Some familiar faces

AkronURocks

Now that I am pretty sure I am going to the game Saturday I decided to kill any chance of being productive this afternoon by doing some research and find out how many people at UC have Akron ties. Here are the results:Mike ThomasMike WaddellTommy GJemaul GroceTommy G's ColumnMT's forumI know, I know.....nothing better to do. But in my effort to get excited for Saturday I started reading up on the Bearcats.

I didn't know Tommy followed those guys down there!TG was really coming along nicely. I enjoyed watching and listening to him progress.I liked the way UAM was bringing him along.............as an example, handing off the ZipsLive Show to him, while staying close by to lend guidance. That was an example of why (IMHO) UAM's on a career rocketship if he'll just buckle down and knock off that advanced degree which (the lack of) I have a feeling gets in his way.Damn we need a win down there Saturday!

Good catch THOR. Talked to the wife, and we are making the trip down Friday, spending the weekend with the in-laws, and going to the game Saturday. Thinking of tailgating. It looks like they have lots to do it in and have a pre-game thing going on outside the stadium, cattitude.

Be a part of the official Bearcats pre-game party at "Cattitude at Varsity Village" before all Bearcats home football games. Starting 2 1/2 hours before every home game, this pre-game party on Sheakley Lawn is the perfect way to get yourself ready for the big game. Cattitude at Varsity Village offers food, drinks, music, promotions, tented seating and the UC Band, Dance Team and Cheerleaders to charge you up for kickoff. Everyone is there so come early for a high-energy Cattitude adjustment.
Sound familiar? Smells like Zipsfest on steroids to me. Hope to see lots of Akron fans at nippert stadium!

One more thing, my brother-in-law tells me Tommy hosts a pre-game show outside the stadium. I suggest we all go heckle him a bit.

Of course CATTITUDE will be in full force Saturday as we get you ready for football and soccer with an action packed edition of "Bearcat Gameday." Don't forget, "Bearcat Gameday," is now available live in the tailgate lots on 87.7 FM and world-wide on GoBEARCATS.com.

That was an example of why (IMHO) UAM's on a career rocketship if he'll just buckle down and knock off that advanced degree which (the lack of) I have a feeling gets in his way.
I have to respectfully disagree with you. When UAM didn't get the job at Akron, he should have made a name for himself at another school without Mike Thomas. As it stands now, he looks like a guy who follows one guy around his entire career. I wouldn't be impressed by that if I sat on an interviewing committee.On the other hand, there was a young kid working in the Athletic Department who decided to go to another school other than Cincy, I think his name was Newhouse (sp?)....maybe. That shows balls and an ability for someone move outside of his comfort zone. Kevin Olivette (sp?), another good employee, did the same thing. Following Mike Thomas around was the easy thing to do. I'm not impressed.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. When UAM didn't get the job at Akron, he should have made a name for himself at another school without Mike Thomas. As it stands now, he looks like a guy who follows one guy around his entire career. I wouldn't be impressed by that if I sat on an interviewing committee.On the other hand, there was a young kid working in the Athletic Department who decided to go to another school other than Cincy, I think his name was Newhouse (sp?)....maybe. That shows balls and an ability for someone move outside of his comfort zone. Kevin Olivette (sp?), another good employee, did the same thing. Following Mike Thomas around was the easy thing to do. I'm not impressed
Once again the green eyed :blink: gp1 chirps in about UAM. Someone has a 2 x 4 up his ass. Why not clear the air and tell everyone what your beef is with Mike. He got a huge pay increase to go to Cincinnati in a BCS conference. That is a step up and moving in the right direction. :thumb: Why should anyone need to impress you? Who are you? You come in here blasting :gun: away at anything you don't like. By the way, don't wait too long for that chair :rofl: on the interviewing committee. :wave:

Good morning folks - long time no talk. Its been great hearing from so many of you this week and I do look forward to seeing you this weekend in Nippert Stadium.Change is always a challenge and this week has been odd for many of us here at UC. Satuday will be the capper. As for this thread everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which is one thing about this board and nation that is great. I respect GP1 a great deal and enjoyed he and his wife's friendship while at UA. They are great fans and love UA dearly. Leaving UA was tough for me as I enjoyed working with Mack, but the opportunity at UC was a great one and when paired with some other factors that Z-P mentioned it was a home run. Having the chance to build a BCS external operation from the ground up is a challenge I could not pass up. Package that with the opportunity to work with someone I know and trust and the chance to bring the best of the best from my past along with me (Tommy and Jemaul - two of the finest young ones I have ever been around) made coming to UC a better decision than other opportunities would have been at this point in my career. A wise man told me once that life is full of lessons if you pay attention -focus on today and not yesterday.I do cherish my time at UA, my dear friends - many on this board and countless others off. The cell has been burning this week but it has not stopped since March 13.This is a good thing.Stay positive for JD and the guys as they are doing the right things for the long term. Same goes for the other great coaches and staff at UA. Dr. Proenza is a visionary and will keep the ship pointed in the right direction. He is a marvel!Good luck this weekend and do enjoy your trip to UC. If there is anything we can do off the field to make your stay better please let us know. Call us at 1-877-CATS-TIX. UCM

Good to hear from you. I don't think you owe anybody here an explaination. The fact that you are willing to come here and explain yourself shows me your passion for your work.That's what I always liked about you, your passion. It was great to see somebodyas excited as me about Akron sports working for us. That was new to me around the University at the time.Good Luck to you and your family, who knows, we may see you in the future... :beam:

Why not clear the air and tell everyone what your beef is with Mike.
Let's just say that over the past few months, strange things have been going on on this board. Out of respect to the moderators, I will leave it at that. I think they know what I mean.Beware of the wolf in sheeps clothing.

Let's just say that over the past few months, strange things have been going on on this board. Out of respect to the moderators, I will leave it at that. I think they know what I mean.Beware of the wolf in sheeps clothing.
DAD?! Is that really you? :laugh_up: It's ok... me and momma will forgive you if you just leave that whore and come back home. drop the bottle; there are meetings for that now! hahaha :lol:

Posted on Oct 5 2006, 08:28 AM Let's just say that over the past few months, strange things have been going on on this board. Out of respect to the moderators, I will leave it at that. I think they know what I mean.Beware of the wolf in sheeps clothing. 
Yet another cryptic response from gp1. This is good stuff! I'll give it a shot. I think it was Profesor Plum with a lead pipe in the conservatory. ;)

DAD?! Is that really you? :laugh_up: It's ok... me and momma will forgive you if you just leave that whore and come back home. drop the bottle; there are meetings for that now! hahaha :lol:
AK-Zips! Get your DAD off of the Message Board and into a clinic to work on that moonshine addiction. That woman is not a whore she is a prositute. Your DAD is her pimp! a whore does it for free, like all the Can't State cheerleaders!Giggity Giggity!

This is pretty much as far as I can let this one go. This board is not a site to bash Mike Waddell. His contributions to the image of U of A athletics are undeniable. If you have a problem with Mike, you likely have some agenda. This site is not a forum where such agendas are welcome.Mike was, and continues to be, a friend to many participants on this board. He treated every fan...be they $10,000 donors, or Joe Schmoe that buys a general admission ticket...with equal respect and gratitude for their support. As time goes on I appreciate that attribute as much as any other Mike embraced during his tenure. It is more rare that I ever thought.Topic closed. Please move on.