Just throwing this out there...

LZIp

Looking ahead to our #MACtion game, I am a bit disappointed that it is the day after Thanksgiving. No students will be here, and overall attendance will probably be horrible considering it is a holiday weekend.

However, I see an opportunity in that it is "Black Friday"..Seems like the perfect time to unveil "blackout uniforms" on national TV very similar to the Zips men's basketball team. Let's get it done.

Looking ahead to our #MACtion game, I am a bit disappointed that it is the day after Thanksgiving. No students will be here, and overall attendance will probably be horrible considering it is a holiday weekend.

However, I see an opportunity in that it is "Black Friday"..Seems like the perfect time to unveil "blackout uniforms" on national TV very similar to the Zips men's basketball team. Let's get it done.

I disagree completely. Almost every team in America is playing that weekend. A Friday game is perfect as almost everyone is not working and sitting around the house doing nothing, with the exception of the lunatics who have not discovered the internet yet and go out to shop. Our attendance is going to be far more impacted by a four win season going into the game than anything else.

I disagree completely. Almost every team in America is playing that weekend. A Friday game is perfect as almost everyone is not working and sitting around the house doing nothing, with the exception of the lunatics who have not discovered the internet yet and go out to shop. Our attendance is going to be far more impacted by a four win season going into the game than anything else.

Not necessarily true that almost everybody is not working, at least when it comes to alumni. Expect two regrettably empty seats in section 108 from me.

Black uniforms don't work for Akron. Our colors are blue and gold.

I get that black is technically a neutral color, but it's so overused in sports and doesn't look good at all on the Zips.

• 2 weeks later...

For 45 years Toledo would not play Akron. Then in 1992 they came here and I saw one of the great Zips games of all time. Toledo had a few pro-prospects on their team and were favored to win. But the Zips played tough and with no time left on the clock Darren Alcorn booted a 56 yard field goal to win the game. The fans that were there stormed the field. Let's do it again.

Ahhh,1992,long,long time ago. The 'unbridaled' optimism is just that. But, it sure would be nice for those of us who have gone to all the home games and some of the away games to finally see an over and above effort by this team,THIS YEAR.

The "thud" that was echoed when "Mr Irrelevant" hit that 56 yarder still resonates in my brain. It made for a disappointing Akron homecoming for Kenmore's Gary Pinkel, that's for sure.

As far as over and above effort, I think I'd rather see over and above execution. The effort, aside from OU perhaps, has been pretty good all year.

For 45 years Toledo would not play Akron. Then in 1992 they came here and I saw one of the great Zips games of all time. Toledo had a few pro-prospects on their team and were favored to win. But the Zips played tough and with no time left on the clock Darren Alcorn booted a 56 yard field goal to win the game. The fans that were there stormed the field. Let's do it again.

That field goal is my first real memory of Akron football! I was 13 years old! That was so awesome!