John Ward

Transfer Portal

Seems to me he is saying there is no chance to experience winning at UA so he had better get out. It is sad but I agree with him. We will be lucky to win two this year. Hate to lose a local kid. Best of luck Jonah.

• Like 1

Is it within NCAA guidelines to transfer to your existing program? Are we just trying to get our transfer numbers up?

image.png

• Like 1

Lost two, "4-star" recruits in one week. Seems to highlight the irrelevance of "stars" when it comes to Zips football recruiting classes and rankings? Mo stars, mo problems...

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

On the zips web site, Wolfely is listed as a R-So, and not a grad transfer.  He will me missed even though the Zips do not utilize tight ends appropriately.  

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

Can't blame him. He wants to do more than block and it is clear that in this offensive scheme he will not see the ball. I think this is regrettable because 1) he could have been a good TE and 2) we should us the TE as a weapon, not always blocking. With the emergence of a running gain the threat of a TE actually catching the ball presents cover problems to the defense thus freeing up our WR's and RB's. I wish him well but I truly hate to lose him. Loved his name. I always felt it fit the Zips family. It is becoming more than suspicious that Arth wants to build only with his own recruits. I hope I can wait until he can produce on the field. I'm thinking it will take another two seasons before we begin winning consistently.  

25 minutes ago, 72 Roo said:

Can't blame him. He wants to do more than block and it is clear that in this offensive scheme he will not see the ball. I think this is regrettable because 1) he could have been a good TE and 2) we should us the TE as a weapon, not always blocking. With the emergence of a running gain the threat of a TE actually catching the ball presents cover problems to the defense thus freeing up our WR's and RB's. I wish him well but I truly hate to lose him. Loved his name. I always felt it fit the Zips family. It is becoming more than suspicious that Arth wants to build only with his own recruits. I hope I can wait until he can produce on the field. I'm thinking it will take another two seasons before we begin winning consistently.  

Interested to see what he does.  He committed to WV as an ILB.  From Morgantown, maybe Pitt,  back on D, not really tall enough for TE & hands not so good

8 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

That is a fine young man we are loosing. He has blood lines that you wouldn't believe. He will be missed and I hope nothing but the best for him. Looks like he has a couple more years to play.

9 hours ago, Zippy1986 said:

He is a nice player. I wonder how many more of these we may see in the upcoming weeks 🤦🏻‍♂️

Players transferring is the norm today.  Everybody wants to have instant gratification.  Go to the transfer portal and search on schools.  Most have 3-6 players in the portal.  Akron will have more players that want to transfer.  If the 4 redshirt freshmen linemen are truly very good, I see many O linemen wanting to transfer to get some PT.  We need to understand that this is not a weakness, but it is a reality.  I see this as an opportunity to get 3 stud defensive players to close some of the gaps as the young players develop.  

• Like 2