Q Is Back!

I would like some verification that he is that tall. At 6"10" with his skills and determination he is NBA material for sure. AND that would give us a gigantic lineup with PF at 6'11" And Johnson supposedly around 6'9"

Remember when you were much younger and shorter and you would see some guy who was big and thought he must be a giant (but it turns out the guy was 6'4"?

Well that same thing happens to others who aren't as young as you were when it happened to you.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And let's remember that Tree also turns into Mr. Hyde when he has too much to drink.

I hope he realizes where he is and how much he now has to lose.

Yeah, lets continue to hold a minor incident that neither of us know the circumstances of against him.

Yeah, lets continue to hold a minor incident that neither of us know the circumstances of against him.

It wasn't enough that Zekes Mom went off on you, now I have to also?

When he was arrested, people here were crying the blues that he was going to prison etc.

And I was the one who said:

"It's a bar fight. It will go away. No big deal".

Look it up. And then apologize.

It wasn't enough that Zekes Mom went off on you, now I have to also?

When he was arrested, people here were crying the blues that he was going to prison etc.

And I was the one who said:

"It's a bar fight. It will go away. No big deal".

Look it up. And then apologize.

Not apologizing for anything. Did he go to prison? I dont care what you said, you are the one still holding it against him.

Gamechanger went off on me because she misunderstood the post and took it way out of context.

Not apologizing for anything. Did he go to prison? I dont care what you said, you are the one still holding it against him.

Gamechanger went off on me because she misunderstood the post and took it way out of context.

And YOU took MY post out of context.

He WAS arrested and he WAS suspended.

Those are facts. At the time I was the one who said it was no big deal and would go away. And it did.

But my POINT is that big guys like him are targets. Pros get into trouble all the time with people who think they are tougher than the biggest guy in the room. David Wells, Mark Gastineau etc. I hope he realizes the position he is in and how much he has to lose. At his age self control is not always that easy.

• 3 weeks later...

It's really official now. GoZips just called from the JAR to let us know that Q is practicing with the team, and he looks to be in great shape. He said the freshmen are up next, and this will be his first chance to see them practicing. Hopefully GoZips will give us a full report before the day is over.

It's really official now. GoZips just called from the JAR to let us know that Q is practicing with the team, and he looks to be in great shape. He said the freshmen are up next, and this will be his first chance to see them practicing. Hopefully GoZips will give us a full report before the day is over.

Looking forward to that post. GoZips provides me with much needed off-season information that gets me through the summer months until first tip in the fall.

Looking forward to that post. GoZips provides me with much needed off-season information that gets me through the summer months until first tip in the fall.

Thanks for the compliment.

Three freshman participated in today's morning workout. All three, Isiah Johnson, Kwan Cheatham and Aaron Jackson have

nice strokes and finish well. All three shoot well from beyond the arc and seem really coachable. These kids are a couple of

notches above your typical MAC player. Great recruiting class.

Each group of players went through a series of drills. The veterans knew what to expect and were productive. The freshmen

were a little confused, but got through the drills in fine shape.

Except for Diggs who is in ready-to-play shape everyone else had a bit of tongue dragging. The freshmen were the least

polished. That will change over time.

While Zeke's presence will be sorely missed Pat and Isiah look as though they will represent well in the paint. Tree looks

solid and even improved over last season as is Harney. The bigs had a series of dunking drills. That was fun to watch as

these guys were really rattling the rim.

Jake worked out with the bigs while Reggie McAdams worked with the guards.

This is the tallest group of players in Akron history. This season you will see why "Think Bigger" is more than Zeke.

BJ Gladden reports Wednesday. Nyles Evans is still finishing classes down in Florida.

Three freshman participated in today's morning workout. All three, Isiah Johnson, Kwan Cheatham and Aaron Jackson have

nice strokes and finish well. All three shoot well from beyond the arc and seem really coachable. These kids are a couple of

Each group of players went through a series of drills. The veterans knew what to expect and were productive. The freshmen

Except for Diggs who is in ready-to-play shape everyone else had a bit of tongue dragging. The freshmen were the least

While Zeke's presence will be sorely missed Pat and Isiah look as though they will represent well in the paint. Tree looks

solid and even improved over last season as is Harney. The bigs had a series of dunking drills. That was fun to watch as

This is the tallest group of players in Akron history. This season you will see why "Think Bigger" is more than Zeke.

BJ Gladden reports Wednesday. Nyles Evans is still finishing classes down in Florida.

It will be really interesting to see what happens with Isiah. He is a BIG body, and may grow an inch or so.

Jackson looks like he has excellent vision and should get a lot of assists.

I would not assume that anything is cast in stone as far as the guard positions. Our starting senior PG is gone for good, and it will be up to KD to decide who can fill that gap. Quite possibly we will open the season with a starting PG who has never touched the ball for Akron.

I noticed that you didn't mention Carmelo. Does he look like he's in better condition? Has he taken a little bit of a leadership role?

Made me smile when I read this...Q is a man on a mission.

I noticed that you didn't mention Carmelo. Does he look like he's in better condition? Has he taken a little bit of a leadership role?

Sorry. I failed to mention 'Melo. I arrived late and most of the guards workout was completed by the time I arrived.

I like 'Melo. One can only hope that he sees the light, gets the message and tunes in. Enough of the cliches.

'Melo is most likely going to be the back up point guard sharing duties with Quincy when Q gets called on. At this

time you can pencil in Nyles Evans on the point even though he has yet to practice with the Zips.

But, always remember, I am just a fan; an observer. The Zips need three point guards that can handle the ball if they are

to be successful.

George Thomas Q & A session with Q. Diggs http://bit.ly/11GGvOj

I want ...and get some wins in the NCAA Tournament
Me too Q, me too.

They didn’t really have an attacking guard who could get to the rim and create for other people.
Great point Q.

The afro morphed into dreads. The body is svelter and the outside shot is improved.
Great opportunity for a photo, what happened? PS Q has played with dreads before.

10472579-large.jpg

Dambrot once told Q that he had NBA potential, if only he could get his head on straight. Q needs to come out and just blow everyone away. Take over games. Become the team's vocal and emotional leader. Am I correct in thinking that he is the team's only senior this season?