Miami vs Akron Thursday @ 2:30 pm

Dr Z

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am hoping that the Zips can make one more run to the finals in this tournament. The last few years have been exciting. The keys to a Zip victory:

Rebounding. The Zips seemed to turn things around when they started rebounding the ball. I loved Zeke's aggressiveness under the boards on Tuesday. If he gets double digit rebounds were looking good.

Taking shots in or around the paint. Our guards made several layups on Tuesday and we were getting great looks inside. Cvenitovic has been great going to the basket along with McKnight. Would love to have both of them in double figures. Work the ball inside and that will open up the perimeter.

McNees always seems to shoot the lights out at the Q. If he or McClanahan can get hot we will be tough to beat.

Defense. Our guards have to keep their man in front of them and not let them penetrate like at Can't.

Luck. Sometimes the difference between a win and a loss

More than anything else, I think this tournament is about the Zips .. and less so their opponents.

- The Zips need to play together. This means sharing the ball on offense & communicating on defense. It's no secret that the 7 game streak coincided with good D, and a high A:TO ratio.

I think it's pretty much that simple. They play together & communicate on D .. and I think we've got a good shot to see 3 Zips games this weekend at the Q.

B) B) B)

Go Zips!

- The Zips need to play together. This means sharing the ball on offense & communicating on defense.

Akron is equally matched against every team remaining. In a game between two equally matched teams, one team is more likely to blow the game than the other team winning (See Steelers vs. Packers).

ZW is right. Not making mistakes is the key. Playing hard and not making mistakes puts pressure on the other team to perform. Pressure makes college kids stumble, especially in the MAC. Just don't make mistakes and they Zips go dancing. Make mistakes and the Zips go home. It's that simple. It's up the the players on the court at this point.