Three For Thursday [EMU Questions]

Dr Z

EMU vs UA  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Zips really ought to win this one. Hopefully Woodson isn't passing much, as the Zips should take advantage of the EMU porous run defense.

Our own defense should be strong and ready to go. If they only gave up two scores against Ohio, I think limited EMU to one score is reasonable.

1. We'll (hopefully) win. :rock:

2. I hope we run it down their throats with Tommy and Conor/Donnell and complete 11-16 play action passes thanks to setting up the run.

3. If the Zips can stop running backs Darius Jackson and Eddie Daugherty, there's no way they get more than one touchdown.

• Like 1

Now I predicted a 31-21 victory, but I have to admit I am a little surprised that NOBODY, out of 28 so far, has picked EMU to win. I think they have better than a zero percent chance of winning. I also think they have better than a 3.6% chance of winning (1 of 28), or even a 7.1% chance in winning (2 of 28). I'd put EMU's chance of winning at about 15%.

Who remembers the Brookhart team that went up to Ypsi and was very fortunate to come away with the W after a blocked FG was recovered by an alert Zip punter/holder (Andy Hildreth) and converted into a 1st down that lead to a game winning TD?

Now I predicted a 31-21 victory, but I have to admit I am a little surprised that NOBODY, out of 28 so far, has picked EMU to win. I think they have better than a zero percent chance of winning. I also think they have better than a 3.6% chance of winning (1 of 28), or even a 7.1% chance in winning (2 of 28). I'd put EMU's chance of winning at about 15%.

Who remembers the Brookhart team that went up to Ypsi and was very fortunate to come away with the W after a blocked FG was recovered by an alert Zip punter/holder (Andy Hildreth) and converted into a 1st down that lead to a game winning TD?

I remember Frenchy's radio call. Legendary.

I think EMU is a dangerous game for us. They are vastly improved and can score. I don't think it is a trap game for us, though, with a 2-3 record. I think the Zips will go out ready to play and win a game that we are supposed to win. I picked us 34-10, but I am aware that if we are not as successful running the ball as we should/need to be, it will be a close game.

I picked UA to win but think it will be a high scoring game. Also, I love the idea that everybody loves Steve French but I actually hate his announcing. He's way too up and down with the results on the field and actually becomes sullen-sounding when the Zips are getting creamed. That, for me, adds to the bummer on the field and amplifies the anguish. I prefer old-man baritone type announcing by far.

Go Zips.

As long as the Defense stops them...a lot more 3 and outs, and Zips improve their 3rd down conversions, they will be able to control the game and in the position of winning. But, they have to score at least 3 TD's, or 2 TD's and a couple FG's to win comfortably.

Message from #13 of the past, to #13 of today...relax and keep those DB's "third" guessing.

Go Zips!!

• Like 2

I picked UA to win but think it will be a high scoring game. Also, I love the idea that everybody loves Steve French but I actually hate his announcing. He's way too up and down with the results on the field and actually becomes sullen-sounding when the Zips are getting creamed. That, for me, adds to the bummer on the field and amplifies the anguish. I prefer old-man baritone type announcing by far.

Go Zips.

There's no doubt that, while his memorable calls during Zip highs over the years (WMU kick return on last play, Alcorn's 56 yard FG, Payne's punt return at Navy, etc) are fantastic to hear, he has a way are sapping the serotonin right out of you when things are going south on the gridiron.

• Like 1

As long as the Defense stops them...a lot more 3 and outs, and Zips improve their 3rd down conversions, they will be able to control the game and in the position of winning. But, they have to score at least 3 TD's, or 2 TD's and a couple FG's to win comfortably.

Message from #13 of the past, to #13 of today...relax and keep those DB's "third" guessing.

Go Zips!!

13 is my lucky number thanks for joining! :wave:

Oh, and Go Zips!

This is a report card game. If the Zips really are improving they should manhandle the Eagles offense, but I want to see improvement on the offensive side of the ball because the Zips are going to have to score touchdowns next week vs. BGSU to have any shot at a victory.

This is a big game for me to maintain my faith in us improving. WE ABSOLUTELY SHOULD WIN THIS. They run the ball, our defense is BEAST against the run.

Congrats. Can someone who watched the game tell me approx. how many catchable balls were dropped by receivers, if any? 3.5 completions per quarter doesn't sound like much against EMU.

I don't remember there being any blatant drops like we have seen in the past. Bear in mind, we ran the ball 53 times, several scores were short drives due to big pass plays, and TW did not play in the 4th quarter.

Of other note, Woodson was sacked only once, on them first drive. He was not only able to avoid other sacks but able to throw some very good passes under pursuit. He also was 11-69 rushing. We averaged 10.1 yards per pass completion.

• Like 1