Zippy87
Members-
Posts
1,903 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
37
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Zippy87
-
Didn't say they shouldn't fall, but falling from 16 to unranked after a win is pretty unprecedented.
-
I think you're underrating how much the media is riding against Michigan and for Western Michigan here. Michigan won the game and dropped completely from the AP Poll. This has turned WMU into a darling underdog and that will follow them the rest of the season, including when they're considered for the Playoff. Hell, I think they could make it at 11-2.
-
So would a 12-1 WMU team with just one controversial loss that built a ton of favor toward them in terms of public opinion/support. I won't compare to JMU last year because each year is so unique.
-
I don't know if I agree, especially if Michigan ends up not being a Top 25 team. The committee would discount that as a signature win and they wouldn't have one otherwise. Now, even if Michigan ends up not being a Top 25 team, they'll have the sentimental backing of a lot of voters. Look no further than the AP vs Coaches polls today.
-
I actually think there's a world where Western Michigan losing that game helps them in the long run. Say they go 12-1, with their only loss being Michigan. The committee is going to put them in, even if another team has an arguably better resume, as a way to try to right a "wrong". The human element and subjectivity of how they rank teams could actually help a smaller school for once.
-
This is odd to me after Steinbrecher basically stated Saturday night that what the Big Ten told them added up. I'm guessing they received some pushback from WMU and/or other member schools and wanted to at least look like they are fighting this.
-
2025-26 Post Mortem and Looking Ahead to 2026-27
Zippy87 replied to Zippy87's topic in Akron Zips Basketball
No mention of Kamrin Oriol, either. My way-too-early starting five prediction is: Buddy Hammer Jr. Ty Pence Max Burton Kamrin Oriol Tahj Staveskie I would assume Hammer Jr./White and Burton/Barre are the battles for starting spots going into the season, and that Oriol, Staveskie, and Pence can safely be locked in, barring injury. -
Of course they aren't, but do you think that will improve without these $$$ games every year?
-
There's a reason MAC schools play these buy games against Big Ten teams - they need the money to fund their programs. The ideas shared sound awesome in theory, but most programs would likely find themselves significantly in the red financially with them.
-
Kamrin Oriol - 21/4/3, 40% 3PT Tahj Staveskie - 17/4/4, 37% 3PT That's a heckuva backcourt duo!
-
I also don't know, but it seems like it is dependent on where stays/injunctions have been issued.
-
I would love for Moorhead to take some chances every now and then. They're playing this to minimize the final deficit versus actually trying to pull off an upset. Like, 4th and 5 around midfield, we send the offense out, take a penalty, punt, and then - very predictably- let them march down the field and score. I thought his brand of football was going to be fun when he arrived. But it's so uninspiring.
-
For now, right? All of this feels so temporary. But maybe they don't feel confident about Evan's situation changing.
-
I thought we didn't have a roster spot? Did someone leave?
-
Behaviors change with new generations. It doesn't mean those before them were wrong, but it also doesn't mean the current generation is, either. Wearing comfortable clothes to class doesn't mean you don't dress or behave like an adult. People used to wear full suits to baseball games. Imagine being at the Guardians game yesterday being absolutely miserable in 95 degree heat wearing a freaking suit all because someone decided ages ago that's what we should all do 😂 🤦♂️ Preparing young people for a professional career is showing them how to work within a team, how to problem solve, how to communicate, how to work through adversity, and so much more. And yes, how to dress for certain situations. I just think those situations have changed quite a bit over the last two generations, and that's OK. One final note, kids aren't "disloyal turds" for maximizing the money they can make in the very short window for making that money. Most of them aren't going pro after college, and this money may be able to set them on a good path for the rest of their lives if they manage it wisely.
-
Absolutely, but it's interesting to see him vs Evan, who is on our roster and has been in photos posted from practice.
-
Tavari isn't listed on the Charleston 26-27 roster and I haven't seen him in any of the pictures they've posted online. Might have missed him, though.
