What can ZIPNATION do?

roopride

I thought I would throw this out as I am sitting here reading all the stuff here and in the paper. What I like is the optimism (AND VERBAL SUPPORT) most seem to be putting out there. Classy coach and program. Hope that the team can and will pull together. Support of CB in a tough spot. The articel on Zeke. As fans we can walk with our heads down or do something to help. Anyone have some ideas?

Any ideas on how to get as many fans there as possible Friday? Team send off?

As mentioned in another thread, I also remain very positive on the direction the U of A is heading in all areas. Soccer, basketbal (now the womens), etc.....

Go ZIPS!!!!!!!!

I thought I would throw this out as I am sitting here reading all the stuff here and in the paper. What I like is the optimism (AND VERBAL SUPPORT) most seem to be putting out there. Classy coach and program. Hope that the team can and will pull together. Support of CB in a tough spot. The articel on Zeke. As fans we can walk with our heads down or do something to help. Anyone have some ideas?

Any ideas on how to get as many fans there as possible Friday? Team send off?

As mentioned in another thread, I also remain very positive on the direction the U of A is heading in all areas. Soccer, basketbal (now the womens), etc.....

Go ZIPS!!!!!!!!

The team leaves for Cleveland Thursday right after practice. That would be around noon from in front of the JAR.

Getting as many tickets sold for the Friday game just might be the best show of solidarity.

The best thing to do now is tweet the heck out of these guys. They still have the talent to win this thing...but self-doubt has crept into their minds for the first time all season. You could see it pretty clearly yesterday.

The best thing to do from now until tip is hit them up on Twitter. It may sound ridiculous, but I'm dead serious...most of them use it often.

@ZipsMBB - Official Team Twitter

@CoachDambrot - Dambrot

@RickMcFadden - McFadden

@ziggy_marsh - Zeke

@NickHarney - Harney

@Tall_ass_tree - Treadwell

@B_Walsh2 - Walsh

@reggiemcadams21 - McAdams

@KR3TZ3R15 - Kretzer

@AvAlA9che - Gilliam

@patf34 - Forsythe

@CarmeloBM - Betancourt

@d_ibitayo4 - Ibitayo

@bjustice_14 - Justice

@lukeavsec - Avsec

Tweet at them and show them your support. Hit them up all week with positivity. They all see it. If you don't have a Twitter account, start one for this purpose. We need to be the "6th man" all week, not just Friday/Saturday.

I think the students missed a huge opportunity last night.

This is exactly what should have happened in the last 1-2 minutes of the game.

It would have sent a clear message to the team that we still believed in them. Instead, everyone grabbed their coats and headed for the exits.

Sigh..never miss a chance to throw the students under the bus. What about all of the fans on the sides that left early?

I think the student sections did well last night. Watching the game on tv that building looked electric.

I remember the Hipster days when minutes before the game we could jog over to the Jar after eating at Robs and get AK-Rowdy floor seat tickets behind the hoop because nobody knew about them. Place was barely half filled when literally Porenza could do his walk around at halftime and shake everyones hand. We have definitely come a long way.

Sigh..never miss a chance to throw the students under the bus. What about all of the fans on the sides that left early?

How am I throwing them under the bus? They were fabulous last night. It would have just been nice to see a "Let's Go Zips" chant in that final minute instead of everyone silently grabbing their coats.