Mich vs VCU

bigzipguy

I respect people's opinion. After all it is just sports, though we enjoy sports very much. Whether rooting for or against VCU, them winning DOES NOT HELP OR HURT OUR PROGRAM. THAT'S JUST NOT HOW IT WORKS!!!

Maybe.

But people love to extrapolate. One of my "friends" on facebook posted, "VCU just got introduced to Big Ten basketball!"

He's not a Michigan fan. He's a Columbus fan.

Here's how Joe Akron is going to extrapolate:

Akron <<<<<<<<< VCU <<<< Michigan < Columbus = Akron <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Columbus.

:chair::tomato::puke:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Michigan team finished 5th in the Big Ten.
Are you saying the cupcakes that we beat this year didn't prepare us for the tournament, and Michigan was prepared because they played in a tough conference? Wasn't there a PD article about that very thing? :wall:

Props to the VCU fan that come on ZN and said they would lose to a team that could handle the ball.

Somewhere Zips Win! is tipping a cool one. :lol:

I thoroughly enjoyed watching that beat down. I lost all respect for VCU and Shaka Smart after watching them full court trap while up by 50 in the 2nd half against us. Don't give me this "that's just how we play" crap. It was classless. I absolutely hate Michigan, but I got an awful lot of satisfaction from watching VCU's players getting completely demoralized. That made my day.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching that beat down. I lost all respect for VCU and Shaka Smart after watching them full court trap while up by 50 in the 2nd half against us. Don't give me this "that's just how we play" crap. It was classless. I absolutely hate Michigan, but I got an awful lot of satisfaction from watching VCU's players getting completely demoralized. That made my day.

+1000

Since some of you guys are so bitter about it...

I have no problem with what happened. Great teams exploit matchups. Michigan is #1 in the country at keeping the ball. This was the worst matchup in the field for VCU.

Did they feel sorry for us? Nope. I don't want them to. They killed us and played like the great team they are. This is how you get better.

I assure you Coach Dambrot is not as butthurt as some of the posters on here.

Just be prepared for those who will say that Michigan would have beaten the Zips by 71 points.

I'm still amazed at the number of people I have seen and talked to in the last couple of days that did not pay attention to the circumstances, and just assume that Akron was really just a bad team that maybe didn't belong in the tournament.

Very frustrating. I hope it doesn't have any lingering effects on the program. But perception is often much more powerful than the truth.

Since some of you guys are so bitter about it...I have no problem with what happened. Great teams exploit matchups. Michigan is #1 in the country at keeping the ball. This was the worst matchup in the field for VCU. Did they feel sorry for us? Nope. I don't want them to. They killed us and played like the great team they are. This is how you get better. I assure you Coach Dambrot is not as butthurt as some of the posters on here.
Thanks for your input DB. Don't be a stranger. :wave:

Since some of you guys are so bitter about it...

I have no problem with what happened. Great teams exploit matchups. Michigan is #1 in the country at keeping the ball. This was the worst matchup in the field for VCU.

Did they feel sorry for us? Nope. I don't want them to. They killed us and played like the great team they are. This is how you get better.

I assure you Coach Dambrot is not as butthurt as some of the posters on here.

Michigan called off the dogs about half way through the 2nd half. You are right, great teams exploit matchups, however, they don't purposely humiliate their opponent. You can say whatever you want about being butthurt, your coach is a classless prick and I will be pissed off every time I hear Dambrot say something good about him. With friends like him, who needs enemies?

I used to pull for Smart and VCU up until I walked out of that arena Thursday night. Never again.

Districtballer,

Sports can easily cause fans(including myself) to say things they should not. I mean FANS OF ALL TEAMS. Smart is a great coach and VCU is a great team.

I am sure there is still great respect between KD and Smart.

They're still best friends. :lol:

I totally understand. I just think it's amusing that we just got blown out and I'm taking it much better than some folks here a couple of days after their team received a similar beatdown.

Different strokes for different folks. I'll still be wishing Akron the best, and those that hate VCU and Shaka can get in line. You're never going to please everyone.

I totally understand. I just think it's amusing that we just got blown out and I'm taking it much better than some folks here a couple of days after their team received a similar beatdown.

Different strokes for different folks. I'll still be wishing Akron the best, and those that hate VCU and Shaka can get in line. You're never going to please everyone.

That is absolutely laughable if you even try to equate todays game with Thursday.

That is absolutely laughable if you even try to equate todays game with Thursday.

I guess you didn't see how awful we are when have to play half court offense and get points in those sets when we can't get in transition. Michigan forced us to do that all game long because we couldn't turn them over.

If we packed it in and shut it down that is exactly what would have happened. It happened to us all of last year in the conference tournament and the NCAAs. There's a reason we go all out when we can, because we're no good when we're not aggressive. We recruit to play a certain way. If we can't play that way, we're very ineffective.

Today underlines that reality even more.

I watched every minute of the Mich VCU game and was cheering for Michigan.

No matter what anyone says, in my opinion, class coaches do not run up the score to their own end.

It back fired this time. I was cheering for 40 points difference.

Zips are the best in my mind.

DB - I have always enjoyed, respected and agreed with your posts here (as I do now).

Did everyone see that game today? Michigan would have beaten us by 71...

Michigan struggled with SDSU the other night and I believe that they were the most unathletic D1 team that I have ever seen. That VCU game was a fluke. They would never beat us that bad again if we played them 100 times.