Seismic Shock Recorded at JAR

Dave in Green

A seismic shock was recorded on earthquake monitoring devices this morning with an epicenter at the JAR. Further investigation revealed that Big Dog brought down a backboard on a vicious two-handed jam. Fortunately, the glass didn't break. Big Dog overrode the hydraulic system holding the backboard up and it came down as he did. They were able to raise it back up and reset the hydraulics, and the Zips were able to continue after a short break during which much laughter was heard coming from the JAR. Scientists have not yet released an estimated Richter Scale reading.

DiG, great report. Was a sight to see as the entire backboard and support members compressed into the folded for

storage position. Apparently some one failed to install a locking pin when the backboard was extended. Strangely, numerous

players had performed powerful two handed slams prior to Big Dog throwing down a monster two handed flush.

da Dog is da real deal.

Just saw the video on youtube. Looked like a very average dunk and the hoop closed up.

Nothing about it screamed "earthquake dunk." Must have been more exciting in person.

Link...????

I searched YouTube and did NOT find a video of the dunk. It would almost have to come from the video camera

run during practice. I will ask and see if there is a video clip. I was at midcourt about 25' from the dunk. Did not

look so average to me.

It was a fun to watch.

I watched the video earlier this morning, and had a similar reaction to others. If Tree had slammed it down, a "ho hum" reaction could be expected, but this is a freshman! We are just starting preseason practice. What are we going to see come March? Can you imagine an opponent stepping up to take a charge? The after shock has been felt in Iowa!

I watched the video earlier this morning, and had a similar reaction to others. If Tree had slammed it down, a "ho hum" reaction could be expected, but this is a freshman! We are just starting preseason practice. What are we going to see come March? Can you imagine an opponent stepping up to take a charge? The after shock has been felt in Iowa!

Based on the hype, I too found the video to be disappointing. What I was impressed with was the athleticism from someone that big.