Game #4 Pittsburgh Panthers

Dr Z

I didn't watch the game last night, but looking at the box score, I see Voytik had more rushing attempts than passing attempts. That's a better job by the offensive coordinator from my evaluation of that team. Get Boyd the ball and limit Conner on obvious running downs. I'm assuming they didn't go run, run, pass (vanilla game plan) like they did against the Zips.

Edit: I had to look up Pitt OC because I just read a small blurb about his brilliant play calling last night. Joe Rudolph.

"Rudolph spent three years at Ohio State (2004-06) serving as an offensive graduate assistant"

I'll bet a nickel the game plan against Akron next year is dramatically different than this year. If I could buy a ticket to that game now, I would.

They installed a lot of read-option over their bye week. I'd say 70% of his carries were read-option with Connor in the backfield. It was a nice game plan. Should have mixed in maybe one look to another WR but definitely a better game plan than against us. Not that I'm complaining.

• 1 month later...

New coach is going to have to bring his team to Infocision early September to play a hungry Zips team. Tough job. ;)

Will the highest paid assistant in the MAC shut them down again?

1. Chuck Amato, Akron – $199,000
2. Tom Masella, Massachusetts – $194,000
3. Jon Heacock, Toledo – $175,000
4. Jay Niemann, Northern Illinois – $168,000
5. Kevin Kelly, Ball State – $145,000
Not worth starting a new thread, but interesting information. SOURCE

New coach is going to have to bring his team to Infocision early September to play a hungry Zips team. Tough job. ;)

Will the highest paid assistant in the MAC shut them down again?

1. Chuck Amato, Akron – $199,000
2. Tom Masella, Massachusetts – $194,000
3. Jon Heacock, Toledo – $175,000
4. Jay Niemann, Northern Illinois – $168,000
5. Kevin Kelly, Ball State – $145,000
Not worth starting a new thread, but interesting information. SOURCE

Just imagine if we could hold a program like Pitt to 7 points.....twice....WOW.

I have to wonder who the "hungry" team will be. The team who scored the upset the year before? Or, the higher profile program who got embarrassed at home?

I can only hope that they don't pay us back mightily for a loss at their place, like Syracuse did a few years ago.

Just imagine if we could hold a program like Pitt to 7 points.....twice....WOW.

I have to wonder who the "hungry" team will be. The team who scored the upset the year before? Or, the higher profile program who got embarrassed at home?

I can only hope that they don't pay us back mightily for a loss at their place, like Syracuse did a few years ago.

I'd be happy with doing it once.

Thanks for sharing again, Dr. Z. You're on a roll today. FWIW- I think Chryst isn't the best hire Wisconsin could/should make.

• 2 weeks later...