Michigan State

Huge game and scarves are available to be picked up by the season ticket holders

E-mail from the athletic department

Zips Fan,

I wanted to follow up the email I sent you on the weekend. Your STH gift has arrived safely in Akron. We appreciate your patience on this issue. You may pick up your scarf at the marketing table until the 80th minute of tomorrow's game with Michigan State.

I spoke earlier with Coach Embick and he wanted me to stress the importance of tomorrow's match with the top-ranked Spartans. This is a crucial match in our 20117 campaign. Kickoff is at 7:00. He and I hope to see you there!

What I'm watching on ESPN3 is another game where Akron looks like the better team on the field -- though less here than any of the previous games (I've watched all except UMass-Lowell).  MSU is probably the best opponent we've played -- which is perhaps why they're ranked #1!  :P   NONETHELESS, Nate Schultz just put the Zips on top with a goal about 20 minutes in!   :thumb:  And...:bow:

Twenty-nine seconds to play in the half, and NATE SCHULTZ may have put this on one ICE with a put-back for the big 2-nil advantage and his second goal of the half! 

At halftime, Akron 8 shots, 5 SOG.  #1 (??) MSU 1 shot!   One shot?!  I don't think these guys had a chance to prepare themselves for what they had coming tonight!

Edited by Z.I.P.

Three to Zero!!!  Nick Hind's adept placement creates an Akron own goal off the knee of a Spartie defender.

Off-subject,  I see Whole Foods sponsoring with signage in the corner area.  Is there a WFM in Akron now???  ;) 

Edited by Z.I.P.
  • Like 1

Beautiful football display by The University of Akron as Nick Hinds combines with Joao Moutinho for the FOURTH goal of the game vs HashtagNumberOne Michigan State!!!!  4-1 Akron.

Can I add something?  OK.  David Egbo really looks good, and has a winning attitude.  Freshman!

Edited by Z.I.P.
  • Like 2

Just got back to hotel in Atlanta after watching Atlanta beat the snot out of Philadelphia 3-nil, but had my cell phone tuned in to ESPN3 and watched our Zippies DESTROY MSU 4-1.  Atlanta's 3rd goal coincided almost exactly with Joao's goal for #4 for Akron.  I was standing up cheering the Zips score when Atlanta scored.  Everyone in my section thought I had ESP!  I explained I had ESPN3!  Anyway, ME_87 had hoped I would regret being in Mercedes Benz Stadium instead of Cub Cadet, and he was right!  I am sorry I wasn't there, but glad I could keep up with the match.  Looks like Z.I.P. had a field day in Honolulu with posts!  Love ya, man!  Love the Zips more!

• Like 2

That was fun. Our Zips came prepared for this one. The starting lineup changes worked well. So happy ZipsVoice is regretting not being here for this one...Sorry ZipsVoice, but I know you understand. Glad you got to see it on your mobile.

Go Zips. Keep up the hard work.

As many of you know, I don't follow soccer much, and only mildly followed the beginning of this season.  And I really only knew that we dropped a few games already and fell way back in the polls. 

But my gosh, I went to these last 2 home games and we looked DOMINANT....against 2 really good opponents.  What's happened?  Is this a case where they just needed a little more work together to gel ?    I also saw pure hustle in these 2 games.  Pressuring the ball all time.  Numerous steals.  Was that lacking in the earlier games?

Another Observation:

Was it just me?  Or, did those officials call about 10 fouls on Akron before they called their first foul on a MSU player?  It was pretty bad.