The Ohio Bobcats: Our Biggest Threat?

UAZip0510

While the Zips have struggled with suspensions, injuries, and learning to play together, the Ohio Bobcats have been on quite a roll. They are currently 11-1, with their own loss being a 5 point defeat at Louisville. They are currently 21st in the nation in RPI and received 20 votes in the most recent AP Poll. They have defeated us in our last three matchups: by 6 in the 2010 MAC Championship and both times last year - by 9 at the JAR, then by 25 at OU. DJ Cooper averaged 20 points, 8 rebounds, and 10 assists in the three games - close to a triple double. He just so happens to play point guard, a position with a ton of question marks for the Zips due to Abreu's health and Ibitayo's inexperience.

I know the Zips will get better and I'm confident in our team defeating anyone in the MAC, but will OU be our biggest challenge this year?

Zips fans will be bowing to the legend that is DJ Cooper later this month in the Jar.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Will the Rowdies walk out crying?

Ou hasn't played anybody other than UL that has any decent big guys. It will be interesting to see how we defend Cooper. If we contain him, the Zips win with ease. I would think that Q will be all over Cooper.

The OU Paper Tigers will be exposed sooner or later. This team hasn't had to face anything close to resembling adversity yet. They are far too reliant on their backcourt and 3 point shooting, and they have shown in years past that they can and will fold up like a cheap suit when faced with a real challenge. Their frontcourt is undersized and has absolutely no depth. They are going to get torn apart by the Zips, Buffalo, and probably even Miami, Can't and Ball State. D.J. Cooper is a heck of a good little point guard, but he's every bit as capable of shooting his team out of a game as he is winning a game for them. Eventually Cooper's running mates are going to go a little cold and we will get to see the old "one on one, chuck it up from 25 feet with 25 seconds left on the shot clock" D.J. Cooper.

glad to see we're past the holiday niceties and are getting down to some good old fashioned smack talk!

I can't wait till this game, these two teams have a sever disliking of each other and it makes for some great entertainment. It also means you can throw their records out the window.

The two match ups I'm looking forward to are Cooper v Abreu and Baltic v Zips' bigs. I think Cooper was able to get into Abreu's head his freshman year, I'm guessing we'll see a more confident sophomore this time. You can count on Cooper chuckin up some ill advised balls, but the difference this year is the Bobcats are very deep with shooters so other players can pick up the slack. Baltic continues to improve and at times looks like an MVP, but sometimes still struggles against aggressive players down low. will the Zips be able to take him out of his comfort zone?

soo glad this one will be on TV, can't wait.

OU improves to 12-1 with a 71-63 win over now 3-10 Kennishaw State

I want to offer my apologies! This team is for real NOW! They beat a TOUGH team by 8 points!

I'm surprised Kennishaw State isn't ranked yet with those 3 wins!!!

Final Four match-up in March baby!

Dude, didn't OU blast Akron twice last year?

I want to offer my apologies! This team is for real NOW! They beat a TOUGH team by 8 points!

And got a sweet college insider tourney bid for their efforts... :)

I had almost forgotten about that. We'll find out in a couple of weeks if that carried over to this year.

I'm sure every Zips fan thanked our lucky stars when they got knocked out of the MAC tourney before we would have had to play them.

I had almost forgotten about that. We'll find out in a couple of weeks if that carried over to this year.

I'm sure every Zips fan thanked our lucky stars when they got knocked out of the MAC tourney before we would have had to play them.

For the first time in a long time we'll have no trouble matching up with OU's athleticism. Quite the contrary, actually. What I'm most anxious (in a good way) to see is Alex Abreu's maturation at PG in his matchup with the magnificent Mr. Cooper.