The GIANTS Win

akronzips71

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looked like a team that wanted to win last night, well prepared. Good luck to Chase! :thumb:

Zip Alum Karma!! Wonder when Jerry Jones and the rest of the so-called "experts" are gonna wake up to the fact that Tony Romo is the most overrated player in the NFL. Eight years and counting... Meanwhile, the billionaire has 1 playoff in 15 years of ownership?

....most overrated player in the NFL.
I'm not sure how you judge most overrated player in the NFL? By salary? I would start how players were drafted. Tony was not drafted, so I would guess anything after that is gravy. Think of all the first round QB picks that stink, Sanchez comes to mind. If you go by quarterback rating (which many do), there are 30 quarterbacks rated lower, as Tony is #4 in the NFL. I might not start my franchise with Romo, but calling him the most overrated player in the NFL is pretty ridiculous IMO.

....most overrated player in the NFL.
I'm not sure how you judge most overrated player in the NFL? By salary? I would start how players were drafted. Tony was not drafted, so I would guess anything after that is gravy. Think of all the first round QB picks that stink, Sanchez comes to mind. If you go by quarterback rating (which many do), there are 30 quarterbacks rated lower, as Tony is #4 in the NFL. I might not start my franchise with Romo, but calling him the most overrated player in the NFL is pretty ridiculous IMO.

I would say just consider the source.

Think of all the first round QB picks that stink, Sanchez comes to mind.

Coming into this season, Sanchez had four playoff wins in two years. Lots of starting NFL QBs stink, he isn't one of them. He plays for a defensive oriented coach who doesn't value offense so he suffers. If the Jets would can their coach and hire someone who was willing to play football in the 21st Century, Sanchez could shine.

That looked like a team that wanted to win last night, well prepared. Good luck to Chase! :thumb:

Zip Alum Karma!! Wonder when Jerry Jones and the rest of the so-called "experts" are gonna wake up to the fact that Tony Romo is the most overrated player in the NFL. Eight years and counting... Meanwhile, the billionaire has 1 playoff in 15 years of ownership?

Still sad to see that Chase is our best NFL player right now with Taylors retirement. Nothing against Chase who has done a great job but we used to be a little more prominent in the NFL.

Ho-hum. So hillbottomer is still living in denial. Typical. Anyone here want Romo at QB when the game is on the line? Or want to give him a $67.5 mil contract after one mediocre season? No? Gosh. Really? No one said he's the worst, as Cleveland corners that market. But overrated? Oh yeah.

Congrats to Blackburn; and here's hoping UA brings Taylor back for some type of honor sooner than later. Why wait five years til he's a "possible" first-ballot guy? Strike while the iron's hot.

Coming into this season, Sanchez had four playoff wins in two years. Lots of starting NFL QBs stink, he isn't one of them. He plays for a defensive oriented coach who doesn't value offense so he suffers. If the Jets would can their coach and hire someone who was willing to play football in the 21st Century, Sanchez could shine.

I believe the Jets won those games, not Sanchez.

LOL. Tony Romo overrated? Look at his stats this season and then come back and try to tell me that.

LOL. Sanchoke is trash. Who cares if his head coach if defensive oriented. Newflash.. Tomlin is defensive oriented and Big Ben does pretty well.

Who cares if his head coach if defensive oriented.

The philosophy of a coach dictates how he will use his players. Defensive coaches keep a tight hold on offense, which is why few should be allowed to be a head coach in 2012.

Tomlin and the Steelers....This is coming from a huge Steelers fan....Their offense isn't worth much. Lots of yards....not many points (see NFL team scoring stats). The Steelers, and their entire division, played a lot of easy teams this year and it helped their records....How do I know this?...The Bengals made the playoffs in a season when both Baltimore and Pittsburgh made the playoffs. Only the Browns are pathetic enough not to win at least six against the schedule the AFC North had to play.

....Sanchez could shine.
Time will tell. He might get his chance sooner than you think. Jets are considering cutting him. Plus, he has better things to do.

The Jets aren't going to cut him. Let them. See what they come up with...it would end up being a huge joke.

I'll take Chad Pennington's opinion of him over Florio's all day long. What free agent QB would want to go to a team coached by the offspring of Buddy Ryan and his stupid ideas about offense? An offense coached by a Schottenheimer? As the old saying goes, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I don't know how anyone could look at those two names and not be able to figure out what is wrong with the Jets offense. Firing Ryan is the only way the Jets can save their team. He'll just hire another Schottenheimerlike coach if he is allowed to get rid of Schottenheimer and hire another OC. If not, the best thing Sanchez could ever do is leave NY.

The offense runs better when Sanchez is the offensive coordinator and someone else plays QB (even an old man).

He's a screwball, you can have him, I've seen enough of his arrant throws and misreads to know he wouldn't be on my team.

Chase on the other hand, the first time I met him, I knew could play on my team.

It's getting ugly.

But former Jets QB Boomer Esiason also said recently that he doesn't think the Jets can win a Super Bowl with Sanchez. "If you watched Mark Sanchez the last month of the season, he was like a chihuahua standing on Madison Avenue and 36th Street entering the Midtown Tunnel, eyes bigger than you-know-what, and just so shaky," said Esiason

Another huge play by Chase. Just returned a fumble for a near touchdown to pretty much seal the upset for the Giants.
Great game by Chase and the Giants D. Loved seeing two defenses beat the supposed top tier offenses in the NFC this weekend.

Two great money line bets this weekend! Ching.

Chase and Domenik Hixon will both get a shot at Super Bowl ring #2!
How bad is Chase's shoulder injury? I hope he gets a chance to play.

He was all over the field before getting injured. How about that coverage on the slot go route?

PS All Giants and their fans need to send Kyle Williams a Christmas card this year.