Dylan Evans Article

Blue & Gold

Is it just me, but I get a little angry when News sources call The University of Akron, Akron University. I mean can you guys actually fact check your copy BEFORE you publish?

I agree. Very insulting.

I agree. Very insulting.

You wannna know what's "insulting"? Chisholm breaks off his 65 yd TD run today vs Ball State. The TV camera pans to the stands, where a guy is celebrating with his arms thrown in the air. The jerk is wearing a Suckeyes T-shirt in Akron's stadium. Now THAT is insulting!

And yet people wonder why so many of us here loathe OSU!

My wife made a good point about osu football. If you watch games and fans closely, you see it. Everything is very contrived at osu games. There is very little spontaneous behavior and there are too many people wearing some sort of costume to games. Grown men dressing like idiots is a contrived behavior.

Even though it is contrived and leaves a bit of a bitter taste after watching the nonsense, while one watches it, it looks nice. Which brings me back to what my wife called osu. She called them the Cheesecake Factory of college football. Everything looks nice, but there is a huge layer of phoniness around it that non punch drinkers see right through. People outside of Ohio see right through it.

My wife made a good point about osu football. If you watch games and fans closely, you see it. Everything is very contrived at osu games. There is very little spontaneous behavior and there are too many people wearing some sort of costume to games. Grown men dressing like idiots is a contrived behavior.

Even though it is contrived and leaves a bit of a bitter taste after watching the nonsense, while one watches it, it looks nice. Which brings me back to what my wife called osu. She called them the Cheesecake Factory of college football. Everything looks nice, but there is a huge layer of phoniness around it that non punch drinkers see right through. People outside of Ohio see right through it.

Besides the grown men dressing like idiots, which I hate, its culture and tradition. Something Akron (unfortunately) and Wake Forest (nice choke, by the way) know nothing about in football. Your wife also doesnt know anything about football. There is no phoniness around it. Its hard to understand if you have no familiarity, though. Any other University in Ohio or even most of the country wish their football program and support for athletics were half of what OSU's is.

Besides the grown men dressing like idiots, which I hate, its culture and tradition. Something Akron (unfortunately) and Wake Forest (nice choke, by the way) know nothing about in football. Your wife also doesnt know anything about football.

That wasn't call for LZip :nono:

Have you ever been to a game? It's much more akin to a Cracker Barrel.

Have you ever been to a game? It's much more akin to a Cracker Barrel.

I would say Bob Evans is a better fit. The colors match and headquartered in Ohio…don't forget about the three course menu starting at $9.99. The SEC is like a diner serving homemade cathead biscuits and gravy. The MAC is a rusty hotdog cart. Always there but leaves you feeling unsatisfied, bloated and wondering it is you actually just ate.

I have been to a number of OSU games in the Horseshoe over the last couple of decades; always at the invitation of a fan of the team the Buckeyes were playing.

Great atmosphere; always had a good time. Never reminded me of being in any of the eateries you guys have suggested.

Hope Zip fans can enjoy the same experience at the Info soon.