Game 1—Oklahoma

I dont see it. Bob Stoops' teams always are let downs (from my point of view). I dont see anybody scoring 42 vs our defense this season.

Until they prove it to me, I am not convined that our offense can move the ball consistantly. If we can't sustain a running game against them, our defense will be on the field all day long. In that scenario, only giving up 42 would be a blessing. Besides, Perine is an absolute monster.

Until they prove it to me, I am not convined that our offense can move the ball consistantly. If we can't sustain a running game against them, our defense will be on the field all day long. In that scenario, only giving up 42 would be a blessing. Besides, Perine is an absolute monster.

Valid point. If the defense is able to create scoring opportunities for us early through or turnovers or field position battles, it could make a big difference and give the offense a chance to get stuff going. I will be interested to see the manner at which the offense responds early. Will their be leadership?

Lay off the drugs before it's too late.

I can see this, but the Zips have to keep the Defence off the field for extended periods of time.

Oklahoma can be beat.

Lay off the drugs before it's too late.

The Sooners IMO are overrated. Just as the Wolverines were overrated when we play them. The Zips can make this a game, and it depends souly on our defense. The Zips have played well in our $$$ games, and our defense has improved since we took Michigan to the wire two years ago, and caused major problems for future NFL QB Hackenberg.

The Sooners' offense has been rather sloppy in practice lately as well. perhaps the stars are aligning for the Zips.

I think that the Michigan and Pitt games the last couple of years, along with the previous Syracuse and NC State games, give some people hope that big things can happen every time we're faced with these opportunities.

I like the idea that we'll play a high ranked team, whether it's justified or not. It ensures that we'll be on the score updates all day long. And football fans across American will pay attention if we can stay in this game for awhile.

Any thoughts of a monumental upset, or a close game, would be an unbelievable bonus.

My only concern with an Oklahoma win would be that it would be terribly difficult not to have a let down against Pitt. I would prefer a close loss to Oklahoma and a win over Pitt than a win over Oklahoma And a loss to Pitt. I realize this probably defies logic as OK is ranked #20 and Pitt us, well,... Pitt, but it is just a personal preference. Of course winning both would be downright incredible.

My only concern with an Oklahoma win would be that it would be terribly difficult not to have a let down against Pitt. I would prefer a close loss to Oklahoma and a win over Pitt than a win over Oklahoma And a loss to Pitt. I realize this probably defies logic as OK is ranked #20 and Pitt us, well,... Pitt, but it is just a personal preference. Of course winning both would be downright incredible.

I like both of those options, honestly. If Akron can split the first two in any way, that is huge. As far as Oklahoma goes, Bowden's Zips have played every P5 team pretty well. They've played really close with Tennessee, Michigan, Penn State, and beat Pittsburgh all on the road. I don't necessarily expect a win in Norman, but one can always hope!

• Like 1

I'll take the win with the greatest impact. And that would undoubtedly be Oklahoma. I don't know why anyone would see that any differently.

I also continue to feel differently than some of you who lump the Penn State game in with others in which we played "really close". That's a stretch for me. We may have played close early, just like we did a Tennessee. But, the performances against Michigan and Pitt are truly in an entirely different category than Penn State.

James Conner is an absolute monster as well, but Conor Hundley out rushed him in our game last season. Pitt also has a 1st round pick at WR that we had to worry about.

Hey Guys....I don't know if this has been discussed at all yet....

I was browsing around a bit on Oklahoma's site, and I started following the links for the Oklahoma Pay-Per-View instructions for the Akron game, and I get to a place where you can purchase it for $54.99 ??????

Wow.

Sounds like a bar sort of package? I wonder if anyone will have it, so I can go watch it in the corner of a bar somewhere with all of their barmaids walking around in Suckeyes attire.

Hey Guys....I don't know if this has been discussed at all yet....

I was browsing around a bit on Oklahoma's site, and I started following the links for the Oklahoma Pay-Per-View instructions for the Akron game, and I get to a place where you can purchase it for $54.99 ??????

Wow.

Sounds like a bar sort of package? I wonder if anyone will have it, so I can go watch it in the corner of a bar somewhere with all of their barmaids walking around in Suckeyes attire.

Good grief, that's ridiculous. It might have to be the radio for me.

Good grief, that's ridiculous. It might have to be the radio for me.

Good news is the Suckeyes open on Labor Day. Bad news is I still have no clue whom, if anyone locally, will have the game on. I've tweeted and facebooked the Zips Football account a few times with no response. These are the things that frustrate me. We're about two weeks from the game and zero peeps from UA how we can see our team.