Week 2, Ohio

Zipmeister

On 11/10/2020 at 10:45 PM, 72 Roo said:

After last week this was a huge improvement. OU is no WMU and it showed. Last week I was depressed; this week there is reason for hope. My biggest concern is Gibson. I questioned his decision making against Western and I saw little improvement tonight. You cannot win with a QB who turns over the ball. Around him the team has gotten better. Love Dollard, love Bubba. The OL showed it can grow and learn. The DL showed flashes of talent. Riley is out of his depth, he can not cover a #1 receiver. The coaches stepped up their game and had the team ready. My compliments to them. Looking ahead Kent looks good and BG can be our first win. Hope so.  

Much better than anything we saw last season. Just the fact they have a running game that they can rely on to help control a game is huge. The O-line can actually block it. Seen it for 2 games now. It  looks for real. Haven't seen a legit running game for seasons. Liked some of the tighter formations Arth used to force the defense to respond to that instead of the opponents D dictating. Dollard does indeed look like a horse. Stay healthy. Gibson should be able to clean up his mistakes since he doesn't have to carry the offense. Those picks hurt. I love to watch an O-line that can block a running game.

They have to clean up the back end of that defense. Can't consistently give up completions in critical situations and not be able to get off the field. Still have to get more consistent play from the D-line to keep the LB's clean to make plays without having to use them to blitz just to pressure the QB.

Lean on the run game against KSWho and try to keep Crum off the field. Just be competitive against the. 

Just wish we could watch in person.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

Dre, it must have killed you to say this but I appreciate that you did. You are a stand up guy. It appears we all have reason to hope and that's a good thing!

I don't always agree with Dre, but one thing I will say is that he mans up when he needs to.  He can on last year and admitted he had been wrong on Groce.  Hopefully, Arth can make him do it again some day.

• Like 1

Is there anyone out there scratching their head about the selection process for the coach Arth? The hired the coach away from Univ of Chattanooga and had to pay a buyout of his contract there.

His record at Chattanooga 9-13? I thought most school try to find candidates who are winning at their previous coaching stops? I do not believe they hired the best candidate for the job,and another disaster and now they cant fire the guy since that would means they are then paying the salaries of 2 fired coaches.

At the end of this disaster the Coach and the AD both need to be fired,this does not apear to be a good hire and there has been zero improvements even with the  coaching change and then short resume below is one of the shortest coaching resumes i have ever seen,there not alot of experience to hire this person as a head coach!

Head coaching record

YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffs

John Carroll Blue Streaks (Ohio Athletic Conference) (2013–2016)

2013John Carroll 9–2     8  –12ndL NCAA Division III First Round

2014John Carroll 11–2   8–12ndL NCAA Division III Quarterfinal

2015John Carroll 8–2     7–2T–2nd

2016John Carroll 12–2   9–01stL NCAA Division III Semifinal

John Carroll:40–8  32–4

Chattanooga Mocs (Southern Conference) (2017–2018)

2017Chattanooga 3–8        3–5T–6th

2018Chattanooga 6–5        4–4T–5th

Chattanooga: 9–13      7–9

Akron Zips (Mid-American Conference) (2019–present)

2019Akron0–120–86th (East)

2020Akron0–20–2(East)

Akron:0–140–10