Thank You to Zips Fans

ZIPSMOM2

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for all the support you gave to the team and the coaches!!! I wish I was able to attend the game but that week we were finalizing the move back in our home (we had a house fire back in Oct 2014) But we watch all the games and I follow all the Blogs and news that was out there regarding the Men's Zips Basketball.

As a parent and fan I was so PROUD what this team was able to accomplish through all the adversity they went through. After the game I told Kwan hold your head high because you were able to prove to yourself and everyone out there you guys could do it. No one ever thought you guys would even get this far alone getting to win 21. I just let him know that what you went through this year will prepare for next season. I'm looking forward to the next season because this team will go further than you could ever could dream of. This team actually has a brotherhood that you don't see too often in a basketball organization. I love it and I'm a PROUD mom and fan - Thanks again to all the fans I met over this season we look forward to meeting more of you guys in the next two years. See you next season - GO ZIPS #2 ZIPSMOM

• Like 6

This team actually has a brotherhood that you don't see too often in a basketball organization. I love it and I'm a PROUD mom and fan

Great to hear. Thanks for taking the time to post. I enjoy reading your unique perspective. Good luck to KC2 in the offseason.

This team actually has a brotherhood that you don't see too often in a basketball organization.

That's really nice to hear about this team. With how we all get so caught up with what we can see on the court, it's not so obvious what it's all about behind the scenes, and it's good to know that things are positive and supportive. We all know how much pressure can occur in this world in the realm of results and measure, but what could be more important than growth and experience?

I was listening to Joe Dunn's talk show prior the day of the Can't game and he had French on to talk about Akron's win. French and Dunn both agreed this team is closer than any team they had seen before and they thought that was why they were able to deal with so much diversity.

I also thought French was funny when he said "I know people think we're homers on the radio but if you really want to hear a homer flip over to the Can't broadcast tonight and listen to them."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the late reply, but I wanted to thank ZIPSMOM2 for participating on our board.

It isn't easy being a parent and participating on any fan board. There's only been a handful in the 15-or-so years we've run ZipsNation. It takes a special person to appreciate the fan's passion, and take the board for what it is...a place where the good, the bad and the ugly is all discussed without any filters. It's all just sports-talk.

Kwan made some huge strides this season. I look forward to seeing a whole new, elevated level of play from him is 2015-16. Gotta get that 3-point percentage to at least the mid-30's if you're going to hoist up 9 in a game. He can do it.

And when a K.e.n.t. player drives the lane...knock'em into the third row.

• Like 1