Depth Chart

PB1719

The rest of the frosh (Kortokrax and all) should redshirt.

Compared to years past, even considering the luxury of redshirting a whole class of O-linemen is an amazing thought. Especially since there are some real studs in that class.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job.

I'm with JZ84 about MT-B. Coach is looking for a difference maker in that spot. From speaking with him, it "seems" (my interpretation) coach would like one of the freshman to fill it.

Nobody thinks Hirschman will start?

I guess most of us have assumed it would be Pohl because he's had a year under Bowden's system...and we haven't seen Hirschman play. I full heartedly believe that we will have a running between the two of them for starting QB. It's Pohl's to lose that's for sure.

Could this be the year Rossi steps into a larger role on defense? I've heard Amato was not happy with his lateral pursuit - something about not being able to turn his hips in order to move quickly towards the ball. This seems teachable. He is a big hitter and would look good in the middle if he gets angry and learns a few tricks of the trade.

Could this be the year Rossi steps into a larger role on defense? I've heard Amato was not happy with his lateral pursuit - something about not being able to turn his hips in order to move quickly towards the ball. This seems teachable. He is a big hitter and would look good in the middle if he gets angry and learns a few tricks of the trade.

I disagree. Those traits are typically not teachable. Those are pure athletic traits that you either have or you don't.

I disagree. Those traits are typically not teachable. Those are pure athletic traits that you either have or you don't.

You may never want to take up golf. You may be right, however, but I tend to hink that most aspects of any sport are teachable. He's paid his dues, I hope he takes the starting job.

Agreed. You can only improve your agility like that to an extent; and I dont see Rossi as having much room to improve.

Golf is not a good example to refute this, as most of that game is based on form, not athletic ability.

Agreed. You can only improve your agility like that to an extent; and I dont see Rossi as having much room to improve.

Golf is not a good example to refute this, as most of that game is based on form, not athletic ability.

Being able to purse at an angle that your coaches desire is a technique, not a athletic ability like running fast. Maybe the lateral pursuit wording is throwing people off as this sounds like he is slow. Remember he was a 3* all state big 33 linebacker. He got sidetracked with Ianello, but if he responds to the coaching by one of the best linebacker coaches in college football, he may shine again at this position. Lets hope so.

Being able to purse at an angle that your coaches desire is a technique, not a athletic ability like running fast. Maybe the lateral pursuit wording is throwing people off as this sounds like he is slow. Remember he was a 3* all state big 33 linebacker. He got sidetracked with Ianello, but if he responds to the coaching by one of the best linebacker coaches in college football, he may shine again at this position. Lets hope so.

Hmm, the "turning hips faster" part of the initial post is what is making me talk agility. But, I do agree, pursuit angles are definitely teachable, and are something that is taught at least clear back to middle school.

Regardless, I wish him the best, obviously. We seem to have a lot of depth at LB. Hopefully somebody can step up and be "aplha" of the second line of defense.

I think if McCray is healthy you can see him, Grice, and Nico on the line at the same time on running down and distance. Nico could slide over to end. It should be interesting to finally see a defensive rotation (something Akron hasn't seen in 5 years). It should be really interesting to see how the O line shakes out. Lots of question marks there.

• 2 weeks later...
Is that who the the 1 Jersey is after?
The number one jersey is not "after" any player. It's the only jersey UA sells in the team shop. Generic. You will see many of them in the stands if you go to the game. Bowden has said that the number one jersey is reserved for a "special" player. I'm surprised to see a freshman "awarded" the number. Maybe we will all find out why come this fall.

I follow him on Twitter also. He talks alot is right. Let's see if it translates onto the field. Kid was tweetin about playin in the NFL the other day. He hasn't caught a college pass yet. I'm not sure what all of the hype is about. The kid caught like 40 passes in his high school career. Am I missing something? If he's that great shouldnt his numbers be higher? I hope he's as good as he thinks he is

I follow him on Twitter also. He talks alot is right. Let's see if it translates onto the field. Kid was tweetin about playin in the NFL the other day. He hasn't caught a college pass yet. I'm not sure what all of the hype is about. The kid caught like 40 passes in his high school career. Am I missing something? If he's that great shouldnt his numbers be higher? I hope he's as good as he thinks he is

40 catches may not sound like a lot, but I heard that he was in a farming accident and lost an arm to a combine. So every catch he makes is fairly spectacular.

I guess I remember DB1 a little differently...

Dont get me wrong, I liked DB1 He did have some good catches and i see the Can't grab is first on the montage, but I remember he had a ton of drops as well. Enough that a casual fan friend that I took one time mentioned it and it stuck with me the rest of his short career.

Well now when you factor in the farming accident, 40 catches is spectacular. Now I can see why he's so proud of himself. Look at what he's overcome.

As a side note, I can't remember the last time I saw a one armed WR in the NFL.

Brian Robiskie

You mean the same Bowser that couldn't catch a cold? Although he did have a big catch in a Can't win on the road if I recall!?!

Obviously you were watching another DB. If you commented 'too early' thats understandable. I was at that game. Whatever else DB did or didn't do,that was one of the best catches in Akron FB history. Please go watch some more games.