Of the supposed "finalists"... Who's your choice

InTheZone

Head Coach  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Narduzzi pulls his name out of consideration. There goes one of the few people who would succeed as our next head coach.

Wow. Since most of what we see on this site is just speculation, if this is a fact, it may indicate that we simply might not be able to get some of the guys that we are targeting right now. That's sad to me, but I guess it's also a reality when you are a poor football team.

Can we still vote for Glen Mason?

I can live with Glen being a former Flash. It was a long time ago. I just want the best coach we can get, and as I've said all along, a former D-1A head coach would be my first choice. And he would be the type of hire that would get a lot of people's attention, and generate excitement. But at 60 years old, his age is a little bit of a concern to me.

I don't think OSWho fans cared that Urban was from the OSWho-hated SEC, or that he spanked the crap out of them in January a few years ago. I'm sure they just wanted the best coach they could get. We should feel the same way, and not care that he once was employed by a rival.

Since Zach doesn't like to include references in his posts, I'll point to where he likely got the info on Narduzzi:

Bruce Feldman Twitter

This is a wakeup call to all of those who dream of luring a name coach to UA. Note that Narduzzi did not pull his name from consideration for the Pitt coaching vacancy.

Reality is that UA has to pick from among those candidates who would realistically consider the Zips head coaching position a step up from where they are now or from other, more glamorous options that may be open to them.

Since Zach doesn't like to include references in his posts, I'll point to where he likely got the info on Narduzzi:

Bruce Feldman Twitter

This is a wakeup call to all of those who dream of luring a name coach to UA. Note that Narduzzi did not pull his name from consideration for the Pitt coaching vacancy.

Reality is that UA has to pick from among those candidates who would realistically consider the Zips head coaching position a step up from where they are now or from other, more glamorous options that may be open to them.

Agree with above and came to the same conclusion myself during the past week.

However, Narduzzi letting people know he is not considering Akron job could be a sign that UA has informed him they are going in another direction. I think it would be quite possible that TW might have communicated that to Narduzzi's agent to allow him to "save face" in advance of an imminent announcement in a different direction. The timing of this occurring the first day Winters can officially talk with Akron would make me suspect Paul is the guy too.

Who knows?

Agree with above and came to the same conclusion myself during the past week.

However, Narduzzi letting people know he is not considering Akron job could be a sign that UA has informed him they are going in another direction. I think it would be quite possible that TW might have communicated that to Narduzzi's agent to allow him to "save face" in advance of an imminent announcement in a different direction. The timing of this occurring the first day Winters can officially talk with Akron would make me suspect Paul is the guy too.

Who knows?

+1.

This is how I've long interpreted the circumstances surrounding a candidate "removing their name from consideration" so far along into the process.

I just hope we are also looking at successful head coaches at the FCS (1-AA) level. If somebody from those ranks is a finalist and Winters, Johnson, or anyone else beats them out in the interview process than so be it but FCS HC's should be being considered as much as D-2 HCs or any coordinator or position coach that has never held a head coaching job.

I just can't believe more FCS head coach names are not being mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...