Transfer from WVU -- Pat Forsythe

Oh boy, this was the second thing that popped up when I googled his name. Make sure you don't leave your purses lying around the JAR next year. Let's just chalk it up to "white collar crime" and say he's better than any Can't State players because it wasn't domestic violence or driving under the influence.

Yikes. Sounds like a QB we use to have. Who was sort of the first shoe to drop in the final chapter of JD in Akron.

If he's past that, I'd take a look. He could be a hell of a tandem with Zeke and Tree...

It appears he wasn't a thug enough to earn Bob Huggins support or qualify to transfer to Can't. Too bad he didn't mug someone, then he surely would have stayed at WVU. I hope his mistake was just a case of a basically good kid doing a stupid, selfish act of theft. If it is more I hope we have him on a short leash.

Yeah ..... one 23 year old stole from his teammates to buy heroin.

The 18 year old used a stolen credit card to buy chicken wings.

Eerily similar. :rolleyes:

Actually, the article does not say he used the card - it says he friend found the wallet and he gave the cards to the other guy. Sounds like bad judgement, but no as bad as actually using the cards.

The Justin Miller on Twitter (@JMUXL) says he got the news from his father. If you search for UXL, the first hit is UXL Sports & Fitness in Brunswick, OH. A Bruce Miller is listed as co-owner of UXL.

Obviously not confirmed, but I'd say odds are good that Bruce Miller is Justin Miller's father, and that he probably has a pretty tight connection with the Forsythe family from Pat's early basketball days in Brunswick.

Good find, Zach.

Looks like we may have found the big man replacement for Zeke. He is apparently young, and although will be a Soph academically, he will be Freshman age. So, who says he won't grow an inch and become Akrons second straight 7 footer?

Definitely a great pickup. We needed a big man to take over for the Serb.

Looks like we have that same problem as last year - too many good guys, not enough minutes.

"saying his reasoning is to be closer to his dad and family so he doesnt have to sit out a year." I am by no means an expert on NCAA rulings, but is it possible he wouldn't have to sit out any games this year?

I have never heard "I want to move closer to home" being an acceptable NCAA excuse to play immediately after a transfer. Unless there was a dying parent or similar severe hardship involved, I would assume he'll be in slacks and a sweater, next to the Igloo cooler on the Zips bench this winter.

Forsythe played at WVU as a true freshman. He did not redshirt. But he was recently granted a medical waiver after missing most of his freshman season due to a stress fracture. So, in effect, last season could be considered to be the same as if he had redshirted in terms of having five years of eligibility in order to play four seasons. Source: Pat Forsythe Granted Medical Hardship Waiver

If he voluntarily transfers from WVU to another D-I school, he's going to have to sit out a season. That means that he would not be eligible to play with the Zips this season should it turn out that he really is coming to UA. That would use up his second of five years, and he would be eligible to play for the Zips for three seasons.

Again, if this all comes to pass, it would be huge for the Zips. A player with Forsythe's size and skill set who was ready to play as a true freshman at a quality school like WVU is a rarity. To have a genuine major-major talent be able to step in at center the first season that Zeke is gone would be a recruiting coup of epic proportions for KD.

I have never heard "I want to move closer to home" being an acceptable NCAA excuse to play immediately after a transfer. Unless there was a dying parent or similar severe hardship involved, I would assume he'll be in slacks and a sweater, next to the Igloo cooler on the Zips bench this winter.

Maybe they'd accept this as his excuse? http://www.wvillustrated.com/story/1733328...hardship-waiver

Maybe they'd accept this as his excuse? http://www.wvillustrated.com/story/1733328...hardship-waiver

It's ironic to see him in that picture splitting Egner and Harney for the ball. Let's hope his injuries and mistakes are behind him. I think all this hardship waiver does is effectively wipe out last year, leaving him with 4 years left of eligibility. I don't see how he gets away without sitting out the usual 1 year for a D-1 transfer.