Game 1—Oklahoma

So I guess the U couldn't find an "official" bar willing to shell out and show the game? I've tried multiple times to get answers from athletics and no one will even reply. The "video" link on the schedule page goes to the sooner sports ppv. There's no preview listed. We're 5 days from kickoff and there's nothing. These are the frustrating things that need to change.

P.S. I think its a ridiculous joke that the game is ppv anyways.

I am not yet sold on the Sooner offense. Better find a qb. A revamped o line will probably show some growing pains. Last year the receiving corp was a one trick pony, Sheppard). I actually think they will much improved if they can find a qb. With Perine and Mixon the running backs are going to deal some punishment to you d line.

New o coord Licoln Riley (East Carolina) will bring changes.

Defense should be much improved.

If Mayfield is solid it will be a long day for the Zips. Qb play similar to last year and you can make a good showing. Win the turnoved battle and it could be real interesting.

Good luck.

Any of ya coming down for the game?

I expect the Sooners will come out running to test the Zips front, it will be interesting early to see if the Zips can contain it. We struggle with the "back 7" executing pass defense assignments consistently so I do think OU will move the ball and score points regardless. We will need some first downs, ball control and a few breaks to hang with them until late. 34-23 Sooners.

I am not yet sold on the Sooner offense. Better find a qb. A revamped o line will probably show some growing pains. Last year the receiving corp was a one trick pony, Sheppard). I actually think they will much improved if they can find a qb. With Perine and Mixon the running backs are going to deal some punishment to you d line.

New o coord Licoln Riley (East Carolina) will bring changes.

Defense should be much improved.

If Mayfield is solid it will be a long day for the Zips. Qb play similar to last year and you can make a good showing. Win the turnoved battle and it could be real interesting.

Good luck.

Any of ya coming down for the game?

I will be making the journey. Any recomendations on where to tailgate?

i did get quite the chuckle from reading the thread discussing the line. Maybe they should do some research on our defensive personnel this year before they make such silly predictions. It reminds me a lot of the Pitt, penn state and Michigan boards. All three of them were quite surprised with the talent and speed of our defense. I think you guys will be as well.

http://newsok.com/article/5443443

"Akron's not going to put up a fight against Oklahoma"

I will be making the journey. Any recomenothernquestioe to tailgate?

If you are staying in okc I would go south on I35 to Highway 9 (will be the last exit into Norman). Go east on highway 9 to Jenkins (3 orm4 miles). Turn north on Jenkins (intersection will have Lloyd Nobel arena on the west side of Jenkins anf the National Weather Service main building on the east side. Head north a mile or two and you will see lots of available parking in yards, churches or city parks. $10 or so to park. Mucho tailgating all the way to the stadium.

Constrution going on around the stadium so avoid coming down Main to miss massive traffic problems. Avoid is the wrong word, traffic is a disaster any way you come in. Arrive at least two hours before kickoff and you shoukd be good.

Don't be shy and you will have a great time and get free food and beer.

Any other questions just post em and I will do my best to give you an answer.

• Like 2

South side of the stadium is mostly in construction. Tailgating just across the street from the construction zone. East side has the bronze stats of the OU Heisman winners. North side will be set up with a fan fest thst is mostly kid related. There will be a huge screen kr two showing kther games. Food and drink for sale in this area. Like I said, don't be shy, wear your colors, and stop and talk to the folks at the tailgates. You will find free beer and bbq at your fingertips.

If you are staying in okc be sure pay a visit to Bricktown in downtown okc. Lot's of bars and great food. Go to this link to get the scoop on food. Easy sign in if you have specific questions. http://www.landthieves.com/board/forumdisplay.php?49-Make-Me-a-Sammich

If Akron can stay close early, this will be a game as we gain confidence and they lose it. If OU jumps out to a 14-0 1st quarter lead with an Akron offense that is struggling we are in big trouble. Akron's offense must reach the end zone early to give the defense hope that this thing is winnable, which could enable turnovers on jumped routes and big hits. I'm thinking a 28-6 win by the Sooners, but I cannot rule out a 'shock the world' type effort as Bowden's teams have been known to play well in these situations and because the Zips have their best team in years (maybe of all time).

I expect the Sooners will come out running to test the Zips front, it will be interesting early to see if the Zips can contain it. We struggle with the "back 7" executing pass defense assignments consistently so I do think OU will move the ball and score points regardless. We will need some first downs, ball control and a few breaks to hang with them until late. 34-23 Sooners.

Sooners are replacing 3 o linemen. The probable replacements played significant time last year but they will need time to jell. Should be a good matchup.

Qb is a concern. Knignt, last years qb was inconsistent at best. There were times it looked like I was the qb. Hell, he missed the endzone on a hail mary to beat TCU. Mayfield, a walk on won the job. He started at Texas Tech two years ago as a walk on. (Yep, walked on to two schools and won the start at each). He had to sit last year due to transfer rules even though he wasn't on scholly at Tech. He is a really confident cuss and tends to force some throws.

Defense lost some interior depth but should be better than last year. Last year they only had one kid that could press cover (sanchez) and teams took advantage of the weakness and toasted the defense later in the year. Some coaching changes and another year under their belt should be a huge benefit.

If Mayfield has a solid day it will most likely be a 30 point win. If he looks like me throwing the ball it will be much closer though the run game should be enough for a Sooner win. You should see a lot of Perine and Mixon who might be better than Perine.

Watch out for Westbrook on quick passes. He is a CC transfer and could put up some monster numbers. Something like 6' 170 lbs. He can scoot and move.

He is a really confident cuss and tends to force some throws.

Last year they only had one kid that could press cover (sanchez) and teams took advantage of the weakness and toasted the defense later in the year.

Thanks for the review. If your QB has turnover issues, our defense should expose that. That will be something we will have to do to compete. Don't worry about your defenses coverage skills, but they better be ready to tackle...a lot.

PS If Westbrook catches a quick pass, near #1, he better get down quick.

• Like 1

South side of the stadium is mostly in construction. Tailgating just across the street from the construction zone. East side has the bronze stats of the OU Heisman winners. North side will be set up with a fan fest thst is mostly kid related. There will be a huge screen kr two showing kther games. Food and drink for sale in this area. Like I said, don't be shy, wear your colors, and stop and talk to the folks at the tailgates. You will find free beer and bbq at your fingertips.

If you are staying in okc be sure pay a visit to Bricktown in downtown okc. Lot's of bars and great food. Go to this link to get the scoop on food. Easy sign in if you have specific questions. http://www.landthieves.com/board/forumdisplay.php?49-Make-Me-a-Sammich

Thanks for all the info.... I am actually staying in Bricktown, so bar hopping is definitely on the agenda.

If anybody has Fire TV (or other android) and is proficient with sideloading apks, I'm guessing Live Stream Player will have the game.

OK_depth.png

All starting WRs listed at 210 lb or above...lots of blocking power?!?

Zipsoutsider posted this above, but missed a dash between "mac" and "sports". It's fixed now, but here is the direct link too... TB Interview on the game.