BGSU

ZachTheZip

Wow, that was close to a charge. Refs rarely call those at the end of the game though. Great drive from Harney. Also, I was wondering this last night, and am again after seeing the highlights. Was that a pass or a missed layup by Harney when Tree slammed it home on that fast break?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Abreu to Gilliam alley-oop at 1:08 was pretty impressive. Wonder why coach doesn't play Gilliam more during crunch time...bad defense? I will be paying closer attention to his D just for my own understanding.

I thought Gilliam did a nice job of taking Thomas out of the game last night. Thomas hurt the Zips a little bit early, but Chauncey did a better job as the game wore on, and I think Thomas had no points after halftime.

Go Zips!

Wow, that was close to a charge. Refs rarely call those at the end of the game though. Great drive from Harney. Also, I was wondering this last night, and am again after seeing the highlights. Was that a pass or a missed layup by Harney when Tree slammed it home on that fast break?

Based on where he put the ball and how hard he threw it, I'm going to take PASS for $100, Alex. If so, in that situation of a game, that's pretty scary stuff.

Based on where he put the ball and how hard he threw it, I'm going to take PASS for $100, Alex. If so, in that situation of a game, that's pretty scary stuff.

That's my guess as well. The chemistry between Tree and Harney is pretty impressive. They had a play where Harney passed it in to Tree last night and then he one touched it back to Harney for an easy lay in.

I just watched the video of Harney's final shot over Black a dozen times. Black was shuffling his feet and moving his body around to set up in Harney's path right up until the second Harney left his feet to take the shot. Harney tried to check his momentum as much as he could to avoid contact. There was minimal contact, and Black took a flop. It could be debated whether Black had position established or whether Harney checked up enough on his drive. It was a good non-call by the ref, especially on a game-winning shot in the last second of the game.

Out of a dozen 50-50 calls during this game, that buzzer beater one was the only one that went our way. I can go back and argue 12 questionable calls and so could KD. Orr's parade at the buzzer just shows what a "crybaby" he is.

On a separate, but related note, did you see how close that hail mary shot was to going in? phew!!!!

On a separate, but related note, did you see how close that hail mary shot was to going in? phew!!!!

Even if it had gone in, I think the replay would have shown it was too late. A half second isn't enough time to catch, cock and shoot a shot of that distance. I just didn't realize how little time was left when Harney put his shot up. With the bit of bouncing like it did, there likely wouldn't have been any time for a follow on opportunity even if we had gotten the offensive rebound on a miss.

I just watched the video of Harney's final shot over Black a dozen times. Black was shuffling his feet and moving his body around to set up in Harney's path right up until the second Harney left his feet to take the shot. Harney tried to check his momentum as much as he could to avoid contact. There was minimal contact, and Black took a flop. It could be debated whether Black had position established or whether Harney checked up enough on his drive. It was a good non-call by the ref, especially on a game-winning shot in the last second of the game.

Finally a tiny bit of payback for Keith McCloud and Anthony Stacy's game-ending daggers.

Is it just me, or is Harney a better ball handler than Q?

Who would you rather have bring the ball up the court, Harney or Q?

Who would you rather see drive to the basket, Harney or Q?

Who would you rather see take the last shot, Harney or Q?

I think I'm with Harney on all three accounts.

Q is great, but Harney is even greater!

You cant be serious with the better ball handling question right? Harney can't play PG. Why do you think KD has Q doing it after AA comes out. As you saw yesterday and the game before when Q is running PG with Harney and Gilliam in great things happen. Q is also distributing the ball well. I can't count how many shots he has passed on, too many though.

They both are great at driving to the basket, too many examples of both doing it during the season. That is part of their game.

Last shot? Now thats a tricky one. Q has a better shot tho, so I'll go with him

Hipsher recruited Keith McCloud pretty hard and Keith wanted to be a Zip, but chose BGSU because we already had Ball & Bosley. Unfortunately, McCloud winded up being better than even either of those two (of course, he probably wouldn't have progressed as much as he did had D-Hip been berating him for four years).

Stacey Ended the Zips' season in 1999 @ the JAR I think, and McLeod in 2002 @ the Q.

Doing a little browsing at lunch, I found this at AZZ.com. I think the poster saw what I saw on Wednesday (caps are his emphasis):

What jumped out at me the most about this game though is that we should have beat a team that is LEAPS AND BOUNDS ahead of us, talent-wise. Harney, Diggs, and Treadwell all COME OFF THE BENCH for them. Either one of those guys would probably be the first or second best athlete on our entire team. Gotta hand it to our guys for battling, but that was a must win given the circumstances. If that team gets it together (face it, they looked sluggish), they are going to be one tough out in March.

Harney was averaging 20 minutes per game prior to his 5-game suspension. Knowing the way KD operates, any player who's suspended has to earn his PT back.

In his first game back, Harney played 9 minutes against Marshall, followed by 10 minutes against Miami. Tonight, Harney played 14 minutes.

More importantly tonight, KD trusted him enough to sub him in with 2 minutes left and the Zips down by 3. Harney responded by hitting a critical 3-pointer to tie the game.

And most important of all, KD subbed Harney in with 9 seconds left in the game and the Zips trailing by 1. Harney responded by hitting the game winner with 1 second left.

Harney will be back to 20 minutes or more per game before too many more games, and so will Tree.

That didn't take long. Harney played 20 minutes against OU and had a really solid performance -- 10 points, 5 rebounds, an assist, a block and a steal with no turnovers.