Erick Howard

To an Akron or Cincinnati and then out after a year? No thanks, superstar. If you decide to attend UA and play at UA, commit yourself. Otherwise don't waste our time.
Going to go to Akron or Cincinnati, or a smaller D1 school then transfering
Let him go somewhere else. He sounds like an arrogant ass.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cantonrep.com/college/x13558233...or-Div-I-offers
“Right now, I’m working hard to get the grades,” Howard said. “If I don’t get the grades, I’m thinking about prep schools or going to an Akron or Cincinnati or a smaller Division I school and transferring out after a year.”
Amazing. This kid is too stupid to go to college. Good luck in I-AA.

I have to believe the kid was either mis-quoted, or mis-spoke.He likely meant he would go to a prep school for a year, then attend a BCS-type school. This would cost him some cash, + there'd be a little risk that if he got hurt he'd have no college scholarship.Or...take the guaranteed scholarship and enter a school like UA and sit out a year while taking college courses. His scholarship would be guaranteed, assuming his 2nd year grades were in order.He wouldn't attend UA, then transfer out, because his eligibility clock begins ticking as soon as he steps foot on campus for classes. The penalty would compound if he were a non-qualifier.

I have to believe the kid was either mis-quoted, or mis-spoke.
Or maybe he made the mistake of saying exactly what he is planning to do.....
It makes absolutely no sense for a non-qualifier attend Akron, then transfer. No one does that in Division 1 college football. Anywhere.That's why the prep schools exist. Or JUCO's.In the history of Zips athletics, no "Mr. Football/Mr. Basketball/"Super-Duper All-Star" has ever made a meaningful contribution. In fact, all have been HUGE busts, often barely seeing the playing field or court.Marcus Sanders, Christian Morgan, Nate Robinson, Ryan Bain, John Carson, Emmanuel Smith, Derrick Tarver, etc etc etc.

It makes absolutely no sense for a non-qualifier attend Akron, then transfer. No one does that in Division 1 college football. Anywhere.
I agree. It makes no sense, but who says a high school kid with a sub-par intellect has to make sense? I have a feeling the Zips should take a pass on this kid. Something doesn't seem right.

• 1 month later...
It makes absolutely no sense for a non-qualifier attend Akron, then transfer. No one does that in Division 1 college football. Anywhere.
I agree. It makes no sense, but who says a high school kid with a sub-par intellect has to make sense? I have a feeling the Zips should take a pass on this kid. Something doesn't seem right.
Duh, do ya think?After his NFL football career, he wants to be either a brain surgeon or a fry cook.

Duh, do ya think?After his NFL football career, he wants to be either a brain surgeon or a fry cook.
I hope the kid doesn't give up on his dreams. Canton could use another quality fry cook.

It makes absolutely no sense for a non-qualifier attend Akron, then transfer. No one does that in Division 1 college football. Anywhere.That's why the prep schools exist. Or JUCO's.In the history of Zips athletics, no "Mr. Football/Mr. Basketball/"Super-Duper All-Star" has ever made a meaningful contribution. In fact, all have been HUGE busts, often barely seeing the playing field or court.Marcus Sanders, Christian Morgan, Nate Robinson, Ryan Bain, John Carson, Emmanuel Smith, Derrick Tarver, etc etc etc.
Dammit Cap'n. You've got to lay off your constant digs at All-World Derrick Tarver, the greatest Zip recruit of ALLTIME! You're just showing the world what a hater U R!!! :D

In the history of Zips athletics, no "Mr. Football/Mr. Basketball/"Super-Duper All-Star" has ever made a meaningful contribution. In fact, all have been HUGE busts, often barely seeing the playing field or court.Marcus Sanders, Christian Morgan, Nate Robinson, Ryan Bain, John Carson, Emmanuel Smith, Derrick Tarver, etc etc etc.
You left our current Super-Duper All Star off the list... Mr. Massillon himself.

In the history of Zips athletics, no "Mr. Football/Mr. Basketball/"Super-Duper All-Star" has ever made a meaningful contribution. In fact, all have been HUGE busts, often barely seeing the playing field or court.Marcus Sanders, Christian Morgan, Nate Robinson, Ryan Bain, John Carson, Emmanuel Smith, Derrick Tarver, etc etc etc.
You left our current Super-Duper All Star off the list... Mr. Massillon himself.
Back so soon? Which BCS program have you adopted as your favorite team?

Back so soon? Which BCS program have you adopted as your favorite team?
I said that in the heat of anger like a lot of us do, and while I still think the University went completely in the wrong direction with our coaching hire, I would never abandon the school I played for. I devoted too many hours and too much sweat to the program to just say the hell with it, but I still think TW is an absolute moron. That being said, I think Ianello has done some good things with his staffing hires, and I'll give him a year to show us all something.

• 2 weeks later...
Remember that quote of his from earlier in this very thread? The one saying that he'll go to Akron or Cinci only so they can be a stepping stone to get to Ohio State. This kid will either go to Columbus or a prep school. His mind is made up, even if OSU won't take him.
Well if there is a kid that knows about making up his mind on something it's the kid. :horse:

Remember that quote of his from earlier in this very thread? The one saying that he'll go to Akron or Cinci only so they can be a stepping stone to get to Ohio State. This kid will either go to Columbus or a prep school. His mind is made up, even if OSU won't take him.
Just curious - In the last 5 years, how many prep school kids has Ohio State accepted? I'll guess zero, but I don't follow OSU closely.

Just curious - In the last 5 years, how many prep school kids has Ohio State accepted? I'll guess zero, but I don't follow OSU closely.
I may be incorrect, but I think they have 2 this year.