New Uniforms Coming

Blue & Gold

Love the new jersey.  Z with name below it looks a little weird.  Does this leave all the helmets we had from last year along with the pant combos?  And do we still have the black uniforms in the mix...from a distance in dim light it'll be difficult to tell the difference between the Navy and the Black uniforms. 

15 minutes ago, AyYo said:

Plenty of pictures on the Akron Football Facebook page

Awesome thanks! Have to say I love the new jersey. Can't say the same about the white helmet with gold facemask they showed. The gold looks too much like light brown or tan.

Edited by akzipper

44 minutes ago, akzipper said:

Awesome thanks! Have to say I love the new jersey. Can't say the same about the white helmet with gold facemask they showed. The gold looks too much like light brown or tan.

Really?  I thought the white helmet was totally bad ass.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, K92 said:

Really?  I thought the white helmet was totally bad ass.

I've never been a fan of having a logo on one side, and numbers on the other. I'm guessing they probably realized that the Z logo tends to look a little awkward when placed on the left side.

Still think this is my favorite Zips helmet ever.

usa-today-8068457.0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

So it's been confirmed that the Zips will again wear a throwback helmet for homecoming and "full roo" on senior night.

Hopefully they have some throwback jerseys to match the helmets this season? I do believe they are bringing back gold pants. Should be nice to have a lot of options this season.