably no one but me likes. That aside though, this is just not the type of place to host an event like this. When it finally picked up, it was too packed, you couldn't really move. There was hardly enough seating, I almost had to eat standing up just holding my plate until I finally had some people make room for me. There were no food deals, and the TWO drink deals were not that good. The upstairs was reserved for us at 5, which is pretty late in relation to when some people like to head to the Q, and there were only five small tables upstairs anyway. If you wanted food, you had to wait in a line like a fast food place while one poor man who needs to work on operating his computer faster took forever to take your order. Then you have to wait around for your order (to their credit, this really didn't take THAT long) and the food wasn't that great. I don't think they were ready for us, I don't know if they could have been ready for us. The analogy I made, which although wasn't perfect, one of my friends agreed with, was that it was kind of like having an event at Pint's that should have been at Barley.

Also one of the guys who worked there asked if Zippy was a moose.

The Clevelander sucked. I would have much rather gone to the Linking Wizard or whatever. Only positives were the location in relation to the Q and also some of the songs that was being played were from random bands that I think probably no one but me likes. That aside though, this is just not the type of place to host an event like this. When it finally picked up, it was too packed, you couldn't really move. There was hardly enough seating, I almost had to eat standing up just holding my plate until I finally had some people make room for me. There were no food deals, and the TWO drink deals were not that good. The upstairs was reserved for us at 5, which is pretty late in relation to when some people like to head to the Q, and there were only five small tables upstairs anyway. If you wanted food, you had to wait in a line like a fast food place while one poor man who needs to work on operating his computer faster took forever to take your order. Then you have to wait around for your order (to their credit, this really didn't take THAT long) and the food wasn't that great. I don't think they were ready for us, I don't know if they could have been ready for us. The analogy I made, which although wasn't perfect, one of my friends agreed with, was that it was kind of like having an event at Pint's that should have been at Barley.

Also one of the guys who worked there asked if Zippy was a moose.

Thanks Yaz for the recap. Ya know, there's sooo many options and it kinda sucks that the U dropped the ball this year. Glad to hear the Greenhouse Tavern mentioned- it's a bit price, but awesome. And that there was some good waitress action at Cadillac.

My comrades were late yesterday so there was no pregame for me, unless you want to count Arthur Treachers in Tower City food court. Today though, there is PLENTY of quality time for some pregame.

We're going to hit Wilberts for sure. Probably lounge around E. 4th St. too for a while. As always, I'll be rocking my Jason Taylor era b-ball jersey.

p.s. for those of you who want to save some extra money for beer, there is lots of free parking on streets surrounding Tower City. Any meter is good, just check signs to make sure it's not valet parking or taxi stand. FYI metered spots are free on weekends.

Try:

Superior Ave west of Tower City

Prospect east of E. 9th St.

W. 10th St. (Flats East Bank)

**W. Huron just south of Tower City (best spot!!)

Along Public Square on Frankfort Ave

W. 3rd North of Public Square

Ontario North of Public Square