Class of '23 Offers & Verbal Commits

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

We knew about a Zips offer a few days ago, but his commitment was new this morning.  I don't think he's signed his LOI yet, but the fact he announced his commitment this a.m. is great. He's almost certainly going to sign.

Signed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LZIp said:

So far from our commits we know of, Bowen and Long haven't signed. I don't know if they'll announce the kicker as they usually come in as walk ons I believe.

I wouldn’t be surprised if these kickers are on scholarship after the year we just had. I haven’t seen anything on social media to think Bowen and Long won’t sign.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

One of his hudl clips.  He moves and runs well. Has a solid burst and can hit for someone that is 210. Get him up to 235/240 lbs range and he’ll be in business.

In those clips he looks and moves like Jason Taylor did.

Not to put pressure on him or anything 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

It's 5:30 so it looks like we didn't get signed LOI's from

LB Joshua Bowen

OL Maurice Long

K Joey Castle

K Owen Wiley

The kickers must be preferred walk-ons?

I'm disappointed we didn't get ink from Bowen.

Friday is the last day of the early signing period, so they may have just chosen not to sign today.

57 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Do you think it’s reasonable for him to gain that much weight going into his last year of eligibility ?

It wouldn’t be easy, but if he’s an early enrollee it could be done. That’d give him about 8 months to slam down as much protein as he could get his hands on. 

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

Do you think it’s reasonable for him to gain that much weight going into his last year of eligibility ?

Yes. Speaking from experience, I put on 30-40 lbs of muscle in about 6-8 months without any professional help/guidance. My routine was a breakfast drink, protein snacks, double order of Steak & Shake for lunch, protein snacks, workout after work, protein shake, two Chipotle bowls for dinner, protein snacks, then a mass gainer before bed. Rinse, repeat. Any type of professional guidance would've helped make this cleaner/healthier/easier, but it's extremely possible to add weight through muscle quickly. 

He won't have any problems adding 20+ lbs if he's serious about it. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

Friday is the last day of the early signing period, so they may have just chosen not to sign today.

Kickers & long snappers become scholarship players if they start.  The other 2 could possibly not qualify yet.  Sometimes they have GPA but not 18 on ACT yet & keep taking it until they do.  I have no idea if that is the case but it’s fairly common.