Tulsa - THE BIG GAME!

They are very uneducated. "Akron went on to win the College Cup (national championship)." "I am guessing that Akron, the team TU lost to in the tourney, is still Number One? They lost so many players, Im surprised they are still there."

I WISH we won the College Cup. They do fix it later in the thread, but still. Should be a GREAT atmosphere.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the link to the Tulsa soccer message board.

We seem to have a kindred spirit on their board:

Re: 2010 TU Soccer Thread Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TU soccer is currently the only football on campus that isn't totally depressing!

Posted from wireless.rivals.com

Posted on 9/19 4:40 PM | IP: Logged

But their football team is way better than ours. Our futbol team is only a little better than theirs. :)

I'm not sure that I agree with that. We could beat them 9 times out of ten. Conservatively speaking. And for the record, (technically speaking) each team has one loss -- including our defeat to USF, and their exhibition home loss to New Mexico.

They could stuff 5500 in that place easily. On top of that, anyone that wants to watch with a great view could just stand at the fence on the tennis courts. They should bring those extra bleachers in and set those up on the courts.

You can also watch from the Student Union. I watched part of the UIC vs Cal St Northridge game from there...not too bad.

EDIT: BTW, this just posted by Caleb a few minutes ago on twitter: "Tickets are almost gone for Friday's match...don't miss #1 Akron vs. #2 Tulsa tomorrow night at 8 PM at Lee Jackson Field." http://twitter.com/UACoachPorter

Is 5,000 possible now? Or is our capacity limited to just below that??

They could stuff 5500 in that place easily. On top of that, anyone that wants to watch with a great view could just stand at the fence on the tennis courts. They should bring those extra bleachers in and set those up on the courts.

I heard that 4,200 was the official capacity for now... they reported last Friday's match as a sellout.

I heard that 4,200 was the official capacity for now... they reported last Friday's match as a sellout.

And there was PLENTY of space for people to fit in still.

And there was PLENTY of space for people to fit in still.

Here's hoping they pack at least a few more hundred in for tomorrow's match then, it would set an attendance record!

they actually had the courts locked last friday when it was getting closer to match time...

they actually had the courts locked last friday when it was getting closer to match time...

i'm sure, i'm just saying if it's sold out instead of turning people away they should let them stand there or charge a few bucks to stand there.

Weather forecast does not look too good right now.

WOIO 19 reporting it looks like the front will come through "dry". When last I checked weather.com, they were showing Friday night as cloudy, but no rain.

Just time enough to make this request to AK Rowdies and fans at the game Friday -- not sure if I can make it to a TV in Alamosa, CO or nearby resort location, but please give a warm Rowdie welcome to Tulsa's #14, Blaine Gonsalves from Honolulu's Iolani High School. Talking with his coach from Hawaii Soccer Club Honolulu Bulls, he's the club's Player of the Week, for his performance last week for Tulsa. Fresh flower leis are the appropriate welcoming gift in Hawaii, but Rowdies can provide your own sort of aloha to the former Hawaii HS POY (2008).

Mahalos and best wishes to the #1 team in America.

Weather forecast does not look too good right now.

WOIO 19 reporting it looks like the front will come through "dry". When last I checked weather.com, they were showing Friday night as cloudy, but no rain.

It's not the rain, but the wind. Predicted 20 mph sustained with gusts of 40 mph.

You're right...I saw that.