Captain Kangaroo Posted September 15 Report Posted September 15 In honor of The University of Akron’s most famous, and favorite Offensive Coordinator, we’re inviting you to “Party With Marty!” in the grass area behind the south goal post on Saturday September 26th! “I Partied With Marty!” tee shirts will be handed out to the first 1000 participants courtesy of Sully’s Tool and Party Rental. In addition, $2.00 Bud Lights will be available in a commemorative “I Partied With Marty” souvenir cup! Hey Zips fans…let’s “Fill the Hill!” Show up in the beginning of the 2nd quarter to get your cups, tee shirts, and party hearty with Marty! Let's show Las Vegas how to really party!! BEAT UNLV! 4 2 Quote
zipsfan33 Posted September 16 Report Posted September 16 This is amazing, but is anyone gonna tell Marty? He has no idea! 🙂 4 Quote
exit322 Posted September 16 Report Posted September 16 11 hours ago, zipsfan33 said: This is amazing, but is anyone gonna tell Marty? He has no idea! 🙂 Well, I figure that if Marty can't be there, maybe AI Slop Marty like in the picture can be the fill-in 1 1 Quote
Captain Kangaroo Posted September 17 Author Report Posted September 17 It appears some people have taken the "Party With Marty" idea above as a confirmed, University sponsored event. To be clear - The idea was tabled exclusively by me with zero input from UA. That said, I wouldn't have added concept details and graphics if I didn't believe it could be a successful, fun, and feasible promo. I hope someone at UA takes it and runs with it in some form. Apologies to Marty if it caused him any angst. He's a rock star, and my hero! 🦘🎸 2 Quote
zippy5 Posted September 24 Report Posted September 24 Well well well https://www.instagram.com/p/Ddr53_0Fzpg/?stkn=NDdwbDU1cDczNHM2 1 Quote
kreed5120 Posted September 24 Report Posted September 24 (edited) I came here to post the same. It seems like @Captain Kangaroo has a job waiting for him in the marketing department. https://x.com/AkronZips/status/2103242625906278424 Edit: The QR code on the back of the shirt is fitting for today's version of college athletics. Honestly I don't mind a QR code on the back as much as the sponsors that are normally on them. At least it's different. Edited September 24 by kreed5120 1 Quote
Captain Kangaroo Posted September 24 Author Report Posted September 24 Can someone at least save me an XL? That’s all I ask. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.