Ianello G-O-N-E!?

Captain Kangaroo

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hanging on the word "RELEASED" in that rumor.

I'm HOPING that means "You walk away with your two years of pay and no more; we release you from a 3-year assignment elsewhere within the University (purgatory)."

Both parties shake hands and walk away from each other.

easier to just put the video in (youtube)(/youtube) but use these brackets ][

BTW, this is how I feel about it if it's true:

And is there a link where I can listen to Zips Live? 1350's website is garbage filled with a bunch of bikini girls everywhere.

if this is true, do we give Tom Wistrcill a mulligan?

id say yes for 1 year. if he mucks up the next hire, he better be on the way out the door too

Are you serious? Is medical marijuana now legal in Ohio? Was there some Lot 9, 100 keg tailgate that no one told me about?

HELL NO he gets no mulligan. If Wistercill is within 500 miles of the upcoming football coach search committe my projectile vomit will be sufficient to block the sun's rays for 1,000 years.

And is there a link where I can listen to Zips Live? 1350's website is garbage filled with a bunch of bikini girls everywhere.

1350 changed their page recently so that you must (I think) use iheartradio to "listen live". At least, that's what I had to do last night. BTW, thanks for putting the FB page together, regardless of how this turns out.

1350 changed their page recently so that you must (I think) use iheartradio to "listen live". At least, that's what I had to do last night. BTW, thanks for putting the FB page together, regardless of how this turns out.

I don't see an archive link anywhere on there, only links to girls wearing bikinis.

The facebook page needed to happen. We still haven't hit the 1,000 mark yet but 400+ in a couple days isn't bad. Let's hope this story is true.

I don't see an archive link anywhere on there, only links to girls wearing bikinis.

The facebook page needed to happen. We still haven't hit the 1,000 mark yet but 400+ in a couple days isn't bad. Let's hope this story is true.

I've always listened to it "live" and wasn't aware that 1350 ever had the shows archived.

I'm HOPING that means "You walk away with your two years of pay and no more; we release you from a 3-year assignment elsewhere within the University (purgatory)."

My thoughts as well. I was surprised by the phrase "released from contract".

That seems to contradict what I have heard round here that R.I. will continue to get paid even if he doesn't coach.

"Released" is the same word I remember being used with JD, and the University had to pay him for the remaining time on the contract.

if this is true, do we give Tom Wistrcill a mulligan?

id say yes for 1 year. if he mucks up the next hire, he better be on the way out the door too

Are you serious? Is medical marijuana now legal in Ohio? Was there some Lot 9, 100 keg tailgate that no one told me about?

HELL NO he gets no mulligan. If Wistercill is within 500 miles of the upcoming football coach search committe my projectile vomit will be sufficient to block the sun's rays for 1,000 years.

:rofl::lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretaceous%E2...xtinction_event

That seems to contradict what I have heard round here that R.I. will continue to get paid even if he doesn't coach.

"Released" is the same word I remember being used with JD, and the University had to pay him for the remaining time on the contract.

ahh, okay. That word threw me.

I guess he gets released from his obligations, but the university is still held to it's obligations.

Here is the contract.

Key clauses are in V-E-3&4.

Section E is Termination by University Other than for Cause.

Item 3 essentially says that Coach is required to make reasonable and diligent efforts to find another coaching position.

Item 4 states: If the Coach is employed elsewhere post-termination in a coaching or other comparable employment position, University's obligations to pay Coach as set forth in this Section V(E) shall be reduced by the Coach's total compensation from all sources related to such position. University shall pay such revised amount in monthly installments after the Coach's date of hire to the new position in monthly installments for the remaining term of the Agreement.

In other words, if Ianello were to be terminated by UA other than for cause after the second year of his 5-year contract, and Ianello immediately hired on as an assistant somewhere else, UA would only owe him the difference between his current salary and his new salary.

If he gets a high-paying position at a major school that matches or exceeds his UA salary, UA would owe him nothing.

In other words, it's in the best interests of UA and all UA fans to praise Ianello to the heavens as an assistant coach to try to help raise his value to other programs and earn him the highest-paying job possible.

He would get paid and he should. And we would want him to get paid. Seriously...what kind of coach would come here if they knew they had only 2 years to be successful with a program that has never had success.....AND if you were not successful, you would get cheated on your contract.

I saw it in print where Dewey beat Truman. Until it happens…it is just a rumor. It is interesting that we are debating whether sports should be de-emphasized and now we are anxiously spending other peoples money to the tune of 2M and want to can an AD who has had success in every measure except in football. iCoach has been a failure but I do not think we should spend 2M to get rid of him this year. I agree with the initial idea…sports are over emphasized. Just my opinion...

He would get paid and he should. And we would want him to get paid. Seriously...what kind of coach would come here if they knew they had only 2 years to be successful with a program that has never had success.....AND if you were not successful, you would get cheated on your contract.

I saw it in print where Dewey beat Truman. Until it happens…it is just a rumor. It is interesting that we are debating whether sports should be de-emphasized and now we are anxiously spending other peoples money to the tune of 2M and want to can an AD whose had success in every measure except in football. iCoach has been a failure but I do not think we should spend 2M to get rid of him this year. I agree with the initial idea…sports are over emphasized. Just my opinion...

I consider the year we made it to the Motor City Bowl and won the MAC Championship a success. The program was mediocre before Ianello. Ianello was brought in to transition the program from mediocre to bowl games every year. Instead, we regressed :unsure:

I agree with the initial idea…sports are over emphasized. Just my opinion...

While I agree this notion is worthy of serious discussion, if I already had concluded that sports are over emphasized, I'm not sure I'd be spending this much time on a fan message board voicing said opinion. Just sayin' :wave:

Fair point. I was one of the few who attended the games when we were D2. I even dragged friends and family. I will attend the Mount Union game this weekend. I assume it will be sold out or close to it. My point is...sports can be followed avidly by its students and fans without being big time or "over emphasized". Truthfully...football is the real problem. Money corrupts.

I agree with the initial idea…sports are over emphasized. Just my opinion...

While I agree this notion is worthy of serious discussion, if I already had concluded that sports are over emphasized, I'm not sure I'd be spending this much time on a fan message board voicing said opinion. Just sayin' :wave:

Fair point. I was one of the few who attended the games when we were D2. I even dragged friends and family. I will attend the Mount Union game this weekend. I assume it will be sold out or close to it. My point is...sports can be followed avidly by its students and fans without being big time or "over emphasized". Truthfully...football is the real problem. Money corrupts.

I hear what you're saying, and it's one of the reasons why I enjoy "MAC level" football. I just prefer for my team to be a little more competitive at it!