Treadwell's "Mistake"

jberry1337

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I can dig the kid going out with some friends and knocking back a few (honestly who amoungst us didn't drink under age) But to roll the dice doing it some place like the valley is stupid. Whats even more stupid is ganging up on a DJ after one of your friends decided to screw with his equipment (no doubt ranging in the thousands of $'s) If you're in college and want to get drunk go to a friends house, if you feel like taking the risk and going out then don't be stupid and keep your head down especially in the valley where they have police on stand by. It amazes me how little value these "student" athletes put on their free education.

Awesome, wonderful news.

Has this been the worst couple days to be a Zips fan ever? For anyone not keeping track, the soccer team was eliminated from the NCAA tournament. After much hype, Tressel will not be coming to Akron. The basketball team got destroyed the other day, and now this. We still don't know what happened to Rico and how long he will be out, hopefully he will be back soon, but I don't expect the same from Tree after this Can't-esque behavior.

Awesome, wonderful news.

Has this been the worst couple days to be a Zips fan ever? For anyone not keeping track, the soccer team was eliminated from the NCAA tournament. After much hype, Tressel will not be coming to Akron. The basketball team got destroyed the other day, and now this. We still don't know what happened to Rico and how long he will be out, hopefully he will be back soon, but I don't expect the same from Tree after this Can't-esque behavior.

Welcome to NE Ohio.

Are you new here?

We haven't had anything good happen for us since 1964, it's not changing anytime soon.

Everyone calm down.

Disorderly Conduct is basically about the same as a traffic ticket. It is a violation, no one ever goes to jail for it, at worst you get a fine. But usually just a conditional discharge.

He was not charged with assault or resisting, it will be resolved in one court appearance.

That being said, what a bonehead move. But boys will be boys, and he is just a kid. BIG KID, but still a kid.

Awesome, wonderful news.

I have heard that he is a good kid and a decent student that was raised in a broken family and lacked discipline. This "mistake" makes the "good guy" part suspect. If he can recover, he will need to be all the more diligent and prove himself to the team and KD. One thing for sure...KD and the team will always have a plan "B" now. Very disappointing. Hopefully he gets his act together. He has a great opportunity to make something of himself and has a coach and school that will assist...but the burden will be on him. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Very sad day...most of those I know who follow the program had very high hopes and had nothing but good things to say about him. :unsure:

Welcome to NE Ohio.

Are you new here?

We haven't had anything good happen for us since 1964, it's not changing anytime soon.

Would you stop with the "Woe is me" NE Ohio crap, please. Our Mens Soccer Team went to back-to-back College Cups in 2009 and 2010 and brought home the National Championship trophy in 2010. That's since 1964. Our Mens Soccer Team Head Coach may be coaching in the 2012 Olympics. That's since 1964. The Zips have also had several individual National Championships in recent years. That's since 1964. This is Akron. And, Akron has National Champions and is continuing to build toward more!

As far as Treadwell and Abreu, they need to get their crap together NOW! People make mistakes, but that needs to end NOW! They should be totally embarrassed that they let down their teammates and sent them to WVU short-handed. It's time for them to grow up and do what they need to do to get back onto the team, apologize to their teammates, and work their butts off to bring home another MAC Tournament title and win some games in the NCAA Tourney.

Would you stop with the "Woe is me" NE Ohio crap, please. Our Mens Soccer Team went to back-to-back College Cups in 2009 and 2010 and brought home the National Championship trophy in 2010. That's since 1964. Our Mens Soccer Team Head Coach may be coaching in the 2012 Olympics. That's since 1964. The Zips have also had several individual National Championships in recent years. That's since 1964. This is Akron. And, Akron has National Champions and is continuing to build toward more!

Amen. Who gives a crap about that ambiguous NE Ohio designation? The only time it is invoked is when it benefits Cleveland. Anytime Cleveland doesn't need it, it's the "Cleveland area," not "Northeast Ohio."

This is AKRON. Our jerseys say AKRON. Not Northeast Ohio.

The Cavs away jerseys say CLEVELAND. Not NORTHEAST OHIO. And definitely not AKRON.

The Indians away jerseys say Cleveland. Not NORTHEAST OHIO. And definitely not Akron.

The Browns rep CLEVELAND. Not NORTHEAST OHIO. And definitely not AKRON.

The Vikings away jerseys say CLEVELAND STATE. Not NORTHEAST OHIO STATE. And definitely not AKRON.

This is AKRON. Go Zips.

Everyone calm down.

Disorderly Conduct is basically about the same as a traffic ticket. It is a violation, no one ever goes to jail for it, at worst you get a fine. But usually just a conditional discharge.

He was not charged with assault or resisting, it will be resolved in one court appearance.

That being said, what a bonehead move. But boys will be boys, and he is just a kid. BIG KID, but still a kid.

A BIG KID who stands a good chance of blowing his college scholarship.

Stupid, stupid move for any person of any age. If the report is accurate I would not be disappointed if he were suspended for the season, or permanently booted from the team.

Awesome, wonderful news.

Welcome to NE Ohio.

Are you new here?

Were you around in 2010? National Champs in soccer and a basketball team in the big dance.

I'm sorry, but to me this is not acceptable. If I was Coach Dambrot, I would suspend him indefinitely until he seems to be on page with what we expect here at Akron. But if he ever messes up one more time, whether it's late to a class or practice, he's booted off the team...

This isn't Can't, and I'm not going to lower my standards for good basketball players. You want to play for Akron, then you better shape up. Not dealing with this stuff here.Don't want to change, then go east about 10-15 miles...

I'm sorry, but to me this is not acceptable. If I was Coach Dambrot, I would suspend him indefinitely until he seems to be on page with what we expect here at Akron. But if he ever messes up one more time, whether it's late to a class or practice, he's booted off the team...

This isn't Can't, and I'm not going to lower my standards for good basketball players. You want to play for Akron, then you better shape up. Not dealing with this stuff here.Don't want to change, then go east about 10-15 miles...

+1

That's what I've come to love about Akron basketball since I came to the university two years ago. Not only do we win, but we do it with high standards unlike that school to the east.

+1

That's what I've come to love about Akron basketball since I came to the university two years ago. Not only do we win, but we do it with high standards unlike that school to the east.

But we've never accepted transfers or non-qualifiers before. Now our team is heavy on transfers and non-qualifiers. We now have a higher ceiling, and also potentially a lower basement.

Harney and Treadwell had their hands held as they gained their eligibility last season. Maybe one of them took advantage of the help and changed their lifestyle, and one fell back on his old habits once the hand-holding ended? Very disappointing.

Everyone calm down.

According to the article, he was charged with assault in addition to 2 counts of disorderly conduct for fighting and being intoxicated. You're right about disorderly conduct being the lowest of misdemeanors, but for those that don't know, assault is typically a first degree misdemeanor, which is the most severe degree of misdemeanor. (ORC Sec. 2903.13 Assault)

The assault charge can get reduced or even dropped, it depends on the evidence that the prosecutor has. It can also play a factor if he has priors. He'll start to learn more after his arraignment.

College kids make errors in judgment all the time. Unfortunately, alcohol makes it much easier to make errors in judgment.

Awesome, wonderful news.

Welcome to NE Ohio.

Are you new here?

Dumbest statement of the year??

There's plenty more.