2017 Commit: Alex Ramart, QB, Foster HS (Texas)

I think we got a good one here. Strong arm, nice touch on his passes, athletic and sees the field well finding the open receiver. Based on what I see so far, I would say he is potentially one of the best QB's we've landed in a long time.

On a side note, he also has great receivers. Lol

Edited by blueandgold

6 hours ago, blueandgold said:

I think we got a good one here. Strong arm, nice touch on his passes, athletic and sees the field well finding the open receiver. Based on what I see so far, I would say he is potentially one of the best QB's we've landed in a long time.

On a side note, he also has great receivers. Lol

One WR is committed to Oklahoma

5 hours ago, McZipp said:

K92, why the head scratching gif? 

Because we beat out the University of Incarnate Word for one thing. He says we have a supportive fan base for 2. For 3 he likes Milwee. The fourth thing is coach Bowden is legendary. Maybe he is mistaking him for his father. Fifth is the program going in the right direction. 5-7, 5-7, 8-5 and then 5-7 is pretty crappy in my opinion. However, I could be wrong in what he meant by the head scratch. 

14 hours ago, Zipgrad01 said:

Because we beat out the University of Incarnate Word for one thing. He says we have a supportive fan base for 2. For 3 he likes Milwee. The fourth thing is coach Bowden is legendary. Maybe he is mistaking him for his father. Fifth is the program going in the right direction. 5-7, 5-7, 8-5 and then 5-7 is pretty crappy in my opinion. However, I could be wrong in what he meant by the head scratch. 

Whether you or I or anyone else thinks those statements are true or not, it is important that recruits feel that way. Serious question - do you get any enjoyment out of being a fan of the Zips?

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Whether you or I or anyone else thinks those statements are true or not, it is important that recruits feel that way. Serious question - do you get any enjoyment out of being a fan of the Zips?

I get enjoyment and misery out of being a zips fan. Definitely the highest and lowest points of all my sports fandom. I am, however, sick of the misery, so my viewpoints are holding this program to a higher standard. That is the only way we will consistently be better. We have been so bad that any incling of success creates a feeling of complacency. I say a lot of things just to play devils advocate and sometimes I say them because they are exactly what I think. All I did was answer the mans question honestly. And if you think my answer wasn't exactly why he was scratching his head then you don't know keener like I do.

I do agree it is important that recruits feel that way. All I did was answer a question. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LZIp said:

And for the record, I do like the kids video. He can sling it. 

6 hours ago, LZIp said:

Great Observation.  Somebody asked who Joe Akron is..........there you have it.

Alex Ramart is certainly entitled to his opinions.  I may not agree with some of the things he said in his Hustle Belt interview, but that's ok.  I am impressed by his film and I am glad he is coming to Akron.

However, the quote about the supportive fan base was the biggest head scratcher for me because, well. . .actual reality?

What is interesting is that A-Zip comes back out of the woodwork to take a swipe at ZG01 for stating his opinions.  The same A-Zip who started a thread on August  29, 2014 entitled 9100 attendance.  The initial post in the thread?  

What a f&%*ing joke!!!

A-Zip also opined on the very first page of that thread, which by the way, now spans 29 pages:

Why would TB stay here with such a pathetic, lame, POS fan base.

Edited by K92
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, K92 said:

Alex Ramart is certainly entitled to his opinions.  I may not agree with some of the things he said in his Hustle Belt interview, but that's ok.  I am impressed by his film and I am glad he is coming to Akron.

However, the quote about the supportive fan base was the biggest head scratcher for me because, well. . .actual reality?

What is interesting is that A-Zip comes back out of the woodwork to take a swipe at ZG01 for stating his opinions.  The same A-Zip who started a thread on August  29, 2014 entitled 9100 attendance.  The initial post in the thread?  

A-Zip also opined on the very first page of that thread, which by the way, now spans 29 pages:

It's so good to hear from you K92.  Same old ZN.O, people whining and bitching about the same old s%#t..  Glad to see my thread got so much attention, I am quite sure everything I said has come to fruition.  This kid looks good.  Smart of him to promote the Akron fan base whether it is true or not.......no head scratching needed, its just smart.  I guess you would expect him to say this.....................................

“The Zips offer no opportunities to me. They have horrible facilities, an ugly campus, and a non-existent fan base.” Ramart stated to Hustle Belt.

“The school offers none of the programs I want to study. I want to major in kinesiology with a concentration in sport management.” He added on what led him to commit to Akron over opportunities at programs such as Columbia, Northern Colorado, and the University of Incarnate Word to name a few.

While his plans after football played a huge part in his decision, Terry Bowden and the rest of the Akron coaching staff made the choice difficult. “The coaching staff are a bunch of idiots. Coach Milwee and I have no connection whatsoever, I hate his coaching style and he brings nothing to the table. I'm ready to go to work with him as my coach. And of course, Coach Bowden is legendary for being a buffoon.

They really have the program heading in the wrong direction, and I am excited to come in and contribute to bringing Akron to the bottom of the MAC. The offense they run is so different to what I have ran multiple years at my high school, so it should be really difficult to make the transition. I'm taking my official visit the weekend of the 20th in January and I'm super depressed to be an Akron Zip.”

Last season, Ramart, a strong armed, 6’3 210-pound pocket passer, racked up yardage through the air to help lead his Foster High (Richmond,TX) squad to an overall record of 14-1. Throwing just seven interceptions as a senior, he connected on 221 of his 315 passing attempts for nearly 3,500 passing yards and 47 touchdowns.

Edited by a-zip

On 12/31/2016 at 2:41 PM, LZIp said:

I'm not good at making an evaluation of a high school kid from their highlight video. Too many variables for me. But I did see some quick decision making in a lot of those highlights. That is the most positive thing that stood out to me. I also like his quick release and mechanics, he must have had a good coach early. It seems like he is more than capable in beating man coverage. His school uses a lot of the same formation and personnel that AJ does. He seems to have some ability to beat pressure with his feat. I like that the Zips are focusing on the QB position this offseason, depth is the reason I didn't get to see a Zips bowl game this year. I would like a film of his seven interceptions this year, and read his explanation of each. I wonder how many of those come off the receivers hands? I could probably learn more from that than I can from watching him throw 40 yard td bombs in man coverage. Welcome Alex, Go Zips!

• Like 1