Detroit Game Thread

zippy5

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very disappointing. Alex turns over the ball too much. He picks up his tribble with nowhere to go or loses the ball in traffic. He did have several nice steals though. Poor foul shooting, we can't get the ball inside to Zeke in the 2nd half and Walsh not being a factor at all. I thought Tree played great but he missed 5 free throws. Gilliam had a great game from the outside. Would have liked to see him shooting the 3 at the end of the game. Hopefully, they will play better at home.

It's certainly official with me now that this is a disappointing Zips team. There were no extenuating circumstances here. The Zips had all their players with everyone in reasonably good health. If the players are at all serious about playing basketball, they ought to have their own private meeting without the coaching staff and make a unanimous personal commitment to each other to start playing together more seriously as a team.

I'm pissed off. This team has no mental toughness and I mean none. What's with the love affair for Kretzer?? I have no idea why he is getting so many minutes. He may or may not develop into a very good player but he's certainly not there yet, nowhere close . AA was really, really bad and Bentancourt can't hit a 3 footer. other than Tree and Chauncy this team was awful today and that includes the suit.

we can't get the ball inside to Zeke

You are reading my mind. Our ability to get the ball inside is terrible. Detroit's center, a guy who will never play a second of professional basketball on any continent, was the best center on the court today. Zeke had trouble maintaining offensive post position against him. When he did, we don't have a player who can make an accurate pass into the post without Zeke losing ground. We need better inside offensive production from the center position...34 needs to play more.

You are reading my mind. Our ability to get the ball inside is terrible. Detroit's center, a guy who will never play a second of professional basketball on any continent, was the best center on the court today. Zeke had trouble maintaining offensive post position against him. When he did, we don't have a player who can make an accurate pass into the post without Zeke losing ground. We need better inside offensive production from the center position...34 needs to play more.

Soft is as soft does.

Should I say what everyone is thinking?

Can anyone explain the thought process on the substitutions? Frequency? Purpose? It seems as if players are not allowed to get into any rhythm without being substituted after about 4 minutes of playing time. Make a couple baskets and sit down. Is this how it is always done?

Soft is as soft does.

I wouldn't call Zeke soft. I would call him underdeveloped. On the defensive end, he can be overly aggressive and go for blocks he has no shot of getting leaving him out of rebounding position.

On the offensive end, he sets the post where the other player sets it which is what players do these days. As the ball rotates, if he is too far from the basket, he can't reestablish closer to the basket.

This isnt all on zeke. Our perimeter players never seem to have themselves in position to deliver a pass to the center at an effective angle.

There are a lot of things with our offense that are not allowing it to come together as we'll as it could. They need to get to work.

Soft is as soft does.

I wouldn't call Zeke soft. I would call him underdeveloped. On the defensive end, he can be overly aggressive and go for blocks he has no shot of getting leaving him out of rebounding position.

On the offensive end, he sets the post where the other player sets it which is what players do these days. As the ball rotates, if he is too far from the basket, he can't reestablish closer to the basket.

This isnt all on zeke. Our perimeter players never seem to have themselves in position to deliver a pass to the center at an effective angle.

There are a lot of things with our offense that are not allowing it to come together as we'll as it could. They need to get to work.