MAC Football Media Day this Wednesday

Dr Z

Now talk about getting off topic. You guys are a riot…...

1. Depth Chart is posted
  2. There are depth chart surprises (which turns in to)
  3. We are changing the offense (which turns in to)
  4. We are running the flex bone (which turns in to)
  5. The staff must be really high on Travon Chapman because they are designing an offense around him (which turns in to)
  6. Us having a great advantage going in to the season because there are no game films for anyone to study

All from the depth chart being posted. Have fun studying the flex bone guys :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now talk about getting off topic. You guys are a riot…...

1. Depth Chart is posted
  2. There are depth chart surprises (which turns in to)
  3. We are changing the offense (which turns in to)
  4. We are running the flex bone (which turns in to)
  5. The staff must be really high on Travon Chapman because they are designing an offense around him (which turns in to)
  6. Us having a great advantage going in to the season because there are no game films for anyone to study

All from the depth chart being posted. Have fun studying the flex bone guys :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don't know if they are running the fleck bone, the triple option, or any other O, but it will be different than what they did last year, so, my point is still valid.

And you know all of this because of the depth chart surprises :rofl::rofl::rofl:

This discussion is nothing new. You can bet your ass the offense will be different. Even if it was, I don't see a reason to be a jerk about it. There are people who are somewhat connected believe it or not.

I would say that's an emphatic affirmative. As suspected, this is shaping up to be a run-oriented attack - perhaps the 1st here since Gerry's "Pass-n-Pitch" version of the flex-bone.

Thanks Johnny for the Pass-n-Pitch reference. It brought back memories of Gerry spitting into the radio microphone while pronouncing the repetition of the 'P' in Pass and Pitch (alliteration to justify the new smart strategy?) in an interview with Whitey Wahl.

Didn't seem like anyone knew what their assignment was with the Pass and Pitch or Flex Bone (Ball of Confusion should have been playing at practice). It seemed like we just got boned trying to use it.

TB interview on with Baskin & Phelps.

TB is the BOMB!! Dag Gummit Akron….get on board!! The cards have been dealt….the daggum stadium has been built…the campus is beautiful….the facilities are in place to get top recruits….the football team needs support to become an asset/beacon….something to rally around. It's time to pay the tab for everything that has been built and our football program's success or failure is going to dictate THE University of Akron's (Ohio Tech's) future. The investments will wind up being an avalanche that destroys or a snowball that grows in to something better than we have ever seen.

• Like 1

G. Thomas article about MTB being out for the season due to hand surgery. Maybe this is why he had trouble catching the ball in 2014.

Here is the article you refer to...."Quick hits, receiver Mykel Traylor-Bennett will likely miss the season after having hand surgery, Bowden said.

Something must of recently happened. He seemed fine for the spring game in April. I would like to know more.

Another interesting quote from the same article:

… Known for bringing in transfers during the fall camp, Bowden said there was nothing on the horizon for his team."

PS I love Cody Grice. (see Keener's video above) He seems like he has a good time with his life. He seems proud to have grown up in the city and play for his city. With his talent and attitude, I would market that.

TB interview on with Baskin & Phelps.

Good listen.

As far as MTB goes. . .

He has caught 29 passes for 368 yards in his first two seasons. His status is the least of my concerns.

I am with you, Dr Z. Cody Grice is great. What a character.

Also, for being such a beast on the field, JB1 sure seems reserved off the field.