Creighton

18 minutes ago, fknbuflobo said:

5 YC = 1 match

3 YC = 1 match

2 YC thereafter = 1 match

By the time one earns 10 YCs in a season, perhaps a different pastime should be considered.

Eh, thanks.  Five yellow cards may explain why I never seen a wahine get suspended -- although my Rainbows HAVE had some wild girls!  ?

12.6 Accumulated Cautions — Postseason 12.6.1 Caution accumulation will carry over into postseason play, which includes conference tournaments and the NCAA tournament. 12.6.2 Players or coaches participating in postseason play will receive a one game suspension when a total of eight cautions have been accumulated. Further, each two additional cautions shall result in additional one-game suspensions. 12.6.3 If the total is reached in the final postseason game of the season, the player(s), coach(es) and/or bench personnel shall not participate in the first scheduled game of the next season.

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 1

There you have it, chapter and verse.  I cannot recall a player reaching YC suspension through smart and sportsmanlike play.  At minimum, two of the YCs involved are from utter foolishness.  And that is all it takes.  Check the box scores.  Many players cruise through a whole season garnering 1-3 YCs.  Not uncommon at all.  We all know the occasional YC comes through aggressive play.  But if one has five YCs in mid-October, one is going about it all wrong.

I find it interesting that the YC accumulations seem to come up once/year for the Zips, usually in the last regular season game or 2 (early this season), but I always end up referring back to the rule book. I can never seem to recall these particulars even though they have been the same every season I consult them.

8 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

There you have it, chapter and verse.  I cannot recall a player reaching YC suspension through smart and sportsmanlike play.  At minimum, two of the YCs involved are from utter foolishness.  And that is all it takes.  Check the box scores.  Many players cruise through a whole season garnering 1-3 YCs.  Not uncommon at all.  We all know the occasional YC comes through aggressive play.  But if one has five YCs in mid-October, one is going about it all wrong.

The occasional YC or RC also comes from poor refereeing as is the case with the single YC attributed to Colin Biros this season, and I believe the straight red shown to Creighton's #8 Kuba Polat at the end of last night's match. 

I will also note that in the professional ranks, 1 YC can be removed from the accumulated total after a certain consecutive number of games (cannot recall the number, I think 5) without receiving a YC. The NCAA has no such "good behavior" rule.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

The occasional YC or RC also comes from poor refereeing as is the case with the single YC attributed to Colin Biros this season, and I believe the straight red shown to Creighton's #8 Kuba Polat at the end of last night's match. 

What happened at the end of the match that resulted in Kuba Polat receiving a straight red? I was heading out and missed it. 

11 minutes ago, chris said:

What happened at the end of the match that resulted in Kuba Polat receiving a straight red? I was heading out and missed it. 

I probably shouldn't have included that in my post because I didn't see it either. Others around me said he kicked the ball into the ref's back, not purposefully, but was aiming for the goal (although time had expired). Maybe buflobo or someone else can comment.

5 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

I find it interesting that the YC accumulations seem to come up once/year for the Zips, usually in the last regular season game or 2 (early this season), but I always end up referring back to the rule book. I can never seem to recall these particulars even though they have been the same every season I consult them.

Well, I for one, will remember it going forward.  I only hope that Zips coaches emphasize it more than they seemingly have.  Every year there is a player flirting with YC suspension.  And it is rarely from only playing hard. 

3 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

I probably shouldn't have included that in my post because I didn't see it either. Others around me said he kicked the ball into the ref's back, not purposefully, but was aiming for the goal (although time had expired). Maybe buflobo or someone else can comment.

Player clearly was shooting in frustration while game ending whistle was still blowing.  No RC deserved.  No way!  Worst referee I can remember.  And I do not generally remember refs (boring).

• Like 1

Last night I saw the Zip soccer team do something I haven't seen in a long time, they made an adjustment early in the game well before halftime. We came out playing our possession game with little penetration an no scoring opportunities. At about the 15 minute mark we changed to through passing and occasionally going over the top as direct teams do. Our wings and forward, especially Zajac and Kasay, started making diagonal runs and the opportunities started coming. I thought Zajac was really on his game. His D needs some work, but he can help a lot. The change produced one on one's with the GK for both Zajac and Kasay. We should have had a score out of one of those two chances. That's good coaching and I applaud Jared and the staff for having the team ready to do that. 

Our D looked good and stood up to Creighton's repeated long passes hoping to get over the top of our back line. Our boys were stellar. In fact the whole team, except for our right mid's, clicked. We are weak at RMF. Pacheco was playing below his standard and his sub, Yung (?), was lost. Tor was good in goal and if Ben is benched we will not lose a step here. I thought Mohammed was excellent and he helped to steady our improved backline.

The only weakness that seem to stick out to me is that we have no speed up top, like a Darren Mattocks. This was a good game in which to put it together. We can build on this. Jared even smiled after the game. That's good news. 

• Like 1