Rain and 55 for Thursday

Lee Adams

I'll be there. I'll predict 15K for the game, but really am already thinking, a lot, about InfoSumma next year. Especially if the weather is bad, it will make it all the more clear that the entire "package" that was the Rubber Bowl was, and not in a good way, of another era. It was a cobbled together commuter football solution for what was a cobbled together commuter university. Akron and the university have come too far to feel too badly about leaving this dump behind. I'm looking forward to taking my last leak in a rusty ceramic trough in a restroom that smells, this time of year, like super-heated piss. Sitting on fraying fiberglass bench seats that are flaking paint onto my ass. All nostalgia aside, this place has always been second rate and damn it we all deserve better. On a brighter note, where do posters think the prime tailgating areas will be next Fall?GO ZIPS!SeeTeeZip

Coach Dennison remembers the Rubber BowlI didn't know that the reason the endzone is closed is because of an underground spring. The area will likely collapse pretty soon, now that they have stopped pouring concrete.
But he also said the school spent a lot of time and money pouring and repouring concrete into the closed end of the Bowl to counteract the effects of an underground spring.The tunnel you came out of for football games on the home side. You could look into underbelly of the bowl and see where it went into the side of hill. It always had wet musty smell to it and if you ever played games there like I did during my HS years. You'll remember that smell as you were running onto the RB field. There was always wet spots in the dirt you could see and that was even on dry nights.

On a brighter note, where do posters think the prime tailgating areas will be next Fall?
Anywhere within a 50ft radius of my truck. :D I know the subject of tailgating is heating up on campus now that Opening Day is only 10 months away. From what I understand, the goal of those "sane" at the University is to have open tailgating in any University lot. This makes the most sense. Limiting tailgating ("tailgating" being defined as a place where you can cook food and have beer in a Solo cup without fear of being arrested) to a confined area(s) would be lame. The more people that want to come on campus and enjoy a Saturday, the better. Hassling them will be an irreversable buzzkill that will deter folks from returning after the stadium honeymoon is over.I've been to scores of college game days throughout the United States. The ONLY ones that have butchered tailgating are Youngstown State and K.e.n.t. YSU severely limited their "tailgate" (see definition above) lots, and charged an inflated price to utilize them. K.e.n.t. arrested their alumni for a couple years in their tailgate lots. I know of several K.e.n.t. fans that used to attend Can't State's homecoming religiously, and who since have sworn to never return to the campus. Having attended the UA/K.e.n.t. game last month, I can say even K.e.n.t.'s administration was smart enough to call off their tailgate Gestapo and let responsible people enjoy their game day. Good for them. YSU? Beats me. I haven't been to a game in about 6 years (went with my mom, who's a YSU alum).I'm sure there will be an elderly UA trustee or two that will fight having open containers on campus 6 days per year. Hopefully someone overrules such narrow-minded clowns. Pretty much every college in North America lets their fans tailgate. Zips fans can handle themselves just as well as tailgating fans from any other region of the United States. Probably better (if we beat Buffalo, I don't see any of us overturning cars on Exchange).

On a brighter note, where do posters think the prime tailgating areas will be next Fall?
Anywhere within a 50ft radius of my truck. :D I know the subject of tailgating is heating up on campus now that Opening Day is only 10 months away. From what I understand, the goal of those "sane" at the University is to have open tailgating in any University lot. This makes the most sense. Limiting tailgating ("tailgating" being defined as a place where you can cook food and have beer in a Solo cup without fear of being arrested) to a confined area(s) would be lame. The more people that want to come on campus and enjoy a Saturday, the better. Hassling them will be an irreversable buzzkill that will deter folks from returning after the stadium honeymoon is over.I've been to scores of college game days throughout the United States. The ONLY ones that have butchered tailgating are Youngstown State and K.e.n.t. YSU severely limited their "tailgate" (see definition above) lots, and charged an inflated price to utilize them. K.e.n.t. arrested their alumni for a couple years in their tailgate lots. I know of several K.e.n.t. fans that used to attend Can't State's homecoming religiously, and who since have sworn to never return to the campus. Having attended the UA/K.e.n.t. game last month, I can say even K.e.n.t.'s administration was smart enough to call off their tailgate Gestapo and let responsible people enjoy their game day. Good for them. YSU? Beats me. I haven't been to a game in about 6 years (went with my mom, who's a YSU alum).I'm sure there will be an elderly UA trustee or two that will fight having open containers on campus 6 days per year. Hopefully someone overrules such narrow-minded clowns. Pretty much every college in North America lets their fans tailgate. Zips fans can handle themselves just as well as tailgating fans from any other region of the United States. Probably better (if we beat Buffalo, I don't see any of us overturning cars on Exchange).
CK, I have heard from a very good source at UA that the official Zips tailgate area will be at Buchtel Field. Anywhere else you might have a problem with an open container. I will try and confirm this, but thats what I have been told.

i was at that great game in 05 against Can't state at the bowl when it was -600 degrees and i stayed the whole game..... so im thinking im pretty for sure going to be at this game. anyone rushing the field afterwards, if so just dont mess stuff up to bad if you decide to rip down some field goal posts ha ha

I have heard from a very good source at UA that the official Zips tailgate area will be at Buchtel Field. Anywhere else you might have a problem with an open container. I will try and confirm this, but that's what I have been told.
Only Buchtel Field? For a 30,000 seat stadium they'd limit tailgating to that small area? They couldn't POSSIBLY screw it up this bad. I hope you are misinformed.

if I can hall my fat a$$ to the top of the thing I will be standing on top the goal post screaming "BRING THHIS MOTHA DOWN!"
ha ha thats funny.... someone should make up a flier for the game to hand out to people informing them ( if they dont already know) about this site. make sure that this is where people can go to get pretty reliable information regarding anything that has to do with the university.

I'm sure there will be an elderly UA trustee or two that will fight having open containers on campus 6 days per year. Hopefully someone overrules such narrow-minded clowns. Pretty much every college in North America lets their fans tailgate. Zips fans can handle themselves just as well as tailgating fans from any other region of the United States. Probably better (if we beat Buffalo, I don't see any of us overturning cars on Exchange).Speak for yourself Cap'n!GO ZIPS!SeeTeeZipper :D :D :D :D :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I have heard from a very good source at UA that the official Zips tailgate area will be at Buchtel Field. Anywhere else you might have a problem with an open container. I will try and confirm this, but that's what I have been told.
Only Buchtel Field? For a 30,000 seat stadium they'd limit tailgating to that small area? They couldn't POSSIBLY screw it up this bad. I hope you are misinformed.
Agreed entirely. Buchtel Field refers to the FB outdoor practice field that makes up part of the Lee Jackson Field complex right? If so, where the hell are tailgaters supposed to park? There are precious few parking spots around that field. It makes no sense. GO ZIPS.SeeTeeZip

what all would I need to get me some bleacher?
i've been inspecting them the past few games, though ive been extremely intoxicated while doing so, it seems that they would be a pretty tough job to get out. Id rather take a few section signs in the aisles and maybe a roo zoo sign if there is still one up

i've been inspecting them the past few games, though ive been extremely intoxicated while doing so, it seems that they would be a pretty tough job to get out. Id rather take a few section signs in the aisles and maybe a roo zoo sign if there is still one up
A couple of students already stole the sign last week. Watched them walk right out with it.

Given how 'easy' they were to take apart in the last couple years I don't think this would be much of an issue. Get a bunch of fat people and have them jump. Hell, zipseuph might be able to handle the job himself. :lol: