Elite 8 - Friday night Dec. 1 - Akron at Louisville

2 hours ago, UAZipster0305 said:

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/university-of-akron/university-of-akron-soccer-zips-get-chance-to-prove-they-deserved-higher-seed-at-louisville

“It works both ways,” Embick said. “They’ve been here, but they haven’t been able to get over the hump. We’re going to try to take advantage of the fact they have experience, but their experience is losing. Maybe we can draw upon that and get them to panic or have doubt that hey, it’s going to happen again if we get off to a good start.”

I really wish Embick hadn't said that. Louisville is gonna be a tough enough out without them having billboard material as added incentive. Let's hope they don't come upon this before game time.

this is sour grapes....pure and simple....

Louisville did not lose 2 games to teams not in the tourney....Louisville did not lose to a god awful Utah Valley team

Louisville played in a league with 9 teams in the tourney and they only lost 2 games all years

Akron lost 2 in the first weekend...to teams not in the tourney....

Jared, you can tell your team in private...that they have won so many in a row...and are capable of winning it all....if they want it....

You can tell your team that Sam missed the first 2 games and that you messed up by starting Wiedt instead of Strachan in the first game....but they are still losses...get over it....the seeding was fair...

But....for god sakes......don't say that the other team's experience is LOSING

Be the ADULT in the room....and challenge the student athletes to prove the seeding committee wrong...

STOP Whining, Jared !!!

• Like 1

I didn't necessarily take it as a woe is me quote. Jared called it as it is: Louisville benefited from playing in a better conference. The following quote from the article has yet to be mentioned as well.

“You know, that conference kind of gave them the benefit of the doubt, but like I said, at the end of the day, the only way we can prove we’re right is to go out there in the 90 minutes and get it done no matter where the game is at.”

In regards to the about Louisville being experienced with losing, it doesn't bother me. Their coach is the same coach that said he left Akron because he couldn't win a championship here, the same here where Caleb Porter won a National Championship 5 years after Lolla left. 

As far as I'm concerned, Louisville hasn't won a National Championship since Lolla arrived, and lost to AKRON in their best opportunity to do so. Their seasons under Lolla have ALWAYS ended in a LOSS, so their experience IS with LOSING. 

With that being said, back it up, Embick. Kick some Cardinal ass. :nutkick: :rock:

Edited by lilroodude
  • Like 1

The seeding was fair. The 2 early losses for the Zips did not matter. Top seeds should be judged by how well they did against top competition.

Against the RPI top 25, Akron was 3-1-0, with wins over #8, #10, and #12, and a loss to #8.

Against the RPI top 25, Louisville was 4-1-2, with wins over #3, #6, #14, and #22, a loss to #1, and draws against #2 and #9.

If that was the only info you had, which team would you rank higher?

• Thanks 1

Akron had a nice recovery to the bad start. The seeding was fair as I would have ranked L ahead of UA too. Porter and Embick have done a nice job of scheduling up including highly-ranked teams at home. Tough to schedule to the level of an ACC schedule; the ACC is an excellent soccer conference. 

We've played very well down the stretch. Time to head to L and bring home the W - GO ZIPS!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TennZip said:

I suspected that might happen. “Coach Aaron Embick”? “Section 211”?

Edited by Zip_ME87

11 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

And "Akron University", and many missing words and grammar errors.

I was shaking my head the entire time I was reading it.    

I think the “writer” must have got a journalism degree from Portage County Community College.  Can’t State STILL sucks...

Edited by ZipsVoice
Bad spelling!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, malonepioneer12 said:

Where is Egbo?  

Jared has not played a sub yet!!!  After 45 UL has 7 shots to Akron's 2, but we have 4 corners to 2.  Two VERY dangerous teams defended well enough to come into the lockers tied.  GREAT GAME so far. 

Make that 5-2 Akron in corner kicks.

Edited by Z.I.P.