2015 Team and Recruiting

Anyone know how our recruiting class shaped up? Geez, our soccer team seems to have dropped off the map.

I think for the past few years we don't announce the class on signing day. Not sure if it has to deal with still finalizing what international recruits are coming in or what.

On another topic, did anyone else get something in the mail that the soccer team is doing their once every 4 years international trip to Brazil this summer? I'm glad Victor will be able to show the guys his home country.

I think for the past few years we don't announce the class on signing day. Not sure if it has to deal with still finalizing what international recruits are coming in or what.

On another topic, did anyone else get something in the mail that the soccer team is doing their once every 4 years international trip to Brazil this summer? I'm glad Victor will be able to show the guys his home country.

That is a great trip for the guys and Victor in particular……good recruiting tool ;-) You put me at ease on the recruiting….looking forward to seeing our new recruits.

• 3 months later...

if you go to akron u. soccer twitter, there is a tweet about brad ruhaak scoring a goal. says that the zips are heading to brazil next week.

I was told shortly after the fall schedule came out, that they were very close to having the brazil trip funded. This will be a great experience for this hard working group of student athletes.

tweet says:

The pride of Akron Zips Brad Ruhaak rips a 30 yard bomb for his first goal as a Buck. Heading to Brazil with the Zips next week. Come home!

if you go to akron u. soccer twitter, there is a tweet about brad ruhaak scoring a goal. says that the zips are heading to brazil next week.

I was told shortly after the fall schedule came out, that they were very close to having the brazil trip funded. This will be a great experience for this hard working group of student athletes.

tweet says:

The pride of Akron Zips Brad Ruhaak rips a 30 yard bomb for his first goal as a Buck. Heading to Brazil with the Zips next week. Come home!

Thanks

Michigan Bucks (PDL) 3, Detroit City FC (NPSL) 0 In one of the most anticipated matches of the First Round, perennial U.S. Open Cup power Michigan Bucks grabbed two early goals from Nick Wysong and Peri Marosevic in the seventh and ninth minutes respectively. Threatening throughout the first half, the Bucks found a third goal on the hour mark with Brad Ruhaak’s long distance strike and easily handled their NPSL neighbors in the second half to earn a 3-0 victory. Next up for the Bucks is a Second Round date with Portland Timbers 2, set for May 20 at Ultimate Soccer Arenas in Pontiac, Michigan.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Interesting that the 2 foreign recruits are both mid-fielders.

I would say that midfielders were already Akron's strength with Richie, Victor and Adam manning the midfield

Looking forward to watching this young, but experienced team

Interesting that the 2 foreign recruits are both mid-fielders.

I would say that midfielders were already Akron's strength with Richie, Victor and Adam manning the midfield

Looking forward to watching this young, but experienced team

Zips Mens Soccer has a tendancy to change players' positions. Don't be surprised if someone listed as defender or mid fielder doesn't end up playing a different position in the formation.

Says the guy from Portugal is a graduate student. Wonder how many years of eligibility he has.

Does it really matter? Perry Kitchen came in as a freshman and only played 1 season. Wil Trapp and DeAndre Yedlin were both freshman and only played 2 seasons. And so on with others. My hope is that Goncalo Soares provides an immediate strong contribution.

• Like 1

http://www.ohio.com/sports/high-school/high-school-report-five-copley-boys-soccer-players-commit-to-colleges-1.609222

Harter finished his senior year with 19 goals and 18 assists, and is ready to attend UA.

“It is awesome because I don’t have to relocate at all,” Harter said. “I have all of my friends here, and I will make new ones. I will not need to pick a new church. I can continue to go to my church, which is really important to me.

“It is pretty cool to have the best Division I program in the country just 15 minutes away. I am super excited to get started. Akron gets great players from all over, and the program produces so many great players. I want to continue to challenge myself and get to that next level and see how good of a soccer player I can be.”

• Like 1

Alright you Slackers! Who has something on Pau Belana and Goncalo Soares? Anything?

something from an org called andgosports

Happy to announce our most recent #AGSSuccess Pau Belana former Barcelona Youth Academy player will be joining the Akron Zips on a full athletic scholarship. Congrats Pau it was great working with you!

11245894_930392617025789_23937544_n.jpg