New Flordia State Transfer!

ZipFan42

A two-time state championship hurdler, Commack missed his sophomore football season at FSU due to a broken femur while running hurdles:

ESPN ACC Blog

He appears to have enough speed, skills and experience to be useful to the Zips next season, and can perhaps use the opportunity to raise his NFL draft profile:

NFLDraftScout.com

He is a great talent. Probably better than anyone currently on the roster. His talent will make an immediate impact on our football team. The only thing that bothers me is the theft charges. Character does matter. Hopefully the coaching staff can be mentor him and steer him away from any possible future social problems. If he has matured and cleaned his act up, then this guy is a steal.

I may have mentioned before that one of the worst things about being a college football or basketball coach is that you have to be good at convincing kids who don't belong in college to come to yours. I think we finally have someone who is going to be really good at that. I'm psyched. Let the good times roll. :rock:

Hopefully the coaching staff can be mentor him and steer him away from any possible future social problems.

I think we now have coaches on our staff who know how to handle at risk players. The guy went to FSU for a pretty long time without anything happening. My bet is nothing happens at Akron.

Guys steal items of much more value out of the book room where scholarship players have to turn their books in at the end of every semester and nobody ever finds out about it.

Hopefully,this guy can keep it together for one season w/o anymore problems. Wonder what we would be saying if Can't had recruited him?

We would be saying that it's commendable that Can't is willing to give a young man... with a college degree, mind you... a second chance to pursue his dreams on the gridiron.

At least, that's my best guess about what we'd be sayin'. :P

We would be saying that it's commendable that Can't is willing to give a young man... with a college degree, mind you... a second chance to pursue his dreams on the gridiron.

At least, that's my best guess about what we'd be sayin'. :P

K.e.n.t. took Abe Elam for 1 season, so I wouldn't expect any grief from their 4 fans.

• 5 months later...
Commack is a HUGE pick up. We haven't had ANY serviceable CB since Reggie Corner.

Agreed although I'd throw Davanzo Tate in there as well. We didn't realize how good we had it with those two. I've commented before on Commack's size. He's a HUGE pick up in more ways than one!

Agreed although I'd throw Davanzo Tate in there as well. We didn't realize how good we had it with those two. I've commented before on Commack's size. He's a HUGE pick up in more ways than one!

The 3 cornerback rotation of Corner, Tate, and Brandon Anderson was definitely the best trio of DB's in the MAC at the time, and probably top 15 in the country. Captain's right though, we haven't had a cornerback who could play since those guys moved on to NFL camps.